5th Gate

bdearl41

Original Poster
If Disney were to create a 5th gate, what should be the theme of it? I personally think they have three really good options, and obvioulsy the land. My first pick would be a park themed on the United States, based on hisory/regions of the States, second I would pick Disney Sea or a variation of, and finally 3rd i would suggest a park based on just history in general (ex: ancient greece, eygpt, china, current america, dark age Europe, etc.) What would you like to see from a 5th gate?

JWG

Let me in first:
-Villans
-Boutique park - high end, high cost, low crowds
-Disney Sea
-Thrill park
-Star Wars themed park

Florida_is_hot

History ? They can call it Delos, features the next generation animatronics.

Westworld, MidevilWorld, RomanWorld...... watch that gunslinger.

CinematicFusion

It starts to make since once you factor in all three remaining parks need at least 500 million for some sort of refurb or expansion.
If your going to spend 1.5 billion, your ROI might be higher opening a 5th gate.
It would have a bunch of positives..the negative is the other parks continue to get no love.

But, where does Disney get its most bang for its buck. Major refurbs for each park or new gate?
I think in the end Disney stays on its slow pace course and adds something every 4 years.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Since they seem to have trouble creating NEW (not copied) attractions, build a park with all the great rides they have gotten rid of - i.e: Horizons, Body Wars, Mr. Toads wild ride, 20,000 Leagues, etc. Call it Misfit Island or Return of the Legends or something like that. Great topic but why is it in "news and rumors".

lazyboy97o

The Magic Kingdom is supposed to be a reflection of America. Disneyland was dedicated to the "ideals and hard facts that created America", not the biggest animated children's brands.

It starts to make since once you factor in all three remaining parks need at least 500 million for some sort of refurb or expansion.
If your going to spend 1.5 billion, your ROI might be higher opening a 5th gate.
It would have a bunch of positives..the negative is the other parks continue to get no love.

But, where does Disney get its most bang for its buck. Major refurbs for each park or new gate?
I think in the end Disney stays on its slow pace course and adds something every 4 years.
Except you'll just cannibalize attendance and spending at other parks while having a whole new infrastructure to maintain. This was shown with Disney's Animal Kingdom.

ChrisM

A park devoted to creating much needed attractions for the other 4 gates.

Maybe they can repurpose the space shuttle crawler to transport them to their intended destinations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom