50's Prime Time Cafe

meganwdw

Original Poster
I was able to snag a lunch reservation today for our November visit. I wasn't planning on trying it this trip but figured what the heck since it was available. I know what to expect from the servers and atmosphere but what are your tips on ordering? Must try dishes and desserts?? 46 days to go!

belledream

I agree about the shakes! If you're on the dining plan, they can count as your drink.
My favorite is the pot roast, but the trio is more fun! It's the pot roast, meatloaf, and fried chicken.
For dessert, the brownie sundae is an explosion of sweets and can easily feed 2-3.

DisneyJunkie

Food-wise, no one in our party would say it's anything to write home about....and we all ordered different items. As far as the wait staff goes, it just depends on who you get. The older female waitress we had was NOT in character or in the spirit of the place at all, nor did she attempt to be. But we did see other wait staff interacting and having a good time at other tables. None of us would particularly choose to go there again.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Food-wise, no one in our party would say it's anything to write home about....and we all ordered different items. As far as the wait staff goes, it just depends on who you get. The older female waitress we had was NOT in character or in the spirit of the place at all, nor did she attempt to be. But we did see other wait staff interacting and having a good time at other tables. None of us would particularly choose to go there again.
Maybe she was playing the aunt that hated you?

meganwdw

Original Poster
Thanks for all the info. Going in with an open mind and empty belly. Worst case scenario is that I don't enjoy my meal but get a good milkshake out of it!!

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
I also like the Chicken Pot Pie. We have been at least ten times in the past. My daughter absolutely loves it - I expect equally for the milkshakes and the wait staff picking on her parents. We have had servers both excellent and mediocre. If you have the personality to do it, you can really engage your server and make the experience even more memorable. When we have been there with a less enthusiastic server we have gotten involved with other servers and other tables as well. Open mind is the best way to go in!

disney4life2008

I agree about the shakes! If you're on the dining plan, they can count as your drink.
My favorite is the pot roast, but the trio is more fun! It's the pot roast, meatloaf, and fried chicken.
For dessert, the brownie sundae is an explosion of sweets and can easily feed 2-3.

Attachments

• 20140812_203749.jpg
    20140812_203749.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 20140812_211728.jpg
    20140812_211728.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 37

Mrs.Toad

For an app, those onion rings and dipping sauce are killer!

And I have never had it, but many rave about the fried garlic and herb cheese. I know the pics look great. I think it was once off the menu and then made a comeback. Totally on my to-eat/do-list for next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom