5th gate

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
At this point, the goal is to have each park have at least enough to fill an entire day. With that said, if Iger says build a 5th gate, we build a 5th gate.

lilphil6487

anyone remember the quote by Walt Disney "As long as their is imagination left in the world, Disneyland will never be complete." this also applies to Disneyworld cause it was his creation even tho he didnt live to see it. so you never know. but i would still rather see the current parks get some attention before they build a 5th park

AEfx

I know what you guys mean by 5th gate, but why is it being called a 5th gate? wht not 5th park or something like that?

It's just the accepted industry terminology. I.E. another gate for them to collect money/tickets at. Using the term "park" would be confusing with all the sub-parks and other attractions at WDW.

Just like Everest is an E-ticket, yet WDW hasn't used tickets in decades.

AEfx

goalman43

5th Gate? Definitley.
When? Who knows

Disney keeps talking about wanting to expand in the US outside of Florida and California. They keep bringing up other smaller parks and resorts located around the country. I believe we'll see some of that materialize before we see another park open at WDW.

WEDisney

By the way, Im an insider, so don't tell Disney I said any of this! I don't want to lose my high paying job with a huge company, but hey, its worth it to be popular on an internet message board.

Ha with this being said we KNOW it would be fake. Disney does not have "high" paying jobs since Eisner left :p

wherewhy

I still don't get the level of debate that we are doing on these forums about petty things, I have no problem questioning a source, but this is the rumors section, frankly while I love to read about all things disney and I like to find out about all the changes made, Reading some the posts by our current "insider" has been a lot of fun for me, it is refreshing once in a while to talk about something other then the different textures of toilet paper in the WS versus MK. With all that said, like one of the previous posters said, if he's a fake, it will come out one day. For now, lets just have some fun... Thanks for listening to my little tantrum :)

do you think I could have used any more comma's

captcanada

Likely, one day, they'll have a 5th gate. One day.
Not likely for a LONGGGG time though.
I'm not even sure it's needed at this point.
What I'd REALLY like to see, is some sorta DisneyWorld-Canada.
Preferably really close to my home. Mmmm. Now THAT's a dream. :D

Xadllas

Well seeing how this year WDW has had a almost never ending high season, I would say if it keeps up they might need a Sixth gate (refering to Epcot's backdoor) to balance out the crowds. I'm all for the idea of an adaptation of a DisneySea park, but thats just my opinion.

Krozar

Disney can make the equivalent of the entirely new gate by:

• 1 new FW e-ticket, another C/D ticket, gut out Innoventions (leaving EU and FV) and bring back the light with a bright and very modern interior while showcasing awesome new stuff before market (i.e. like the Sony Store in the Ginza district of Tokyo), and then have FW open until 10pm!! 7pm is a joke. Then add a country to WS, and add a ride to a pre-existing pavilion. BTW, raze WOL, insert Horizons II. EPCOT Center: Sponsored by Seimens and Patrick Stewart!
  • Give Studios some coherent theming. Add an E-ticket to the backlot tour, have a gameshow or something else be filmed there, have some live ESPN sportscasting going on, another C/D ticket....win. A Lucasfilms section may not be a bad idea either.
  • Refurb MK attractions... currently being done :D Kill SGE. Either get rid of the speedway or bring in some electric UFO-ish cars.
  • BK in AK :D
WDW has enough parks and has EPCOT Center as well as DAK, something unique to all of Disney Parks. It would be nice to have a 5th gate to relieve some queue congestion in the present parks, but Disney has high expectations for turnouts AKA greed.

Xadllas

Disney can make the equivalent of the entirely new gate by:
  • 1 new FW e-ticket, another C/D ticket, gut out Innoventions (leaving EU and FV) and bring back the light with a bright and very modern interior while showcasing awesome new stuff before market (i.e. like the Sony Store in the Ginza district of Tokyo), and then have FW open until 10pm!! 7pm is a joke. Then add a country to WS, and add a ride to a pre-existing pavilion. BTW, raze WOL, insert Horizons II. EPCOT Center: Sponsored by Seimens and Patrick Stewart!
  • Give Studios some coherent theming. Add an E-ticket to the backlot tour, have a gameshow or something else be filmed there, have some live ESPN sportscasting going on, another C/D ticket....win. A Lucasfilms section may not be a bad idea either.
  • Refurb MK attractions... currently being done :D Kill SGE. Either get rid of the speedway or bring in some electric UFO-ish cars.
  • BK in AK :D
WDW has enough parks and has EPCOT Center as well as DAK, something unique to all of Disney Parks. It would be nice to have a 5th gate to relieve some queue congestion in the present parks, but Disney has high expectations for turnouts AKA greed.
I agree, I think they should put an updated version of Meet the World in Japan, it would be awesome (the original was). And I do think that MGM is long overdue for a expansion. But I do think a 5th park would be nice.

bauton

How about a 5th gate that is a DVC members only park?

You could take tours of all of the new DVC properties, and the DVC reps can try to sell you on more points!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom