700 Year Old Hidden Mickey

goofyguy

Original Poster
http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/11/15/offbeat.malta.fresco/index.html

Medieval Mickey Mouse?
Friday, November 15, 2002 Posted: 9:23 AM EST (1423 GMT)

KLAGENFURT, Austria -- Restoration work on an Austrian church has uncovered a 700-year-old fresco that some say bears a striking resemblance to Mickey Mouse.

The "medieval Mickey" is one of a group of animals and mythical creatures surrounding St Christopher on the exterior of a church in the village of Malta in the province of Carinthia.

Christopher, the patron saint of travellers, is shown standing in a river.

Art historian Eduard Mahlknecht said the mouse-like creature could be beaver or a weasel.

The fresco dates from around 1300, Mahlknecht said.

Malta's mayor, Hans Peter Schaar, joked that "perhaps Hollywood could become our partner city."

-- CNN.de contributed to this report

SirNim

Bah, humbug! Good old Walt didn't use his telepathy to transcend time barriers and lots of rocks and dust to steal this weasel from Austria. :hammer: And just where are the pants and the suspender buttons? A certain old rabbit who was swindled from Disney before Walt came up with Mickey looks more like Mickey than this thing. Impressive find, however, I must say. But I'm not booking passage to Vienna, as much as I would like to go to Europe! :lol:

Henning

The scary part is I can see this happening.

Won´t happen, don´t expect to much from the European legal systems.

Plus, Disney has the better lawyer´s....

:lol:

Greetings from Germany,

-Henning

Henning

Guten tag! (SP?)

Guten Tag!

...well, if Mickey is a native Austrian, you should better all learn a few words of German for your next character meet and greet!

:lol:

Nice start, testtrack!

-Henning

MicBat

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
They're probably drawing up the papers as we speak !!

And we're going to see pictures of a REALLY old man laying in a bed that died 2 years ago next to the stone! :lol:

MicBat

The Mickey in the pic reminds me of the people that dressed as Mickey back in the 20's (part of the fan club, or something)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom