7DMT FastPass+

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
So, on Monday, I was 30 days out from my visit to magic kingdom. Tried to get fastpass reservations, but 7dmt was not available (only 1 slot at 10:30 at night!!) - is this a regular occurrence? Any chance of me getting a daytime reservation? Have you been able to get a 7dmt reservation 30 days out??

Really want to ride - but don't fancy the long queues...

cw1982

Best advice I can give you is keep checking. Try checking once or twice a day until your trip. As people change their plans around, times will likely open up. Good luck!

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Best advice I can give you is keep checking. Try checking once or twice a day until your trip. As people change their plans around, times will likely open up. Good luck!
Take whatever time they give you, then check daily for more favorable times and change. Much easier that way.
Thanks for the replies! I will book 7DMT for the next day we are at Magic Kingdom, and try to get the time down to when I want... Would it help waking up for when the days FP+ open up? Would I be more likely to get a reservation for a time I want??

cw1982

Thanks for the replies! I will book 7DMT for the next day we are at Magic Kingdom, and try to get the time down to when I want... Would it help waking up for when the days FP+ open up? Would I be more likely to get a reservation for a time I want??

There's not really a "best" time of day to check for openings honestly. The best thing to do, IMO, is to just take minute and check back whenever you happen to think about it. Odds are that if you're checking once or twice a day, something will pan out. Just be persistent.

rt06

There's no really good time to check. I booked my vacation under the 30 day mark, snagged a 7D 11PM FP, fretted for a bit, got it down to the afternoon the next day. That's pretty much how it went for all my FPs: book, check, change times. I'd say with a week to go, you're pretty much stuck (7D wise) without a little luck. There doesn't appear to be any chance of modifying 7D once your vacation starts. Whatever you do, do not cancel or switch for another ride. The standby is absurd.

And if it makes you feel any better, that 7D FP was slotted for July 3rd, which also happened to have EMH, and is one of the more chaotic days on the Disney calendar.

Last edited:

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
There's no really good time to check. I booked my vacation under the 30 day mark, snagged a 7D 11PM FP, fretted for a bit, got it down to the afternoon the next day. That's pretty much how it went for all my FPs: book, check, change times. I'd say with a week to go, you're pretty much stuck (7D wise) without a little luck. There doesn't appear to be any chance of modifying 7D once your vacation starts. Whatever you do, do not cancel or switch for another ride. The standby is absurd.

And if it makes you feel any better, that 7D FP was slotted for July 3rd, which also happened to have EMH, and is one of the more chaotic days on the Disney calendar.
OK - When I plan my next Magic Kingdom day, I will try to book a 7DMT FP+ no matter what the return time is. Then change it later. What are the queues like for 7DMT at park opening??

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Madness! Folks that weren't heading to Anna and Elsa were moving rapidly to 7DMT. And the ride seems to have mechanical issues first thing in the morning and doesn't always open right away (happened to us all 4 mornings on our trip in June) so the line gets really long.
Oh dear - thanks for letting me know!! Mechanical issues already?!? Its only been open for a matter of weeks!
I'm not holding out much help for riding 7DMT without much queue!!!

rt06

OK - When I plan my next Magic Kingdom day, I will try to book a 7DMT FP+ no matter what the return time is. Then change it later. What are the queues like for 7DMT at park opening??

Wait, wait, wait... YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET?

If you want to do opening, expect to be at rope drop an hour prior, right entrance. Don't bother with the steam train show, stand right behind the rope. The CMs slowly lead the crowds to A&E (left of hub, through castle, around carousel) and 7D (right of hub, second bridge), which is why you want to be right, to avoid the crossover. I was there bright and early for A&E and probably waited about 20 min on standby. Try to approach the morning with a zen like attitude as the pushing and cutting gets really, really annoying. Had a couple of families and a few individuals cut standby with the same story, "My so-and-so is up front." I don't know why CMs allow this to happen while telling me my party must be together. Any fool can see someone weaving through the line.

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Wait, wait, wait... YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET?

If you want to do opening, expect to be at rope drop an hour prior, right entrance. Don't bother with the steam train show, stand right behind the rope. The CMs slowly lead the crowds to A&E (left of hub, through castle, around carousel) and 7D (right of hub, second bridge), which is why you want to be right, to avoid the crossover. I was there bright and early for A&E and probably waited about 20 min on standby. Try to approach the morning with a zen like attitude as the pushing and cutting gets really, really annoying. Had a couple of families and a few individuals cut standby with the same story, "My so-and-so is up front." I don't know why CMs allow this to happen while telling me my party must be together. Any fool can see someone weaving through the line.
No, I haven't been since 7DMT was opened. Really really want to ride it - it looks great!

Not interested in A&E at all, only 7DMT. We usually get to the park 30 minutes before opening in any case. Is there any other times of the day when the queues are not mad? I would assume it is mad all day long??

rt06

No, I haven't been since 7DMT was opened. Really really want to ride it - it looks great!

Not interested in A&E at all, only 7DMT. We usually get to the park 30 minutes before opening in any case. Is there any other times of the day when the queues are not mad? I would assume it is mad all day long??

Noooo... I mean get the FP! Do it now! Take whatever time and change!

And yes, the ride goes down often, if not daily. Both times while I was at MK. Lot's of unhappy people. It's a one and done ride and not worth it without the FP IMO.

Last edited:

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster

And yes, the ride goes down often, if not daily. Both times while I was at MK. Lot's of unhappy people. It's a one and done ride and not worth it without the FP in IMO.
Don't worry, I'll try to get a fastpass!! Nothing available for 7dmt at the moment - will keep an eye, and get one, or change one of my others for our first day...

rt06

Don't worry, I'll try to get a fastpass!! Nothing available for 7dmt at the moment - will keep an eye, and get one, or change one of my others for our first day...

Oohh.. If you already have one, that's fine. For some reason, I also couldn't get another one for another day. It's as though Disney allows only one per vacay without disclosing this.

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
Oohh.. If you already have one, that's fine. For some reason, I also couldn't get another one for another day. It's as though Disney allows only one per vacay without disclosing this.
I haven't got one yet! Still trying!! I wouldn't be surprised if they do limit it to one 7dmt FP per vacation...

WDWFantasmicFan

Original Poster
I've just planned an evening at the magic kingdom, and still no 7DMT avalible - it just says 'standby only'... Nothing avalible for the mine train at all - not even really late at night!

cw1982

I've just planned an evening at the magic kingdom, and still no 7DMT avalible - it just says 'standby only'... Nothing avalible for the mine train at all - not even really late at night!

Keep trying. If you can, try to log in and look a couple of times a day or so. People will change their fastpasses as their dining plans get shifted (they'll suddenly be able to snag hard-to-get ADR's when other people cancel), so it's really random, but it does happen. Don't give up!

belledream

I haven't got one yet! Still trying!! I wouldn't be surprised if they do limit it to one 7dmt FP per vacation...
I got 7DMT FP+s for multiple days. 'Supply' is actually probably just limited during your vacation dates. Booking from 60 days out, I would think that you'd have better luck with availability during the end of your trip because there's a chance other people's vacations that started before don't haven't reached that. 30 days...not so sure how that'd work.

DisneyCane

And yes, the ride goes down often, if not daily. Both times while I was at MK. Lot's of unhappy people. It's a one and done ride and not worth it without the FP IMO.

Agree. This ride is not worth stressing over. It is an OK ride with one well done scene. It is way too short to be worth waiting over 30 minutes to ride. Although higher quality workmanship and with slightly more thrill factor, it isn't much more enjoyable than Snow White's Scary Adventure was. Especially considering SWSA was usually 20 minutes or less wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom