50th trip was a let down, Epcot & AK is not worth the money

Tay

So I decided to change my trip three weeks early for my trip to be there on the first. I should have just waited. While cheap, the hotel was gross. I also didn’t know the busses were that bad.

My last trip in July had me skeptical of going to this trip with the lack of safety measurements that were taking place but it’s improved. People didn’t have a problem wearing masks indoors.

I rode everything at Epcot but Mission Space. I would like to ride it someday. DHS was pretty cool. It’s definitely my favorite park. It’s pretty much the Disney version of USO to a T. I enjoyed the Frozen sing a long more than I thought I would.

I wanted October 1st merch but got there after noon and it was gone. I also wanted to see a big celebration of the 50th but didn’t. The low ride times sort of made up for it but I just did them back in July so it was like whatever. It was painful seeing people walk around with the merch.

FOP is probably my favorite ride ever but AK is so boring. I can’t believe it had in 2019, over 2 million more visitors than DHS and 1.5 million visitors over Epcot! It’s a zoo with 5 rides. Most zoos cost under $25.

Epcot is truly beautiful but going to Disney Springs and MK would have satisfied me. I have no idea what and why Harmonious was created. It was all over the place. Remy was fun. Wish I got to try a crepe.

If Disney brings back the midday tickets, I will definitely go back to all 4 but right now I can only see me going to MK and DHS and maybe Epcot for a festival without Covid lurking.

I had a decent time. It not raining all week was a bonus!

Mickey5150

Sorry it isn’t to me. Zero excuses! This is the 50th anniversary! There should’ve been a plan b in place. You mean to tell me they couldn’t do something with Stitch’s building at least in 2 years since Covid first came to light or found an old electric parade and repaired it? Universal built Transformers in a similar building in 13 months. They’ve opened 3 new coasters during the pandemic and now is back to building a new park. All they did was pout about their bonuses.
When a corporation like Disney loses out on multiple billion dollar movies over the course of 2 years they don't go throwing crazy amounts of money to celebrate a theme parks birthday. You seriously cannot ignore the fact that their movies are not making anywhere near the same money as they used to. Oh and there is also a global supply chain issue, a hiring issue, and a people are still dying issue.

Upvote 0

Tay

Original Poster
When a corporation like Disney loses out on multiple billion dollar movies over the course of 2 years they don't go throwing crazy amounts of money to celebrate a theme parks birthday. You seriously cannot ignore the fact that their movies are not making anywhere near the same money as they used to. Oh and there is also a global supply chain issue, a hiring issue, and a people are still dying issue.
First, please stop with the workers shortage crap. There isn’t a workers shortage. There’s a we want to be paid a living wage boycott. This is the disadvantage of being a monopoly. Just like the average Joe was told they should have an emergency fund and backup plan so should corporations. Temporarily embarrassed millionaires are the worst.

Lol, you must work there to go there. I really hope you do to bring up deaths in a lighthearted thread to prove your point by defending a monopoly. An epic fail! Now Magic Kingdom is just a theme park? I honestly can’t with you people on here, a forum dedicated to Disney World. I’m sure repairing an old float would have really broke the bank and stopped Raya from flopping. None of those movies were going to make a billion.

I guess Fast and the Furious and the Minions weren’t supposed to come out as well. Meanwhile Universal built a roller coaster out of nowhere, fixed Hagrid’s and is almost done with Super Nintendo land in Hollywood, and working on a new park in Orlando and China despite it all. Disney needs to pick up its bootstraps and stop complaining.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Epcot can sure use some work but AK is a full day park for us, sometimes a day and a half. Between the ride, shows and walking paths, we always find something to do there. I'm sorry you didn't get any 50th merch. I have heard they will be restocking it for the full 18 month celebration though so you'll still be able to get some!

Upvote 0

Deanieb59

So I decided to change my trip three weeks early for my trip to be there on the first. I should have just waited. While cheap, the hotel was gross. I also didn’t know the busses were that bad.

My last trip in July had me skeptical of going to this trip with the lack of safety measurements that were taking place but it’s improved. People didn’t have a problem wearing masks indoors.

I rode everything at Epcot but Mission Space. I would like to ride it someday. DHS was pretty cool. It’s definitely my favorite park. It’s pretty much the Disney version of USO to a T. I enjoyed the Frozen sing a long more than I thought I would.

I wanted October 1st merch but got there after noon and it was gone. I also wanted to see a big celebration of the 50th but didn’t. The low ride times sort of made up for it but I just did them back in July so it was like whatever. It was painful seeing people walk around with the merch.

FOP is probably my favorite ride ever but AK is so boring. I can’t believe it had in 2019, over 2 million more visitors than DHS and 1.5 million visitors over Epcot! It’s a zoo with 5 rides. Most zoos cost under $25.

Epcot is truly beautiful but going to Disney Springs and MK would have satisfied me. I have no idea what and why Harmonious was created. It was all over the place. Remy was fun. Wish I got to try a crepe.

If Disney brings back the midday tickets, I will definitely go back to all 4 but right now I can only see me going to MK and DHS and maybe Epcot for a festival without Covid lurking.

I had a decent time. It not raining all week was a bonus!
You seem a bit negative.

Upvote 0

SSH

but...but..but...the frontierland shooting gallery is now FREE. So if nothing else, guests can now work off their frustration with a good old fashioned rifle.😁

Honestly, don't sweat the 50th merch. As others said, you'll be able to pick up whatever you want if you just sit tight for a bit. WDW never misses a chance to sell merch: they'll be flooding every store with the junk (whoops...I mean exclusive commemorative collectibles) for the next 18 months.

Anyone remember the Great Rose Gold Shortage frenzy?

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

but...but..but...the frontierland shooting gallery is now FREE. So if nothing else, guests can now work off their frustration with a good old fashioned rifle.😁

Honestly, don't sweat the 50th merch. As others said, you'll be able to pick up whatever you want if you just sit tight for a bit. WDW never misses a chance to sell merch: they'll be flooding every store with the junk (whoops...I mean exclusive commemorative collectibles) for the next 18 months.

Anyone remember the Great Rose Gold Shortage frenzy?
Hey look, they added a new target to the shooting gallery for the 50th:
1634328577447.png

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

First, please stop with the workers shortage crap. There isn’t a workers shortage. There’s a we want to be paid a living wage boycott. This is the disadvantage of being a monopoly. Just like the average Joe was told they should have an emergency fund and backup plan so should corporations. Temporarily embarrassed millionaires are the worst.

Lol, you must work there to go there. I really hope you do to bring up deaths in a lighthearted thread to prove your point by defending a monopoly. An epic fail! Now Magic Kingdom is just a theme park? I honestly can’t with you people on here, a forum dedicated to Disney World. I’m sure repairing an old float would have really broke the bank and stopped Raya from flopping. None of those movies were going to make a billion.

I guess Fast and the Furious and the Minions weren’t supposed to come out as well. Meanwhile Universal built a roller coaster out of nowhere, fixed Hagrid’s and is almost done with Super Nintendo land in Hollywood, and working on a new park in Orlando and China despite it all. Disney needs to pick up its bootstraps and stop complaining.
Black Widow, Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Shang-Chi, would all have been billion dollar movies if they were in packed theaters, and in just a few weeks we would be getting Thor. Only 2 of those movies have been released and combined they did not make $1 billion at the box office. And the Magic Kingdom is just a theme park

Upvote 0

JohnD

Most definitely don't want to look at the merchandise on Ebay. It is WAAAAAAAAY overpriced! Almost all of the WDW 50th celebration mercy will be available for 18 months so you will have time to get it eventually if you go back. :)

Agree. My philosophy is if I can't get it in a Disney park or a Disney store, such as ShopDisney or an outlet, I'm not meant to have it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom