6 rejected Disney theme park rides

copcarguyp71

6. **** Tracy's CrimestoppersIn what would have become one of the park's first interactive rides, Disney-MGM Studios based an attraction on the film adaptation of the comic strip **** Tracy. Guests would have been taken through the gritty, crime-riddled streets of Chicago, where they would shoot it out with gangsters and members of Big Boy Caprice's oddball collection of henchmen. Unfortunately, **** Tracy performed poorly at the box office, and a planned sequel never materialized, so Disney had no real reason to build the ride.

Phallic Tracy....LOL. This silliness always makes me laugh when I have to do a double take to see what is being said. I wonder what the full list of words not to be spoken is...of course if the list was listed it would be a whole page of asterisks.

jbeachboy

Phallic Tracy....LOL. This silliness always makes me laugh when I have to do a double take to see what is being said. I wonder what the full list of words not to be spoken is...of course if the list was listed it would be a whole page of asterisks.

are people not allowed to see mr tracys name? was it to be like buzz light year ranger?

Princess Leia

I think my favorite thing to be censored on this site is The Actor Who Played Bert in 'Mary Poppins'. 8/11 letters in his name are censored. :facepalm:

Fox&Hound

Imagine if these had been built. Sadly Mel Brooks' popularity has waned since his Blazing Saddles days, Tracy is a forgotten cultural blip, and Roger Rabbit and co were short-lived too. Of all of those proposed ideas, it sounds like Muppets would have stood the test of time and maybe a snow queen ride- that would have quickly been changed to Frozen. As much as people harp on WDW for taking forever to pull the trigger and add popular IP to the park (Mermaid, Star Wars) all of these ideas show why sometimes caution is a good thing.....

jbeachboy

Imagine if these had been built. Sadly Mel Brooks' popularity has waned since his Blazing Saddles days, Tracy is a forgotten cultural blip, and Roger Rabbit and co were short-lived too. Of all of those proposed ideas, it sounds like Muppets would have stood the test of time and maybe a snow queen ride- that would have quickly been changed to Frozen. As much as people harp on WDW for taking forever to pull the trigger and add popular IP to the park (Mermaid, Star Wars) all of these ideas show why sometimes caution is a good thing.....

were those cancelled due to budget cuts or other?

Sonic Sunglasses

When you get right down to it, the Detective Tracy comics had lost nearly all traction by the mid-70s. Nobody cared anymore about Diet Smith or Vitamin Flintheart or Flattop or Pruneface,Tess Trueheart or the Moon Maid. Why they even bothered with a movie in 1990 is beyond me. Though I would have loved a "Blazing Saddles" theme park. I even have a Hedley Lamar t-shirt.

KraftServices

It took me too long to figure out that meant Mr. Tracy the PI and not a competing comic strip called "four asterisks Tracy".

FettFan

Roger Rabbit's Toontown.

One "land" in DHS would have been dedicated as Toontown
Toon_Town_Street.jpg

and would have hosted Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin (which was built at Disneyland), Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy, and a motion simulator called Toontown Trolley.
Toontown%2BTrolley.jpg

The idea eventually was scrapped, with only the Acme Warehouse being built as a gift shop (which stands today in truncated form outside, pretty much selling Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars crap), but was then regenerated Dr. Who style into the more comfy, cuddly Mickey's Toontown Fair.

Three and a half years after posting this, the Acme Warehouse gift shop is now gone forever, demolished to make way for Star Wars. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom