8 People, 2 Rooms, 1 Account

DTale

Original Poster
So I'm a little worried. I have 8 people linked to one account and all their magicbands are on my account. It says all magicbands can be used interchangeably, so does that mean they will all be able to open both rooms? I hope not.

Rob562

I presume when you say that 8 people are linked to one account that you mean you have your own profile and then 7 "managed by you" accounts, correct? If so, then each person's Band will only open the room for the reservation they're associated with.

If somehow all 8 people are linked to *one* profile, then you have a large problem that needs to be fixed by calling Tech Support.

The "Bands can be used interchangeably" means that when a person has multiple Bands assigned to them (via multiple trips or purchasing additional Bands in the parks) those Bands associated with them can be used interchangeably. It doesn't mean that every person's Band can be used by everyone else.

-Rob

DTale

Original Poster
I presume when you say that 8 people are linked to one account that you mean you have your own profile and then 7 "managed by you" accounts, correct? If so, then each person's Band will only open the room for the reservation they're associated with.

If somehow all 8 people are linked to *one* profile, then you have a large problem that needs to be fixed by calling Tech Support.

The "Bands can be used interchangeably" means that when a person has multiple Bands assigned to them (via multiple trips or purchasing additional Bands in the parks) those Bands associated with them can be used interchangeably. It doesn't mean that every person's Band can be used by everyone else.

-Rob

There's eight different names managed by me, and each one has a magicband. So I should be all set?

Tom

Beta Return
When they say they can be used interchangeably, I think that means if one person has more than one Magic Band. Each band has a name and an ID number, and has to be associated to an individual in the MDE account.

So, in theory, they should only be able to open the door to the room associated with their name. But, if the rooms were booked together as one big MYW package, all bands will probably open both doors.

Tom

Beta Return
There's eight different names managed by me, and each one has a magicband. So I should be all set?

In theory.

But since you obviously know all 8 people and are traveling together, why would it be bad if everyone can open both doors? Seems like a level of trust that should have been in place before vacationing together.

NYwdwfan

In February, I booked a room for my family (one confirmation number) and my parents booked a separate room (another confirmation number). Both were MYW packages. I entered both confirmation numbers into my MDE account so I could manage bands, make FP+ reservations, etc. since my parents are technologically deficient. The bands for my room would not open their door and vice versa (we checked).

Cesar R M

lets not forget that they might be allowed to spend money and charging it TO YOU (the main account)
you will be charged in the end of the trip of course.

Rob562

Yup.

And if there's anyone in your travelling party that wants to "take ownership" of their profile, you can click the "Invite to Plan and Share" button next to their name in your Friends & Family list. Fill in their email address and as soon as they accept it everything you've set up for them will move over to their profile and be under their control. (They'll still show up as a Friend/Family, but their Band will disappear under your list of Bands and they will control it)

-Rob

Zbpolin

lets not forget that they might be allowed to spend money and charging it TO YOU (the main account)
you will be charged in the end of the trip of course.
Charging privileges are through the resort reservation, not MDE. You can control who can charge to your credit card at check-in, or put separate cards on file.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom