7/4 trip report (DAK, MK fireworks, Epcot Fireworks)

I went to DAK, Epcot, and MK on 7/4...

I wont go in to too many details, just that I was fast enough to see the fireworks at MK and Epcot.

The Epcot show IMO was much better....it was the full Illumications show followed by a tribute to America....they also had cool American landmarks displayed on SSE.

The music that was played prior to the show was great...not the usual music, but VERY COOL.

I watched the MK show from the Poly, which was nice, as I could see the fireworks lauched from the park and the Seven Seas Lagoon. I could not hear the music to well, except that it was the usual FitS music that I remember.

I hit DAK from 4:30ish until 5:30ish, and at 4:30 the park was being vacated by most guests...a storm was coming and the parade was done...I got to rde Dinosaur and KS....I think the best time to ride KS is right before a storm, as the animals get a little ansy.

I went back to MK after the 10pm fireworks at Epcot, and the park was also being vacated by many...the monorail station and boat docks were PACKED like I have never seen them packed before.

I posted some pictures in My gallery of the fireworks, the special lighting on Cinderella Castle, and a photo update of EE.

My Gallery

Take care!

TimeTrip

speck76 said:
I went to DAK, Epcot, and MK on 7/4...
I watched the MK show from the Poly, which was nice, as I could see the fireworks lauched from the park and the Seven Seas Lagoon. I could not hear the music to well, except that it was the usual FitS music that I remember.

Thats strange, from within the MK they were only playing patriotic music. I think it was three songs, one being grand ole flag (i think), and the last definitely being the star spangled banner. You know.. come to think of it, I'm not sure I even remember seeing tinkerbell do her flight..

speck76

Original Poster
I parked at Epcot, like always, and took the Monorail to TTC...then took the walkway to the Poly.

I could faintly hear the music, I think it was coming from some boats by the TTC that were loaded with people (I am not sure what these boats were for, the it sounds like they were having a great time...the boats also got a showing of EWP in the middle of the lagoon prior to the fireworks). All I heard was the old into to FitS, and after that the show was too loud to hear any more music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom