50's Prime Time or Sci-Fi Dine-In?

NEL

I would choose the Sci Fi. The theming is great, I usually dine there every trip. I dined once at 50's and did not like it at all. Although the food was good the waiter's antics was too muck for me. I don't consider myself an uptight person, and I actually enjoyed Wispering Canyon, but the waitres I got on my trip was just plain annoying. She kepy insisting I eat all my vegetables before she would take my plate away. It got to the point I put a napkin on top of my plate so she would stop. It was way too much.

paul436

I've eaten at both and would eat at either restaurant again without reservation. I prefer the 50's Prime Time Cafe. I like to server/diner interaction. But they seem to know who is more into that than others. So they leave those who are not enjoying it so much alone. They definitely didn't seem intrusive.

My vote would be to go to 50's Cafe. When everything else is even....go with the better menu/food.

plaz10

I would vote for Mama Melrose or a trip to the Boardwalk or even boat to EPCOT for a number of great meals.

But between the two...I'd go with 50s Prime Time. I've heard that waiters are pretty observant of those who want to be messed with and those who don't want to. I'm sure if you aren't really into it...they will be able to tell and ease up. The food is better and when it comes down to it that is really what you are paying for...to fill your belly with something yummy. :) hope this helps.

Royal Jelly

Burgers and sandwiches are very good

Yes the SFD has a weird menu, it really should be Drive in food, having said that the burgers are great and are only on the lunch menu but they will make you one if you ask. My wife said the Rueben is tops. I just love the SFD as I was a projectionist at a drive in as a young man. Make sure you get priority seating either way you go.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes the SFD has a weird menu, it really should be Drive in food, having said that the burgers are great and are only on the lunch menu but they will make you one if you ask. My wife said the Rueben is tops. I just love the SFD as I was a projectionist at a drive in as a young man. Make sure you get priority seating either way you go.

I can second that. The Rueben is one of the best items on the Sci-Fi menu, imo. :)

Tybee

Original Poster
I would vote for Mama Melrose or a trip to the Boardwalk or even boat to EPCOT for a number of great meals.

Don't worry. We're on the Deluxe DDP and have many ADRs at Epcot. This is just one particular lunch we're trying to navigate.

I haven't actually counted but it sure seems like the opinions are split almost exactly down the middle. Not making this easier, folks! ;)

NMBC1993

My vote goes to Sci-fi, I went there last year and had a great time. The [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spinach and Artichoke Dip for Two[/FONT] is amazing and the club sandwich I had was descent, but what really made the visit great was of course the theme. If you do decide to go make sure to try a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marsha's Martian[/FONT], it's out of this world..pun intended:wave:

Mouse Man

The Sci-Fi theater is a great place for lunch. The Burgers, Shakes, Cherry Cokes, onion rings and fries are great. The atmosphere is great with that old fashioned drive in movie feel. Now as I said the Sci-Fi is a great lunch stop and not dinner. Now if your up for Burgers and fries at dinner time then I highly reccomend it. If your up for a nice sit down propper dinner then both of your choice honestly are out of the question. Teppan Edo or The Grande Floridian Cafe is the ticket.

dzlandSr

So at the sci-fi I see that they have a burger on the lunch menu but not the dinner menu. Would you still be able to order a burger during the dinner hour? (not sure how strict they are to keeping to what's on the lunch or dinner menus)

LisaG23

well i would definately pick 50's prime time......the food is great (in my opinion). The antics are fun but not necessarily over the top....but also i have been to sci-fi 3 times in the last 3 yrs and have gotten sick twice. that was more than enough to nail the door shut on that one for me. andi wasnt the only one......my DH and my FIL both got sick as well.....just FYI. but the atmosphere is good at both but im a 50's PT girl!!!!!

Foolish Mortal

- Con: Not fans of the Whispering Canyon-style yuk-yuk server antics which seem to be part of the experience here.

This statement alone makes this a no brainer question, Sci-Fi HAS to be your choice. I've only done Prime Time once and our sever was awesome. Had us laughing the whole time. As were every table I could see. If you don't care for the server interaction you will not like 50's.

DisneyChik17

I always recommend Sci-Fi. I love the atmosphere and actually enjoy the food. They have the BEST milkshakes there too. I am not a fan of the server antic at Prime Time, I do however, like Whispering Canyon.

Also, maybe you could try Mama Melrose. I love that place!

Gone to both about a million times and love them both. My honest opinion? PT50's is a fun atmosphere, and if you get a bitter, sarcastic waiter/waitress who plays with you, it's a blast. But the food never has, never is, and never will be great food. Chicken is ok. Sandwiches are ok. Appetizers are not good. Dessert is great though.

On the other hand, Sci Fi's food has always been great for me, as has our service. Never once had a horror story there in 18 years. If you're not into antics, and your wife's never been, take her to Sci Fi. :))))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom