7 Dwarves MT, and question about "bumpy rides"

J_Carioca

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me how smooth the ride is on Seven Dwarves Mine Train? I have a migraine/inner ear disorder that can be triggered by motion and I find bumpy rides the worst, so I'm trying to get a sense of what the motion experience is like. I had a lot of trouble on Thunder Mountain last time I rode it (about 2 years ago).

Any other comments on particularly rough rides?

Tom

Beta Return
It's the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden. It has a couple quick changes of direction, and the usual swift braking sections that all coasters have, but it's not bumpy and doesn't thrash you around at all.

wdwjmp239

It's the smoothest coaster I've ever ridden. It has a couple quick changes of direction, and the usual swift braking sections that all coasters have, but it's not bumpy and doesn't thrash you around at all.

I rode the "Mine Ride" a couple of weeks ago and to echo Tom's sentiments, YES! It is the smoothest of smoothest rides. I loved it! :)

wdwjmp239

In regards to bumpy rides? I would stay away from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Space Mountain? That's pretty smooth, though, the last time I went on it was back in 2005. Unfortunately, I can't do Space Mountain anymore because of the post-ride nausea thing (not sure what happened there, but this is the only ride I get sick from an hour or so after riding it).

Two attractions at Animal Kingdom you may want to steer clear of: Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Just my two cents.

ratherbeinwdw

I had a ruptured disk repaired, but it could not be totally corrected, so I have to be extremely careful with rides that jerk side to side or stop/start quickly. I can still do Kali. There's really only one spot that causes me any discomfort and that's at the end when you bump into the sides and people in front of you. As long as I know it's coming, I can be prepared. I've been able to do it without hurting my back. Space Mountain is an absolute no for me. One side is worse than the other. It even bothers my 19 year old when she's on that side. Her neck hurt for quite a while after getting off a couple of trips ago. I can do Splash with no problem. The water at the drop keeps things fairly smooth. I can do KS now. When they were doing that chase the poachers scenario, I had to stop riding it, but now I can ride again. 7DMT is smooth, but the way it swings out did bother me. I won't be doing it anymore either. I didn't do TT after my surgery for fear of the braking and the curvy track, but I tried it last trip and was able to do it without a problem. However, I do these rides knowing how to lean or brace which keeps me fairly safe. My daughter rode with me and warned me when anything that might bother me was coming up. Actually, one of the worst rides for jerking is TSMM. I am still able to do it. Just be aware that it does jerk quite a bit.

J_Carioca

Original Poster
Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear. I am now officially looking forward to 7DMT.

Kali doesn't bother me at all and Kilimanjaro doesn't really either. And I find Splash Mountain to be very smooth. Sadly, I think that BTM and SM may have seen the last of me. Twilight Zone and Rock N Roller Coaster are totally out of the question.

TheMouseFan

Can anyone tell me how smooth the ride is on Seven Dwarves Mine Train? I have a migraine/inner ear disorder that can be triggered by motion and I find bumpy rides the worst, so I'm trying to get a sense of what the motion experience is like. I had a lot of trouble on Thunder Mountain last time I rode it (about 2 years ago).

Any other comments on particularly rough rides?
I have heard that riding in the front of SDMT is much smoother than the back.

wdwjmp239

Thanks! Just what I wanted to hear. I am now officially looking forward to 7DMT.

Kali doesn't bother me at all and Kilimanjaro doesn't really either. And I find Splash Mountain to be very smooth. Sadly, I think that BTM and SM may have seen the last of me. Twilight Zone and Rock N Roller Coaster are totally out of the question.

Tower of Terror and Rock & Roller Coaster killed me. I remember going on these and then having to go back to the hotel because I just didn't feel well. The bus ride going back was bumpy enough to give me a few "close calls."

Ever since I avoided those rides, I've been fine. But, I don't think you'll be disappointed in the 7DMT ride. Smooth as anything. I've actually done 7DMT and Goofy's Barnstormer back to back with my kids and had no problems, except with the arguments about who was going to sit with daddy. LOL!

wdwjmp239

I had a ruptured disk repaired, but it could not be totally corrected, so I have to be extremely careful with rides that jerk side to side or stop/start quickly. I can still do Kali. There's really only one spot that causes me any discomfort and that's at the end when you bump into the sides and people in front of you. As long as I know it's coming, I can be prepared. I've been able to do it without hurting my back. Space Mountain is an absolute no for me. One side is worse than the other. It even bothers my 19 year old when she's on that side. Her neck hurt for quite a while after getting off a couple of trips ago. I can do Splash with no problem. The water at the drop keeps things fairly smooth. I can do KS now. When they were doing that chase the poachers scenario, I had to stop riding it, but now I can ride again. 7DMT is smooth, but the way it swings out did bother me. I won't be doing it anymore either. I didn't do TT after my surgery for fear of the braking and the curvy track, but I tried it last trip and was able to do it without a problem. However, I do these rides knowing how to lean or brace which keeps me fairly safe. My daughter rode with me and warned me when anything that might bother me was coming up. Actually, one of the worst rides for jerking is TSMM. I am still able to do it. Just be aware that it does jerk quite a bit.

TT has a tendency to be herky-jerky in the curvy track scene indoors and when you swerve around the big rig truck.

TheMouseFan

I sat in the front seat and it's awesome! You see everything! Every drop, turn, bank, dip, etc (well...not really "etc" - no loops) ;) Great experience! :)
My son and I did too! We loved it! I haven't experienced sitting in the back, but I have heard it is a totally different experience!

EpcoTim

In regards to bumpy rides? I would stay away from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Space Mountain? That's pretty smooth, though, the last time I went on it was back in 2005. Unfortunately, I can't do Space Mountain anymore because of the post-ride nausea thing (not sure what happened there, but this is the only ride I get sick from an hour or so after riding it).

Two attractions at Animal Kingdom you may want to steer clear of: Kali River Rapids and Kilimanjaro Safaris. Just my two cents.

Space Mountain and 'smooth' have no business being in the same sentence.

bethymouse

Space Mountain id definitely a very bumpy ride! Big Thunder not as much if you ride in the middle. Test Track is rough at times. Do not ride Dinosaur! That's the bumpiest ride ever!:D

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have never been on Everest! Similar to 7DMT or a little more intense?
ALOT MORE INTENSE!! My DH loves it but it has some pretty steep drops! It is the scariest coaster on Disney property in my opinion. I can ride all the other coasters but the drops on this one I hated! Just like TOT I rode in 98' and will never ride again because it's a drop ride! I do not get motion sickness but I have a major fear of hights and drops. Loops do not bother me either. No big drops!! :arghh:

Janna Moss

ALOT MORE INTENSE!! My DH loves it but it has some pretty steep drops! It is the scariest coaster on Disney property in my opinion. I can ride all the other coasters but the drops on this one I hated! Just like TOT I rode in 98' and will never ride again because it's a drop ride! I do not get motion sickness but I have a major fear of hights and drops. Loops do not bother me either. No big drops!! :arghh:

So are there drops on 7DMT? I can't do drops, and we are heading to WDW in February. I am dying to see the inside of the mine while on the ride, but really dreading any kind of big drop.

HatboxGhost

We rode the Mine Ride last week and it was very smooth unlike Space Mountain that bounced us pretty bad the last time we rode it. I hear the one in Disneyland is alot smoother.

DisneyGirl3820

So are there drops on 7DMT? I can't do drops, and we are heading to WDW in February. I am dying to see the inside of the mine while on the ride, but really dreading any kind of big drop.

I am with you--can't do drops. I had asked this on the board a while back and no one mentioned drops. Maybe spirals like BTM, but drops? Can someone confirm this? I might not be so eager now to get FAstpass for this ride!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom