7D -- "Hip" Seven Dwarfs

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Original Poster
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/kelly-osbourne-leads-voice-cast-693299

http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/disney-re-imagines-the-7-dwarfs-as-hip-in-new-cartoon-series-7d/

7d-600x588.jpg

Discuss

FigmentJedi

Gah.

Looks like Nickelodeon-style crap.
Actually a little closer to home then that: Same artist who did Fish Hooks and also that crappy Canadian Flash show Almost Naked Animals.

I miss when the idea they had for a Seven Dwarfs spinoff was a sweet LOTR inspired adventure franchise expanding on dwarf lore including a movie delving into the background of the dwarfs, Evil queen and magic mirror and a distantly set prequel video game by Obsidian in which the ancestors of the dwarfs help a young prince on his quest for redemption after demons tricked him into stabbing his mother to death in the opening sequence.

Sped2424

Even if it's separate from Snow white and the seven dwarfs for a company that has had a lot of it's history built upon that film it's a rather odd move to move away from the original blueprint. Sends a weird message, but I will wait and see to judge this one.

Matt_Black

Even if it's separate from Snow white and the seven dwarfs for a company that has had a lot of it's history built upon that film it's a rather odd move to move away from the original blueprint. Sends a weird message, but I will wait and see to judge this one.

Well, they've already done that to a degree with Once Upon a Time, and that's been successful.

Sped2424

The Mickey Mouse in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is different from the one in the current series of shorts.
Both aren't that far from his animated roots, where as this is a completely different animated style/universe that isn't traced to anything by the company.

Matt_Black

Both aren't that far from his animated roots, where as this is a completely different animated style/universe that isn't traced to anything by the company.

Well, that's good, isn't it? They can do whatever- if it stinks, it's easily distanced from the "actual" franchise. If it somehow becomes popular, well, they've got another franchise, and they might even do a crossover episode, or something. (When Dwarfs Collide... Actually, I like the sound of that!)

NMBC1993

Actually a little closer to home then that: Same artist who did Fish Hooks and also that crappy Canadian Flash show Almost Naked Animals.

I was thinking the same thing. Although to me it looks more like the art used on Gravity Falls, almost the exact same style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom