50's Prime Time Servers?

ladydi

We went for the first time this past fall. Our server didn't give us a real hard time which was fine with us. But the food was horrible! Worst meal I've ever had in Disney world. Thank goodness our server didn't make us clean our plates.

heath.sneyd

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering how far they went, and this cleared it right up.
It sounds like a family-friendly "Dick's Last Resort"... and I LOVE to play along there!

HatboxGhost

I'll always remember going in 2012. My wife and I were talking about the presidential election, and our server overheard us. She asked if we were voting for Eisenhower or Stevenson. We got the biggest kick out of it, and I said "I like Ike." She nodded and then asked my son if he was going to eat his green beans or if she needed to feed them to him. I love 50's.
That is a perfect example of the CMs keeping it in 50's mode and that is why I love it there.

SDisney90

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering how far they went, and this cleared it right up.
It sounds like a family-friendly "****'s Last Resort"... and I LOVE to play along there!

That restaurant its a great time, haven't been there in about 5 years. They sure are a lot meaner there than 50's lol

heath.sneyd

That restaurant its a great time, haven't been there in about 5 years. They sure are a lot meaner there than 50's lol
Oh yeah, it gets right down NASTY there. And they love it when you play along with them... Until you one up them.
They found out I was a DJ, and the group I was with (MMA fighters) was taking their time deciding what they wanted. So our server gets on the microphone at the band stage and says to me "Hey music boy, your little premadonnas know what the h*ll they want to eat yet?", so I yelled back a few explicitives and half the place was rolling at my response. The staff loved it.

SeanWM48

we had a fun server who stayed in "character' throughout and made sure to take a few shots at me for elbows on the table or eating too fast, not eating enough veggies at first, etc. i was fine with it because i knew what i was getting into beforehand. it's kind of a show/experience as well as a meal. play along.

i can see how some people who are in a bad mood, maybe tired or something, might not like it.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is a must do for us as well, and we enjoy the interactions and antics, even if it is just the 2 of us. We have never had a server just be a normal server. We rib the server, so they know we are OK with it all. We have had an awesome time every time. I agree that if you don't want to play along, just let the server know right away.

materbuddy

So would they have actually brought you dessert before you finished them? Just curious to how seriously they take it. :p
They will bring your dessert but you may have a plate of peas with whipped cream first as a joke annd then bring your real dessert.

BuddyThomas

You can let them know at the front desk if you don't want to play and they usually wont mess with you. My thought is that one of the main reasons why someone like myself would go is BECAUSE I want to have fun and interact with the staff. If I didn't want that, I would just go to a "boring" restaurant like a Ruby Tuesday or Chilis.
Yeah, I agree. I don't know why somebody would come here just to say "I don't wanna play." That's like going to a golf course and saying "I don't wanna golf."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom