New Main Street U.S.A bypass to be built to address entry and exit congestion at the Magic Kingdom

Goofyernmost

I want to say I last used it about 10 years ago, back when they would keep it open till 1AM sometimes and it was the very end of the night.
I think you are thinking about the east bypass not the west one. I don't remember the west one being there at all. you had to go through the stores to avoid parades and main street clutter during castle projection and fireworks. The west one appears to be sitting between Casey's Corner and Crystal Palace Restaurant. Unless I am delusional (which is entirely possible). If I'm wrong I'm sure it won't take long for someone to correct me.

TrainsOfDisney

I think you are thinking about the east bypass not the west one. I don't remember the west one being there at all. you had to go through the stores to avoid parades and main street clutter during castle projection and fireworks. The west one appears to be sitting between Casey's Corner and Crystal Palace Restaurant. Unless I am delusional (which is entirely possible). If I'm wrong I'm sure it won't take long for someone to correct me.
They did use it before the hub completion. It was rare but I remember it being used during New Years week. I’m such a geek I went back up Main Street so I could go down that bypass. Cheaper than a backstage tour though!

PolynesianPrincess

They did use it before the hub completion. It was rare but I remember it being used during New Years week. I’m such a geek I went back up Main Street so I could go down that bypass. Cheaper than a backstage tour though!

I remember going down the west one once when it was super crowded after the fireworks. They had both sides open. I wanna say this was like 7-10 years ago.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Its weird, I swear I had already used a bypass on the west side once or twice before years ago, but maybe I am misremembering? Or does Disneyland have one on the right side leaving already, and that is what I am thinking of?
I remember the last night of Wishes they used this side for guests to exit.
Also, as a former MK CM, this widened path will make it easier for CM to get stuff from the utilidoor out on stage. Merchandise and Food Carts are heavy and it used to be a pain to navigate through that area with the fountain and crowds !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom