52 in 52 week 50!

phllymouse

Original Poster
52 in 52 brings me to the year 2010.

In 2010 Disney brought out the quirky Alice In Wonderland; and the the pretty good Secretariat.
However my choice this year was between two animated movies.
The movie I turned down was Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 has the best last 10 minutes of a Disney (story wise) ever. At the same time, the movie as a whole, can come across as a little creepy. The day care is just odd. Trust me I am not hating on the movie. In fact if you saw last week I put this movie at number 4 on my PIXAR list. I do think that last 10 minutes helped it a lot. I would give it 4 1/2 out of 5 Mickeys, I do think that the other animated movie from 2010 was better.

I chose this week Tangled. Tangled is tells the story of Rapunzel. Rapunzel (Mandy Moore) after being kidnapped as a baby because of her magical hair by "Mother Gothel" (Donna Murphy) who keeps her in a tower. She is stumbled upon by Flynn Rider (Zachary Levi) a thief. She cuts a deal with him to help her out of the tower on her birthday. The adventure begins.
Wonderful voice work by Moore and Levi. Exceptional work by Murphy. Not as famous as the other two, but I have noted in the past..to make a film like this, the bad person has to be fully vested. She sure is..plus the song Momma Knows Best seems straight from a Broadway Musical. Just wonderful.
Speaking of music..I See The Light a wonderful song nominated for an Oscar. This song with the floating lanterns is gorgeous( I saw this in 3D, spectacular scene with the lanterns floating toward me). Another song I love is in the pub I Have A Dream. Great song..funny scene. Why it did not get an Oscar nod is beyond me. To be honest..how this movie did not get an Oscar nod is a crime.
Here is a song:

and another behind the scenes:

One quick thing..Mandy Moore must have great parents. Being a child star and then not pulling a Lohan. She seems to have her act together as an adult.

Here are some fun and not so fun facts:

45,000 lanterns were done for the lantern scene

Rapunzel has 100,000 strands of hair.

My week 50 is also another 50. Tangled is Disneys fiftieth animated feature.

Well you can see my love for Tangled. The look, the story, Director Nathan Greno and Byron Howard. Writer Dan Fogelman..just fantastic. The music.... again Menken. It all comes together for a 5 out of 5 Mickey movie.

2 weeks to go.

A quick editorial: As an adult sometimes I talk about my love of Disney and people look at me strange. I am sure other Disney loving adults out there get the same looks sometimes. After the tragedy that happened in Connecticut this week we are reminded again and much to often that there is evil in the world.It Reminds me that my love for Disney is a love of innocence and smiles and peace. Nothing to be ashamed of. I wish every town, every city, could all have the peace and the love that Disney at least trys to bring to us. In a cynical world there is nothing wrong with that. My thoughts and prayers are with the familys that were affected by the evil.

Thanks for your time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom