50s Prime Time Diner Qustion

epcot2004

Original Poster
We are considering trying the 50s Prime Time Diner. We like the looks of the menu but do not like the interactive 'show' part where they tell you to eat your vegetables etc. Is there a 'quiet' area like at Whispering Canyon where you can enjoy your meal and not be part of the show? I know I sound like a party pooper :lookarounbut we just want to eat at a new place...quietly. Thanks in advance for information/replies!

Disaddict

Nope. Unfortunately they are all normal areas. But don't worry about it. We avoided the place like the plague until recently and now it is one of our favorite places. They aren't going to stand there and yell at you. It is all fun and makes you laugh. And this is coming from a man that hates when people interrupt him while eating. :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We are considering trying the 50s Prime Time Diner. We like the looks of the menu but do not like the interactive 'show' part where they tell you to eat your vegetables etc. Is there a 'quiet' area like at Whispering Canyon where you can enjoy your meal and not be part of the show? I know I sound like a party pooper :lookarounbut we just want to eat at a new place...quietly. Thanks in advance for information/replies!

It's not an "in your face" interactive show. Rather the waitstaff will kind of chide you for not finishing your veggies, or for constantly needing a refill (my particular crux) and the like. But they don't do it in an embarrassing manner. And since every server (and thus every table there) is in on the joke, no one person is singled out.

But no, there's no real quiet area. You can probably make your desire that known to your server though, and I'm sure they can tone it down for you.

Disaddict

You can probably make your desire that known to your server though, and I'm sure they can tone it down for you.

You can also let the Host know when you check-in and they can let the waitstaff know if you do not feel comfortable telling "mom" to back off a little. :)

Phonedave

I have eaten there a few times. It has been my experience that for the most part the wait staff is pretty good at judging their guests and adjusting accordingly.

If they get the feeling that you are not "playing along" they will still call you cousin, they may make a comment or two, such as "do you really think you deserve dessert if you did not finish dinner" or something along those lines. They will not call you out or announce you to the room.

However, if you are up for it, they will play along and stand you in a corner, compare you to other tables, etc.

They do tone it down if they have to

-dave

Pioneer Hall

Like others have said, you can tell your server and they will leave you alone. This place is different that Whispering Canyon as the whole restaurant isn't really involved at the same time. In my opinion though, the real reason to go to 50's Primetime is for the atmosphere. The food is good, but if you are looking for a restaurant for just the food aspect, then you can probably find something better. I go to 50s for the good time.

PolynesianPrincess

We've been there several times and the first time we were in the back in a small room with only a couple tables. Our waiter still played along with us even though it was only us and another table back there. I did notice when we went last year with more people and some younger family members (there's usually 3 of us, all over the age of 21) they played along with the younger ones a lot more.

I guess it all depends on your waiter/waitress. But I think since it's an interactive restaurant and if you don't like stuff like that, then skip it. They give you fair warning so it's not like it's a surprise when they have you set the tables yourself or tell you to finish your veggies..

Motorpro

One of my favorite resturants in Disney because of the show. If you don't want the show it's not worth it,there are places with better food.

53Herbie

If you take off your hat at the table, keep your elbows in your lap, and clean your plate like a good boy and girl, you won't have any problems. Good Luck!
Tell Mom I will see her February.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The servers are very good at "reading" diners. If you aren't interested in the show aspect of the meal, they'll figure it out pretty quickly.

That being said, if you aren't interested in the show, I'd go somewhere else. The food there is ok, but there are better places. You're definitely paying for the novelty there.

tookydo

We ate there in August because we like the interaction. This time we were disappointed; not much interaction at all. We asked the manager and he said that dinner has been toned down considerably because of customer complaints and that if we want more of the show we should go for lunch.

PolynesianPrincess

We ate there in August because we like the interaction. This time we were disappointed; not much interaction at all. We asked the manager and he said that dinner has been toned down considerably because of customer complaints and that if we want more of the show we should go for lunch.

See I don't understand why people would complain... :shrug: That's the kind of restaurant it is!! It's a show!!! That'd be like going to a concert and asking them to keep the music lower... You're at a concert for goodness sake! If you don't want the show, go elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom