50's Cafe/Hollywood and Vine

Lefty

Original Poster
Which of these two is better? I noticed Hollywood and Vine doesn't sell lunch??

Would 50's be a nice place for lunch, or would you recommend one of the cafes (like the huge one in the center, which I forget its name!)

Thanks!

Also, what do you think of the Sci-Fi Diner? It seems pretty cool from the pictures and description in Birnbaum's

I would recommend that you choose 50's Prime Time Cafe; it is a fun experience and the food is very good. You might also try the Backlot Express; it has some good selections, but my only problem with it is that it is entirely outside!!

"You have now entered....the twilight zone...."

d'Isigny

Lefty said:
Which of these two is better? I noticed Hollywood and Vine doesn't sell lunch??

Would 50's be a nice place for lunch, or would you recommend one of the cafes (like the huge one in the center, which I forget its name!)

Thanks!

Also, what do you think of the Sci-Fi Diner? It seems pretty cool from the pictures and description in Birnbaum's

I liked 50's Prime Time Cafe...great themeing...

I love the Sci-Fi! A lot of people don't consider the food all that good, though I've never had a problem. A burger and shake is a safe bet! But you have to go whether for dinner or lunch because it is so cool and you'll never see anything like it outside of Disney.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I would recomend Sci Fi over 50s prime time. The food is better at Sci Fi. The last time we are at 50s, it was not really that good.

Nicole

When are you going? I have heard from a reliable source that in the fairly near future Hollywood & Vine will be serving breakfast and lunch as well as dinner.

I really like H&V, but I guess like every other WDW restaurant it's really a matter of personal preference.

SallyShine

We love the Sci Fi Drive In! Make sure to get a drink with the glow in the dark ice cubes. We bring them home and use them when we have bonfires. It's funny to see ice cubes moving about the back yard.

Lefty

Original Poster
How does Sci-Fi work? Are there certain times that you have to be there for shows?

Do I make a reservation?

Thanks.

d'Isigny

Lefty said:
How does Sci-Fi work? Are there certain times that you have to be there for shows?

Do I make a reservation?

Thanks.

It's just a rotating hour clip of Sci-Fi movie previews...

It's pretty cool because it's like being at a drive-in movie...the cars are tables...even have the speakers...I love it

Priority seating is your best bet...but they do walk-ins...

Lefty

Original Poster
d'Isigny said:
It's just a rotating hour clip of Sci-Fi movie previews...

It's pretty cool because it's like being at a drive-in movie...the cars are tables...even have the speakers...I love it

Priority seating is your best bet...but they do walk-ins...

Priority seating as in reservation?

d'Isigny

Priority seating is Disney's term for reservation.

Because of the high volume at Disney restaurants, they are unable to guarantee that you'll be seated if you arrive at an exact time. What they do promise is that when you do show up, with priority seating, you will be given the next table that becomes available for the number in your party. Waittimes with priority seating average between 10 and 20 minutes during busy times of year.

Lefty said:
Priority seating as in reservation?

KaliSplash

Sci-Fi is our favorite because of the movie clips. These are some of the absolutely worst (in a hilarious sort of way) movie clips in the history of the planet. You must see them.

Many people pan the food there, but my family has never had a problem either.

That said, 50s Prime Time Cafe is also a blast. They have little black and white tvs that show clips from old comedy shows about food. They are also funny, though not as hilarious as the movie clips. The food is good and the servers carry through on a great theme.

If at all possible, I'd suggest eating at both restaurants over Hollywood and Vine (which is fine, just not as heavily and successfully themed).

But if you can only chose one, may your way to the drive-in.

d'Isigny

KaliSplash said:
Sci-Fi is our favorite because of the movie clips. These are some of the absolutely worst (in a hilarious sort of way) movie clips in the history of the planet. You must see them.

Many people pan the food there, but my family has never had a problem either.

That said, 50s Prime Time Cafe is also a blast. They have little black and white tvs that show clips from old comedy shows about food. They are also funny, though not as hilarious as the movie clips. The food is good and the servers carry through on a great theme.

If at all possible, I'd suggest eating at both restaurants over Hollywood and Vine (which is fine, just not as heavily and successfully themed).

But if you can only chose one, may your way to the drive-in.

I LOVE those clips...and the intermission clips...the cartoons...everything. Sci-Fi is a must for me...

and the Prime Time...isn't it the best when you get a really good waiter/waitress that gets into the role?!!

KaliSplash

Yes, I also love the news clips at Sci-Fi, indeed, as you say, everything.

And yep, good servers at 50s are fantastic. My 20 year old son still vividly remembers a waiter one time doing the 'airplane' with a fork full of pasta and coming at his mouth with it. My son was 13 at the time!

d'Isigny

KaliSplash said:
Yes, I also love the news clips at Sci-Fi, indeed, as you say, everything.

And yep, good servers at 50s are fantastic. My 20 year old son still vividly remembers a waiter one time doing the 'airplane' with a fork full of pasta and coming at his mouth with it. My son was 13 at the time!

Our first time there...my wife and daughter were afraid to do anything wrong because the table to our left were getting into trouble left in right...

the father got the choo choo with green beans...after the waiter announced that he was being wasteful with his vegetables and the kids had to clear the table and sweep..

we behaved...watched our elbows and finished everything on the plate

KaliSplash

d'Isigny said:
Our first time there...my wife and daughter were afraid to do anything wrong because the table to our left were getting into trouble left in right...

the father got the choo choo with green beans...after the waiter announced that he was being wasteful with his vegetables and the kids had to clear the table and sweep..

we behaved...watched our elbows and finished everything on the plate

Yeah, my guys are careful what they order so there is nothing they will get a lecture and 'no dessert' warning for

d'Isigny

KaliSplash said:
Yeah, my guys are careful what they order so there is nothing they will get a lecture and 'no dessert' warning for

Lol...know what you mean...they make sure they are good and hungry and able to finish their meal before going into PrimeTime...

I like to set my daughter up...and try to get her in trouble...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom