News .

remingtonsteele

Most of the cast members, including myself, are now on the East Side of FW. Three stayed on at Imagination, and the rest of us picked our attractions on the East Side. Nobody went to The Living Seas, as there were no openings

Land Pavilion Theme

So when we first started hearing about Land retheming there was talk about ait being themed to a travel agency with Living w/ the Land being a "cruise" type of thing... (I don't think that will change the attraction much though).

But then I heard that the pavilion would be like an Airport terminal... or something...

Anyone have any clue as to what the theme of the whole pavilion will be or will it have a real unified theme... just kinda "Land" ideas in general...

General Grizz

launchpad03 said:
So when we first started hearing about Land retheming there was talk about ait being themed to a travel agency with Living w/ the Land being a "cruise" type of thing... (I don't think that will change the attraction much though).

But then I heard that the pavilion would be like an Airport terminal... or something...

Anyone have any clue as to what the theme of the whole pavilion will be or will it have a real unified theme... just kinda "Land" ideas in general...
The Disney press release described the Soarin' entrance as an Airport terminal. If Living with the Land were themed to a "cruise," the whole Travel Agency theme comes into play. . .

I heard both of these as rumor, but from extremely good sources. We'll wait and see what happens. . .

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Not to mention that I've confirmed it with various CMs on the Living with the Land Boat Ride that there will be a re-theme of the actual themed areas. (Not the greenhouse)

figmentfan

I hope this is all for the best! I am looking forward to Soarin. Please Disney do not ruin Garden Grill or Living with the Land. I love the secnes of the storm, the farm, rain forest, and the prairie dogs. I love the Land Pavilion.

Just recently on ebay, I bought a surplus food tray from the Sunshine Food Fair in the Land. Those food trays are the coolest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhilosophyMagic

I'm excited to see what the themeing will look like... the Imagineers are often very creative with what seems very limited. Still, I don't get the "cruise" idea for Living with the Land. Why would a cruise be passing through all of that food?

With the question of people leaving The Land after Sorin', it probably depends on what the food court is like. A lot of people might get snacks after or while waiting for their Fastpasses.

Here's the really interesting thing: correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sorin' the FIRST EVER major Fastpass attraction inside a pavillion with other attractions? (I'm not counting the extra diversions inside Mission: Space and Test Track as attractions, and Body Wars and Living with the Land don't attract "major" sized crowds.) Anyway, why is this important? Because it may cause people to get Fastpasses for Sorin', and then, especially because of the staircases, spend the meantime doing the other attractions in the pavillion. This would leave The Land ABSOLUTELY PACKED, which, by the way, will make the crowd flow in Future World even more strange, already having long, slow lines for Test Track, and crowds sitting outside of Mission: Space. Goodness this could be absurd. (By the way, this is NOT a criticism of Sorin' or anything else. I enjoyed the ride at DCA and an thrilled to see it in my favorite WDW park!)

Austin1

I love the land it's not my favorite attraction at epoct,but it's my favorite pavillion and love the indoor tropical peaceful mall feeling. IF they ever redo WOL I hope the keep the whole indoor part of it. I don't mean that i don't want them to chage it it's just that the land and WOL are the only ones that you can go in a just relax and if you want to ride a ride you can just get off your indoor bench and go ride!!! :sohappy:

Ms Brer Rabbit

The Land

I agree.I'm a bit nervous about the changes to the attraction..It always provided a calm respite. Will there be any restaurant/food service any longer? We're near Philly..Go Eagles

AdLibSean

This may have been answered in a previous thread, but I haven't been here in a while- What's to become of the fountain that WAS in the food court? Any word on whether we'll keep the old signage out front too?

PhilosophyMagic said:
...isn't Sorin' the FIRST EVER major Fastpass attraction inside a pavillion with other attractions? ..... Body Wars and Living with the Land don't attract "major" sized crowds.
Don't forget about Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Not necesarily an extremely popular atraction, but "inside" a pavillion ... sort of.. anyhow...

PhilosophyMagic said:
... Anyway, why is this important? Because it may cause people to get Fastpasses for Sorin', and then, especially because of the staircases, spend the meantime doing the other attractions in the pavillion...
Good observation. I agree that this could be strange. It also will depend on how long the fastpass wait-times will be. I imagine that if the wait times are over an 1:30, then people may leave and do other things. I'm sure Mgmnt thinks about this when they decide how many Fastpasses to distribute and such...

oh how I wish I could work for crowd flow logistics at WDW....

Here's a question, why could the entrance have not been on the outside of the pavillion and have the exit spill into the pavillion itself? Would that not have illeviated major guest flow concerns. I know it would make it a little more difficult for re-entry, but still. The flow would be all in one direction instead of two equally large crowds fighting eachother to go in the opposing direction.

Yen_Sid1

martinthesparta said:
Here's a question, why could the entrance have not been on the outside of the pavillion and have the exit spill into the pavillion itself? Would that not have illeviated major guest flow concerns. I know it would make it a little more difficult for re-entry, but still. The flow would be all in one direction instead of two equally large crowds fighting eachother to go in the opposing direction.

Maybe they should have entered through The Land and exited through a Soarin' gift shop in Imagination. That would help even the flow and increase the numbers for Imagination.

DisneyDrum

Ms Brer Rabbit said:
Will there be any restaurant/food service any longer?

The Garden Grill is staying, as well as a smaller version of the food court.

AdLibSean said:
This may have been answered in a previous thread, but I haven't been here in a while- What's to become of the fountain that WAS in the food court? Any word on whether we'll keep the old signage out front too?

I think the fountain was destroyed when they cleared out the land for the rehab. I remember MOUSESURPLUS saying that he got the top of the fountain and was going to send it to Grizz. The signage has all been removed and I doubt it'll come back, but that's just my speculation.

Dayma

We are going in August and I hope that the update is great! I really did not like the old set up. Felt too much like a cafetria to me. Here is hoping that the themeing is better.

DarkMeasures

Hmmmm..... Anyway, Did I mention how happy I am with the way the Land is going? I just hope the ceiling will be painted with a design or something because the past decade, the ceiling seemed so empty it was sad. I just realised recently that if there was a pattern or something painted on the ceiling, it would be bad.

But I am surprised that everyone likes Circle of Life. I went on it once and vowed not to see it again. And 5 years later, my Mom wanted to see it again. I waited outside for her to see it and when she came out, she vowed never to see it again. I would much rather see a much smarter approach on the concept of conservation. Something cool. With plently of cool stuff that will keep you interested but no Disney chatacter tie ins or dumbing down. But then again, I guess that is what Soarin's message is.

I would personally like to see Circle of Life replaced with something done in a True Life Adventure's Format. It doesn't need animals as long as it gives its message out in a non-direct way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom