8/9-8/16/06

Hi All Forum Members! I'm not doing a full trip report since too much happened in this awesome trip. Some highlights/lowlights include:

Lowlight - while riding Crush 'n Gusher at TL, my right contact was washed out of my eye and I spent the rest of the trip with one contact. Luckily the left eye is the better one so there was very little inconvenience on my part.

Highlight 1 - 2 newbies on vacation with our group of 10 so it was fun watching them experience the magic for the first time.

Highlight 2 - my niece who previously was like the rest of us and mediocre on Buzz now consistently scores 400,000 + with her top score this trip over 700,000 (don't remember the exact number).

Highlight 3 - my cousin asked his girlfriend (one of the newbies) to marry him and she said "YES". It was Friday, 8/11/06 and my brother took my friend and I aside and said the Paul was planning on proposing that night and asked us for some help. While in the MK that morning, we separated ourselves from the group and purchased 2 champagne flutes (Mickey/Minnie) from the shop on Main Street and had them engraved with their names. We headed back to the Poly for a mid-day swim and to hide the glasses and champagne we had purchased. We all had a great day at the MK topped with a graduation celebration dinner for my niece and her friend at the castle. We watched Spectromagic from Frontierland then moved back to Tomorrowland for our FP for Buzz. Checking the time, my brother said we should move over to the Plaza Rose Garden to watch the fireworks. We found a spot and proceeded to watch for the moment. When Julie Andrews spoke the second time talking about wishes coming true, Paul whispered in Bre's ear, "You know what my wish is, to have Bre as my wife." He then dropped to one knee and said "Will you marry me?" Her first reaction was, "is this a joke?, are you serious?" When she saw the ring in his hand, her hand went to her mouth, she collapsed into his arms, crying and finally (it seemed like forever) said yes. Everyone near us started cheering. My brother was video-taping and friend was snapping pictures the whole time. After a round of congratulations, more pictures, and general merriment, telephone calls to parents, they went to ride Dumbo and we left for our Buzz FP. We joined up later since it was EMH and spent the rest of the night together in the MK. On the way back to the Poly, we told them about the glasses and that we had champagne waiting in the room. Back in the room we toasted and they went to the beach for some privacy. The next morning, my friend and I headed back to the MK and put together a photo album of the pics she had snapped the night before so they would have something to show the folks at home.

The rest of the trip was fun but a little anticlimatic after that point.

awwww how lovley is that- about the engagment! i nearly cryed!
glad to hear you had a good trip- this will be one you never forget:D
congrats to the "soon-to-be man and wife" :sohappy:
:wave:

Ciciwoowoo

Do you have any pictures of the happy moment to share with us? I would love to see them!

It sounds like such a wonderful vacation!

Nansafan

Original Poster
I don't have pictures yet but will soon. I did not bring a camera this year since my friend travelling with us is a professional photographer whose pictures put my attempts to shame. When she gets them transferred to disc, I will post a couple of the engagement.

disneypearl

Congrats to your cousin! That is a wonderful story and they will adore that moment forever. How beautiful and sweet. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom