50's Prime Time--changes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have said it over on the cruise section many times. DCL is better than other cruise lines in certain ways. But it in no way justifies the outrageous prices DCL charges. DCL food has also fallen off. I have three DCL cruises under by belt, but my money is now going to Celebrity Cruises instead (two times with time, and planning a third for next year). There are a few parts of DCL that I miss (and some I like better on Celebrity). But then I look at my wallet and not having the split bath does not matter any more.

-dave

My recent experience on RCCL show substantially better food quality than DCL.

And celebrity is better than that...much.

So I’m in that boat...errr....

But it’s funny...I saw one of those cruise bloggers do a thing on anthem (next up) and in the comments...he said “next one might be DCL BEFORE THEY PRICE US OUT...one last time”

Now this is a person who has done dozens of these on all lines and levels...but is framing it as though the truth about DCL is obvious.

wombat

I read that the Whispering Canyon has toned down or even eliminated the "shenanigans" that so many people loved. (sidebar: I have also seen a lot of cranky-pants who undoubtedly would have a major hissy if they received more than one bottle of ketchup. I suspect this was a factor)

That said, how is the ambience at 50's Prime Time these days?
Admittedly (and sadly), my last trip was ~2002 and we thoroughly enjoyed being "reminded" to keep elbows off the table, eat the carrots, etc.

I have an ADR for January 2019, and kinda want things to be the same.

Thanks.
Yes the atmosphere has changed. I ate there about 5 years ago and then about 3 years ago. There was not as much 'Banter' between cast members and the diners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom