6 days 'til check in...a couple of ?s

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
So I just finished the "Want to skip the front desk?" online check in on MDE.
It stated: "You're all set"
No room # is provided.
When will I and how will I learn of the room # ? (We will be in a standard room @ Pop Century /check in Tues. 11/4)

DisneyGigi

No room # is provided.
When will I and how will I learn of the room # ? (We will be in a standard room @ Pop Century /check in Tues. 11/4)
They will text you when the room is ready, with number but if I were you, I would still go to the desk. We usually do and usually get to check in way early. Not only that-but have gotten upgraded either to preferred Or waterview, and this past September to a King Jr Suite at Coronado. Not that always happens, we were blown away, but a person has to decide to spread that pixie dust. Anytime we did just online check in our rooms were not ready early. (We get there like 7:00 am)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
They will text you when the room is ready, with number but if I were you, I would still go to the desk. We usually do and usually get to check in way early. Not only that but have gotten upgraded either to preferred Or waterview, and this past September to a King Jr Suite at Coronado. Not that always happens, we were blown away, but a person has to decide to spread that pixie dust. Anytime we did just online check in our rooms were not ready early. (We get there like 7:00 am)
I gave you a "like" because I LIKE your desire to be helpful ;)
Yet we are arriving to Disney property this Tues. night at 9PM. We will have traveled 6 hours and 45 minutes from Pensacola. We would like to go directly to our Pop Century Room. So....I'll get a TEXT that same day?

DisneyGigi

Yet we are arriving to Disney property this Tues. night at 9PM. We will have traveled 6 hours and 45 minutes from Pensacola. We would like to go directly to our Pop Century Room. So....I'll get a TEXT that same day?
Yes- you will get a text, well before your 9:00 pm arrival time. On the day you check in. We drive at night, and it is about 8 1/2 hours so know how it is to want to go to a room. :) That is why we go to the desk, with such an early arrival.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And every once in a blue moon they ooops and a text doesn't come through for room ready. An upside to going through the online check in is they do manually reset your magic bands to make sure everybody in the room magic bands actually open the door. We've had that problem and I believe @Tuvalu has had recent problems with some of her MBs too. Out of our family mine work, sons work but DD had half of her MB on MDE suddenly go dormant, found to be deactivated somehow but not by us. :cautious:

On the slight chance it happens Pop has a huge parking area up front of the lobby. Park there temporarily and check in up front and then move car near your assigned area. The lobby isn't normally crowded at that time of night. That part I speak from experience as I checked into that resort 3 different times in 4 days in May!!! (flights kept getting cancelled due to mega thunderstorms) But hey I did get to ride the Tragical Express 3 times from Pop to MCO in 4 days before I sadly returned home.)

Have a great time. Godspeed

Maeryk

And every once in a blue moon they ooops and a text doesn't come through for room ready. An upside to going through the online check in is they do manually reset your magic bands to make sure everybody in the room magic bands actually open the door. We've had that problem and I believe @Tuvalu has had recent problems with some of her MBs too. Out of our family mine work, sons work but DD had half of her MB on MDE suddenly go dormant, found to be deactivated somehow but not by us. :cautious:

On the slight chance it happens Pop has a huge parking area up front of the lobby. Park there temporarily and check in up front and then move car near your assigned area. The lobby isn't normally crowded at that time of night. That part I speak from experience as I checked into that resort 3 different times in 4 days in May!!! (flights kept getting cancelled due to mega thunderstorms) But hey I did get to ride the Tragical Express 3 times from Pop to MCO in 4 days before I sadly returned home.)

Gotta love that immediate bounceback from MCO.

bus driver: "So, when were you last here?"

Us: "About four hours ago."

Nottamus

We drive from NJ straight through to Yulee (Jacksonville) then head out in the am for Disney. I always pick a 9am arrival time, even though we get there 9:30 - 10am. That way I'm sure to get the text early that the room is ready or not. (usually not)
So we drive up, put all our stuff at Bell services, park, and head to the parks and wait for text...which usually happens about 11-12noon that the room is ready.

have fun

ninjaprincesst

Also even though we always got the text before we arrived there always seemed to be a problem with the charging privlages being activated so we end up having to go to the desk anyway.

correcaminos

You should be able to. I want to say it that way because it doesn't always work for me. I think the last time I got a room ready text was in 2015 (this is going a couple times a year usually). I've even tried removing bands and for some dumb reason I don't get a text or e-mail until I stop at the front desk. No joke, I get the notification the moment someone at the front desk pulls my info up.

So while you should, if you don't get a message, check your app to see if a room number is listed, and if not there stop by quickly on your way to the room. Never takes us long when we have had to stop by.

Disneyfreak Jen

No room # is provided.

Many times I’ve received the text before 9am while I’m still waiting for ME. Other times it can be late morning or early afternoon. I always put 9am arrival even though I get to my resort around 10.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Many times I’ve received the text before 9am while I’m still waiting for ME. Other times it can be late morning or early afternoon. I always put 9am arrival even though I get to my resort around 10.
You're lucky. Twice in the last 3 visits we never got the room text and had to go to the desk to see what rooms we were in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom