Winter side of Winter Summerland Mini Golf closing for refurbishment until further notice

luv

Like much of WDW, it could use some sprucing up and maintenance. Winter is no worse than Summer, though.

I hope they keep the castle and get a new video at the end. That Windows 3.0-looking computer stuff in the video is no longer real impressive.

I'm glad they're going to spruce it up (assuming they aren't actually closing it completely.) Good deal! :)

luv

Side note:

This is one of the best AP discount offerings. As a local, we enjoy the 50% off quite often. Far more than the crappy 15% off we get at Universal.

See how that works Disney, give us a decent discount and the pocketbook opens really easily. Now how about some dining discounts so I do not have to keep eating off site before I visit, m'kay?
Agreed. I always suggest mini-golf as a first date. You can learn so much about comparability when playing mini-golf. I can learn almost everything I need to know, lol. You don't have to talk too much, but have little things to discuss. It's cheap, too!

Mini golf at Disney is one of the few good deals. (Still more expensive than offsite, though.)

MOXOMUMD

Like much of WDW, it could use some sprucing up and maintenance. Winter is no worse than Summer, though.

I hope they keep the castle and get a new video at the end. That Windows 3.0-looking computer stuff in the video is no longer real impressive.

I'm glad they're going to spruce it up (assuming they aren't actually closing it completely.) Good deal! :)
The computers at the end weren't working when we were there. :(

luv

The computers at the end weren't working when we were there. :(
You didn't miss much. They're fairly silly and not in the good way.

The only really mentionable and memorable thing about the video is how outdated it all seems...but I know what it's like to want to see it for yourself and make your own judgement! Hope they work next time you go!

71jason

Quote from our outing last month: "Oh boy, Santa brought me a computer from 1997!"

Honestly, tho, the theming of the 34 other holes holds up well, or would if it wasn't faded and falling apart in places.

71jason

Side note:
This is one of the best AP discount offerings. As a local, we enjoy the 50% off quite often. Far more than the crappy 15% off we get at Universal.

Hollywood Drive-In at full price is a better value than Winter-Summerland in its current condition at half-off. (Or most of the courses on 192 even if they were free.)

C.FERNIE

I much prefer Fantasia Gardens, but that probs because we stay at the Boardwalk and hardly ever go to Blizzard Beach ( I always think it makes me feel cold, i know i am silly haha) but the last time i did play it (about 6 years ago) it needed painted and fixed then, don't think they touched it up much a lot in the last couple of years!

Disnee4Me

how do you get the the mini-golf courses? I assume your own transporation? We've had tickets for early 2000s that we got for free with out package, but never used them.

Bryansworld

I just hope they are actuall refurbing it. I would really understand the lack on NEW stuff at WDW if they spruced up everything they already have in the mean time. If it is just closed temp. or long term, just to save costs... then I have a problem.

71jason

how do you get the the mini-golf courses? I assume your own transporation? We've had tickets for early 2000s that we got for free with out package, but never used them.

For me, yes. Could walk to Winter-Summerland from Blizzard Beach, and I suppose could get to Fantasia from Swan. But I'm unaware of any dedicated bus service.

kylewr86

You simply take the bus to Blizzard Beach and disembark. Watch your step as you exit the motor coach and proceed to your nearby destination Winter Summerland Mini Golf. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom