News .

Scooter

I wouldn't worry.
I have faith in the Disney imagineers.
I'm sure The Land Pavillion will look wonderful when it's done.
I, for one, am looking forward the addition of Soarin.

Besides, even if there is a little congestion and chaos, there are Many Many Many places in Disney World to just relax in.

My favorite place to sit and chill is in Animal Kingdom.
My wife and I buy lunch at Flametree Bar-B-Que, then stroll down by the river and enjoy a quiet, serene, peaceful meal with just us and the splender of Mother Nature. :)

ImaginEAR

Yes. I also have complete faith in the Imagineers, and I for one am excited to see Soarin' coming to Florida. Sure, it won't be as relaxing with all of the mad crowds looking to Soar over California, but as Scooter posted, there are many places in the World to relax. BRING ON THE HANG GLIDERS!

CTXRover

Part of the reason for the refurb is to hopefully prevent a chaotic feeling inside the Land. Reworking the crowd flow will help go a long way in absorbing the crowds that will be entering the Land now to ride Soarin' and is probably the reason for the refurb (as well as hopefully making it look great aesthetically). I don't know what the overall feeling of the pavilion will have now, but at least everyone who comes to ride Soarin' will enter the pavilion and then enter the long queue that has been added as its own addition to The Land pavilion (it connects the Soarin' show building with the original Land pavilion) hopefully preventing the line from overflowing into the new food court area.

I'm excited to see the re-do. Its promising to know the balloons and such will probably be making a return.

Lynx04

horizons1983 said:
I'm just worried that I'm not going to get that feeling of relaxation when I walk in there this summer.

Mike Tenuto - GO EAGLES!!!

Well, the pavillion will be visited more frequent because of Soarin. Because of this they had to make the area more crowd traffic friendly. Unfortunately you will not have the peaceful relaxation that you once enjoyed.

O, and yes: GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General Grizz

The Land was already Epcot's #2 pavilion attendance-wise this December. . . seeing more guests? Well, we'll see what happens April 1.

I'm VERY CURIOUS to see the final product. . .

Pioneer Hall

General Grizz said:
The Land was already Epcot's #2 pavilion attendance-wise this December. . . seeing more guests? Well, we'll see what happens April 1.

I'm VERY CURIOUS to see the final product. . .

I'm sure the place will be fine when all is said and done Grizz. Don't get your fur all tied up before you see what happens. I see Soarin' being a good addition to Epcot and to the Land, not killing anything with this one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
CTXRover said:
...but at least everyone who comes to ride Soarin' will enter the pavilion and then enter the long queue that has been added as its own addition to The Land pavilion....

I can`t help but think the space given to the queue is too big. You have any space in the Soarin` show building itself, the area in the connecting building, the entire Food Rocks / Kitchen Kabaret theatre, the Food Rocks / Kitchen Kabaret queue area itself, plus the original 2nd holding area and then the approach from The Land concourse. I just hope the utilise the old theatre space for a proper preshow otherwise its going to be a LONG empty queue (and the boarding video dosn`t count!)

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
The Land was already Epcot's #2 pavilion attendance-wise this December. . . seeing more guests? Well, we'll see what happens April 1.I'm VERY CURIOUS to see the final product. . .

Which is an artifical number given there was a massive food court and sit down restuarant inside.

If you put food inside of Test Track and Mission Space and The Land would have been more of a ghost town than Wonders of Life is/was.

Living w/ the Land/Food Rocks/Circle of Life isn't causing people to come visit EPCOT. Test Track, Mission Space & now Soarin' will be the big reasons the crowds come. Other pavillions are merely the fish eating the scraps left by the sharks.

KevinPage

CoffeeJedi said:
how many Soarin' theaters will be housed in that building?
what's the ride capacity per showing?

I'm assuming 2 theatres, but I thought this is what DCA had & EPCOT was going to have greater capacity. I wouldn't be surprised by 4 though.

I guess I have no idea :brick: :brick: :brick:

(I had good intentions when I initially clicked reply)

TheLand

The Land Cast Members

The cast members are working at other attractions during this process has anyone seen anyone familair somewhere else ?

AndyP

KevinPage said:
Which is an artifical number given there was a massive food court and sit down restuarant inside.

If you put food inside of Test Track and Mission Space and The Land would have been more of a ghost town than Wonders of Life is/was.

Living w/ the Land/Food Rocks/Circle of Life isn't causing people to come visit EPCOT. Test Track, Mission Space & now Soarin' will be the big reasons the crowds come. Other pavillions are merely the fish eating the scraps left by the sharks.

That may be true, but M:S and TT DON'T have seating area and so the Land WAS the most visited. The extra attendance that Soarin' will make by getting people in the Land who don't normally go there, plus the food area, other attractions makes one very busy Land. Sounds like the queue will be big enough to stop Soarin' affecting The Land too much, I'm hoping you won't be able to see the queue from the food area, but I doubt Disney would do that anyway. I think Living with The Land will take the biggest hit in attendance in the long run, I think people will do Soarin' and then mostly leave to get a break from the pavilion rather than doing another attraction, though I could be wrong and it might get a huge boost (doesn't it have good attendance anyway?) Anyway, looking forward to seeing the final result!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
Do we know that for sure? :lookaroun
oh, sorry grizz, im doing a dangerous and irresponsible thing......... im assuming. :lol: since i havent heard anything about them demolishing them (i know, rough word, but it would be tragic)

:lookaroun but with all seriousness, i hope they keep the murals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom