Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
why do they put up the tree so late?
They tape the ABC parade in early Dec and put a stage in place of where the Christmas Tree is in Town Square. In the old days, they used to put the tree near the castle until the parade taping, then move it to Town Square. In recent times they just don't put it up until after the parade taping.

Jose

They tape the ABC parade in early Dec and put a stage in place of where the Christmas Tree is in Town Square. In the old days, they used to put the tree near the castle until the parade taping, then move it to Town Square. In recent times they just don't put it up until after the parade taping.
Thanks, and do you know if they are changing the tree next year? I mean a new one ;)

Brad Bishop

I think someone else mentioned this but the Disney trees look too geometric. They look like perfect cones. I know it's all part of the display and all that but it'd be cool if they looked more like trees and less like cones.

mikenatcity1

My first time seeing christmas at the Magic Kingdom was when the tree was near the rose garden. It was great to see the tree there and later moved :)

mm52200

It really bugs me how they use the excuse that they have to have the stage for the filming of the Christmas parade there. It wasn't until the past five or six years that they would do that. There are multiple other locations that they could have the host stage set up along the route but they choose not to. As a result, the MK Christmas tree barely ends up being up a whole month.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I'm torn.
I like the style of the brackets. I like the wreaths. I like the unobstructed view down Main Street. I like the parade that made this change required.
I do not like however the lack of the visual impact that the previous version had.

I saw these on Thursday. They actually look really good IMO. A couple caveats...

1. I saw these during the day. So I can't judge the lights.

More bad show - you can even see the power cables was WDI even trying here.
I noticed the power cords straight away. They are glaringly obvious.

Basically I'm cool with the change, but it needs a bit of tweaking.

Fwiw, I like the new decor independent of castle views. I could not care less about castle views. I'd prefer the castle be a little less in your face. Trees and such would make me happy.

hpyhnt 1000

I saw these on Thursday. They actually look really good IMO. A couple caveats...

1. I saw these during the day. So I can't judge the lights.

I noticed the power cords straight away. They are glaringly obvious.

Basically I'm cool with the change, but it needs a bit of tweaking.

Fwiw, I like the new decor independent of castle views. I could not care less about castle views. I'd prefer the castle be a little less in your face. Trees and such would make me happy.

I will admit the new wreaths appear to frame the castle very nicely when looking down Main Street. But I'm with you on the trees and greenery being needed. Hopefully the new hub addresses this (and brings back the twinkle lights as well).

Goofnut1980

If the brackets were not so huge in relation to the wreath it would be a better effect, Alternatively they could have done larger wreaths and more of them. Or just run the christmas parade INSTEAD of FoF for the duration.

I agree with you on this.. While the wreaths are a welcomed addition, but, the proportion of arm to wreath to candle is off to me... It looks like someone ordered the wrong wreaths and then added a bell to the end to fill in space. Its pretty, but odd at the same time.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I agree with you on this.. While the wreaths are a welcomed addition, but, the proportion of arm to wreath to candle is off to me... It looks like someone ordered the wrong wreaths and then added a bell to the end to fill in space. Its pretty, but odd at the same time.

They don't really look out of proportion in real life. Aside from the hack job for the power, they are very nice looking.

DisneyYorkian74

Just got back from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party last night...

And I've got to say, the wreaths looked GREAT!

I was worried based on the pictures that they would lose some impact being placed on the side of Main Street rather than strung through the middle, but they still had a great impact.

Magic Kingdom looks great for Christmas (except the big main Christmas tree is not up from what I saw) and you can't judge based off what it looks in pictures, you have to see it in real life before making any final judgements.

Cody5294

Another dumb question but from what I remeber from the past few years they don't normally add Christmas decorations to the resorts until after thanksgiving right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom