Wetzel's Pretzels closing at the end of this week

JimboJones123

Why is Starbucks being pushed every where? There are some people who don't drink coffee or even get sick at the smell of the stuff. So now when I go to DTD I have to find away around the smell of Starbucks to avoid hurling what food I have in my tummy
I didn't say for it to be stopped every where, I would like to see it in fewer places and not every time I turn a corner. It's in at Main Street Bakery and now at DTD/DS. What's next, every restaurant and hotel too?

Why does there have to be SO MANY places? That is what I would like to know. I'm not saying it needs to be stopped, I'm just asking why there can't be fewer of them.
That is some quality Starbucks bitterness. Wow. I don't remember being forced to enter a single one of these locations. As for smells, the ice cream shop and popcorn carts send of more smells. Strange thing to be so upset about.

If you are really worried about smells, how about the black mold growing outside Character Connection at Epcot. That mildew can truly cause real health problems, not hyperbole tummy trouble.

Glasgow

Lots of people that I know detest the corporate Disney product more than Starbucks (as evidenced when I tell people I'm going back for my yearly visit). If you think about it, they're pretty similar. They serve a discretionary product at a premium price. It's only worth it if it's .. well .. worth it to you. I suppose it's still a bit depressing watching the homogenization of the Disney product, but that's life in business.

Prince-1

Why is Starbucks being pushed every where? There are some people who don't drink coffee or even get sick at the smell of the stuff. So now when I go to DTD I have to find away around the smell of Starbucks to avoid hurling what food I have in my tummy

Its being pushed EVERYWHERE!!!!! I mean it is at one location at MK, Epcot, and soon to be AK and DHS (I'm making an educated guess here) and at DTD. They are just taking over. It's like getting Gremlins wet and feeding them after dark!! :eek: They just multiply and multiply.....

Seriously, it is the number one coffee house in the world so it makes total sense that Disney wants them in their parks. I don't like the product myself but could care less that they are a presence at WDW. And if you get sick by the smell of coffee then you must "borrow" several of the barf bags they provide at Mission: Space just in case you pass a coffee stand.

DVC4bestvacations

It was more disturbing for me when MC Donalds had a stand that sold fries in the MK. Disney has always used national brands to supplement there income. If it's sponsorship of a ride or a food concession stand whats the difference? Starbuck's fits the bill.

NowInc

They have the concept art for the new starbucks at DTD on the construction walls that are now in place..honestly..it looks like its going to be VERY nice, and judging by many of the comments I overheard by others as they looked at it, many others agree. It stands out in a good way, and if its any indication of the "art" direction the rest of Disney Springs will bring, then all I can say is...excellent.

CDavid

Which McDonald's remain on property?

The stand-alone McDoanld's at the junction of Osceola Parkway and Buena Vista Drive, near the entrance to the All-Star Resorts. I find it the least objectionable of the formerly on-site McDonald's, but I'd still rather it be gone too.

Mickey_777

There is also a 2nd concept art on the construction walls that shows it from the longer side of the building

I took a couple views for me to catch it. Looks like this Starbucks will be large enough and provide enough seating to make up for the lack-there-of at MK and Epcot lol...

DJMoore2011

That is some quality Starbucks bitterness. Wow. I don't remember being forced to enter a single one of these locations. As for smells, the ice cream shop and popcorn carts send of more smells. Strange thing to be so upset about.

If you are really worried about smells, how about the black mold growing outside Character Connection at Epcot. That mildew can truly cause real health problems, not hyperbole tummy trouble.

Don't hate Starbucks~hate coffee in general. I don't smell Ice cream or pop corn but any smell of coffee and I throw up. I don't have to go in, it can be walking past a the doors and smell it and there goes whatever was in my stomach. Hope your never around me when I do smell coffee you wont think I am hyperbole my tummy problems when I am spewing what is left in my tummy. Guess we can call it job security for the custodians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom