50 for the 50th

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Main Street Spectacle of Lights Parade

Fall 2021
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/07/spectro2.jpg
As part of the 50th Anniversary - a limited time parade will take place in the Magic Kingdom, reviving the dormant nighttime parade route, in the Main Street Spectacle of Lights. With the spirit of many other popular parades and floats over the years - this parade will seek to be the best of the best, inspired by themes and designs from the past 50 years of parades in Disney Parks. From SpectroMagic (my personal favorite) to the Main Street Electrical Parade, to Paint the Night, and so much more - guests will line Main Street and the streets of Liberty Square and Frontierland for a dazziling display of lights and color roughly 1.5 hours before the new fireworks show high above Cinderella Castle.
sol.jpg

There will be 16 floats in total with a float lineup of:
1 - Fantasia Mickey
2 - Donald and Daisy's boat
3 - Peter Pan and Captain Hook
4 - Aladdin
5 - Genie
6 - Alice in Wonderland
7 - Cheshire Cat
8 - Tinker Bell and the Fairies
9 - Pinocchio's Workshop
10 - Snow White
11 - Beauty and the Beast
12- Frozen
13 - The Little Mermaid
14 - The Three Caballeros
15 - Tangled
16 - Fab Five, Golden Mickey Finale

For a sample of what to expect from the Main Street Spectacle of Lights - watch the short video below!

This parade will hopefully revitalize the stagnant Magic Kingdom nighttime parades, and be a welcome addition to the nighttime lineup in the park. Thanks for reading and check back later tonight when @MonorailRed posts the new Magic Kingdom fireworks spectacular!

Last edited:

AceAstro

A few things I think of when reading this...
a limited time parade
633.gif

1 - Fantasia Mickey
4 - Aladdin
5 - Genie
6 - Alice in Wonderland
7 - Cheshire Cat
9 - Pinocchio's Workshop
10 - Snow White
11 - Seven Dwarf Mine Carts
12 - Beauty and the Beast
13 - Frozen
14 - The Little Mermaid
15 - The Three Cabelleros
15 - Tangled
That's 17 floats as you accidentally counted 15 twice.

In all honesty, though I would love to see this parade. I absolutely love Disney Nighttime Parades so I think something like this would be an awesome addition to the park!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
A few things I think of when reading this...

633.gif

That's 17 floats as you accidentally counted 15 twice.

In all honesty, though I would love to see this parade. I absolutely love Disney Nighttime Parades so I think something like this would be an awesome addition to the park!!
It's supposed to be 16-- I was messing around with the order and needed a filler float (the mine trains float) but I guess I didn't after all:p

MonorailRed

Applebees

Remember the Magic - A Dream in the Sky
Fall 2021

dsc_9719.jpg

Something I noticed throughout the Disneyland’s past 50th is the recycling of music. You see this a lot with the company now, with live action remakes and the Ducktales series, putting a twist on classics in the Disney Vault to resonate with multiple generations. I think the 50th for the Magic Kingdom fireworks will be similar, but in terms of making something “Walt Disney World Retro” new again.

Keeping the “Retro” theme, I pulled two things out of the Disney Parks Vault to resurrect for this. The Walt Disney World opening, with a marching band in the main street section of the fireworks, and “Remember the Magic” theme from the 25th Anniversary, with an all new vocalist.

Enjoy!

(Note, there's some sections I'd love to go back and edit eventually, but illuminations and the Electric Water Pagent need some help :bookworm:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Fall 2021

dsc_9719.jpg

Something I noticed throughout the Disneyland’s past 50th is the recycling of music. You see this a lot with the company now, with live action remakes and the Ducktales series, putting a twist on classics in the Disney Vault to resonate with multiple generations. I think the 50th for the Magic Kingdom fireworks will be similar, but in terms of making something “Walt Disney World Retro” new again.

Keeping the “Retro” theme, I pulled two things out of the Disney Parks Vault to resurrect for this. The Walt Disney World opening, with a marching band in the main street section of the fireworks, and “Remember the Magic” theme from the 25th Anniversary, with an all new vocalist.

Enjoy!

(Note, there's some sections I'd love to go back and edit eventually, but illuminations and the Electric Water Pagent need some help :bookworm:)

And now everyone knows where you've been since the Spring of 2020 in this project:p

This is the best fireworks show you've done! :geek:

@mickeyfan5534 might enjoy this and @Vipraa as well since I know he used to do these types of shows in past imagineering projects.

mickeyfan5534

Fall 2021

dsc_9719.jpg

Enjoy!

And now everyone knows where you've been since the Spring of 2020 in this project:p

This is the best fireworks show you've done! :geek:

@mickeyfan5534 might enjoy this and @Vipraa as well since I know he used to do these types of shows in past imagineering projects.
This is great and I really enjoyed it but, and maybe it's just me, I almost feel like this would work better as the projection only show (a la Once Upon a Time) rather than the main fireworks show.

mickeyfan5534

Main Street Spectacle of Lights Parade

Fall 2021
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/07/spectro2.jpg
As part of the 50th Anniversary - a limited time parade will take place in the Magic Kingdom, reviving the dormant nighttime parade route, in the Main Street Spectacle of Lights. With the spirit of many other popular parades and floats over the years - this parade will seek to be the best of the best, inspired by themes and designs from the past 50 years of parades in Disney Parks. From SpectroMagic (my personal favorite) to the Main Street Electrical Parade, to Paint the Night, and so much more - guests will line Main Street and the streets of Liberty Square and Frontierland for a dazziling display of lights and color roughly 1.5 hours before the new fireworks show high above Cinderella Castle.
sol.jpg

1 - Fantasia Mickey
4 - Aladdin
5 - Genie
6 - Alice in Wonderland
7 - Cheshire Cat
9 - Pinocchio's Workshop
10 - Snow White
11 - Beauty and the Beast
12- Frozen
13 - The Little Mermaid
14 - The Three Caballeros
15 - Tangled

For a sample of what to expect from the Main Street Spectacle of Lights - watch the short video below!

This parade will hopefully revitalize the stagnant Magic Kingdom nighttime parades, and be a welcome addition to the nighttime lineup in the park. Thanks for reading and check back later tonight when @MonorailRed posts the new Magic Kingdom fireworks spectacular!

I'm in love with this though.

Poe Dameron

Fall 2021

dsc_9719.jpg

Enjoy!

Just got a chance to watch this show. It's wonderful! How did you do all that?

MonorailRed

Applebees
Just got a chance to watch this show. It's wonderful! How did you do all that?

Thanks! :D I used Photoshop for each set, and some green screen effects for the visuals.

For the music I clipped music in Garageband from other fireworks shows, classic attractions, faded in and out some sequences and tweaked with the EQ. Added in a dash of custom sound effects as well :)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Epcot Century III Part 1

Winter 2022
d23_future_world.jpg

As mentioned in the Golden Dreams Celebration opening post - the 50th Anniversary leads into Epcot's 40th Anniversary - and for that celebration, several new additions have already been opened. The refurbished Spaceship Earth, the Brava Centauri Space Restaurant, Guardians of the Galaxy: Energy Quest, The Life Around Us at the Harvest Theater, DuckTales World Showcase Adventure, Remember Me: A Coco Adventure, and Merida's Brave Journey.

However - those additions only scratch the surface of the Epcot Century III Expansion - which we've dubbed as the name for the restoration project ending in the Year 2024. This project was hinted at in the D23 conference, as they showed this concept art rendering of a potential new Future World - one with, surprisingly - no Innoventions.

At first we thought this was an odd choice, perhaps just because we are accustom to Innoventions being in Epcot and removing attractions seems like it would have the opposite effect intended to bring the park into the next generation. However, upon doing more research into it -- this is, in our view, a brilliant move because it completely flips the table on what Epcot and Future World in particular can be - and bridges off into more possibilities than a simple Innoventions refurbishment.

Future World Map - Century III Expansion

Epcot%2B2023.jpg

@MANEATINGWREATH I think I'm ready for your park map now
Above we have the concept map for the new Future World. The biggest thing that pops out is most likely the removal of Innoventions to go along with the concept art presented in the D23 convention in 2017. Around the new green open space are smaller pavilions, waterways, and hundreds of trees to make the area very green in appearance. Going towards the entrance as well, we see that the 'tombstones' aka - the Leave a Legacy monuments - are removed and more green space brings guests in from the entrance. Finally, you might notice a new resort in the top left -- we will get to that in a future installment!

Gardens of Wonder
Innoventions Replacement
InnovPlaza.jpg

Sometimes the recency effect can lead to thinking that Epcot has always been a certain way. To me, the center of Epcot (today) is a big waste of space -- and with only one fountain and a few bushes, is also lacking in green space. The original E.P.C.O.T. city -- was always intended to have plenty of greenery - as to me, not only is green energy the way of the future, but a more pleasant aesthetic to have futuristic plants and shrubbery, than staring at more of a chromatic concrete jungle.
the-original-epcot-F-4x3-750.jpg

Just taking from a small piece of the E.P.C.O.T. model - we can see the green belt, filled with parks and greenery that Walt Disney had always intended to be a part of his vision of the future. And going back to the mid-80s in Epcot -- the park followed through with plenty of green space compared to the current layout -- for example the front entrance -- which will be the part of the inspiration for the new entrance to Epcot (elaborated on in another post that will cover the new entrance to the park as well as the entrance resort)
20120610-125335.jpg

A Park Within A Park
trailfinders-australian-garden.jpeg

The purpose of Innoventions was to be a showcase of new technology and inventions - however the issue with it is that the technology showcased in the attractions, can be accessed in many other aspects of our lives. The last time I was in Innoventions - there were video games that one could just play at home. I felt that is just wasting space when we could get creative with it.

In addition - the teaser picture I posted a few replies ago (just scroll up a bit to see it) is a picture of just an empty hallway in Innoventions - with 25-30 foot tall vaulted ceilings...of nothing. With Sum of All Thrills closed (and the KUKA arm technology available in other places anyway) why continue to 'plus' these exhibits when instead we could simply remove it, and use the space as a wide open green belt of smaller pavilions and locations that serve a greater purpose to the theme of Future World. And, as an added bonus, the center spine of Epcot would feel much more like a park within a park! With at least 10x more benches and shady areas than the current configuration of the center spine, as well as small quick service venues throughout that allow guests to either eat indoors or underneath the canopies.
A futuristic organic restaurant called - The Green Belt - will be located within a pavilion in the Gardens of Wonder, serving a more unconventional theme park quick service food option - with organic salads sandwiches, and more
Hotel-Rrestaurant-Design-in-Futuristic-Nhow-Hotel-Interior-Design-by-Karim-Rashid.jpg

Another quick service venue 'ThinkDifferently' located near the Google sponsored New Horizons Pavilion at the tip of the Garden, takes inspiration from the new Google campus, with a tented archway over the quick-service venue that doubles as a new Food and Wine Pavilion tent that offers year-round tastes of the world. With soda machines powered by Google ingenuity and inspired by the 'Club Cool' area in the old Innoventions, you can simply type in a country of origin from over 100 options, and try a drink from that nation.
Google-Mountain-View-HQ-revised-plan-03-889x520.jpg

A quaint Starbucks coffee shop is built with greenery and timber into one of the small man-made hills adjacent to the 'ThinkDifferently' quick service venue, keeping the tradition of a Starbucks in each of the four Walt Disney World theme parks.
Starbucks-1-740x462.jpg

House of Tomorrow Pavilion
For instance, one of the better Innoventions exhibits was a short lived one in 2012, where you could walk through an energy efficient house of the future - why not have one of the pavilions in the new Gardens of the World Green Belt -- be a house of the future.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/03/vision-house.jpg
Not only would this be a innovative walk-through attraction, for a company like GE or Samsung to sponsor - but it could also be a permanent callback to the House of Tomorrow in Disneyland!
latest

New Horizons Pavilion
The New Horizons Pavilion will be at the tip of the Gardens of Wonder transitioning into World Showcase.
13012898_1337567869592042_96892136765258286_n.jpg

A domed yet eclectic building design - as guests walk inside they will be able to be immersed in an interactive augmented reality experience sponsored by Google. Inside, guests will be able to walk through a city-scape of tomorrow, inspired by the creative prowess of Walt Disney and his E.P.C.O.T. You'll be able to board a monorail to the center hub, walk out and interact with your environment using VR glasses, that take you out of the present and into the future - using new technology of the age.

Fountains, Statues, and Lighting
Furthermore, Future World used to have more innovative fountains and water elements, in particular by the Imagination Pavilion, as seen from this image of a nighttime fountain from 1985.
Epcot-Journey-Into-Imagination-Fountain-Night-2-3-24-1985-Chad-Erickson.jpg

Several water fountains with unique, whimsical designs will be included in the Gardens of the World, as well as an expanded waterway in Future World West that connects the three pavilions and wrapping around to Spaceship Earth. Also permeating the gardens will be statues to math, physics, biology and other influential scientific concepts that have shaped our world. An example of a statue would be something akin to the 'Thinking Man' shown below on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
jaume-plensa-mit-sculpture-john-parrillo_0.jpg

The lighting will also be something of note, as when the sun goes down - the Gardens of Wonder will transform into a neon spectacle that will be some serious competition for the nighttime effects of Pandora: The World of Avatar. Dark lights and other neon stimuli will light up around Future World, creating a colorful array of designs they truly bring it to life. Even the monorail track that goes around Future World will be affected by these lights, and glow similar to this image at the Disneyland Hotel pool.
faae11dc0395003d97c6f710fa5024fc.jpg

Overall --- this will completely redefine Future World for the next generation. While keeping many of the same elements of what Communicore and Innoventions meant to Epcot - the Gardens of the World flips those concepts around and puts them in a park setting that would be unlike anything ever seen in a Disney theme park before!

Thank you again for reading - let us know what you think - and check back tonight for another installment!:)

Last edited:

D Hulk

Epcot Century III Part 1

Winter 2022
d23_future_world.jpg

As mentioned in the Golden Dreams Celebration opening post - the 50th Anniversary leads into Epcot's 40th Anniversary - and for that celebration, several new additions have already been opened. The refurbished Spaceship Earth, the Brava Centauri Space Restaurant, Guardians of the Galaxy: Energy Quest, The Life Around Us at the Harvest Theater, DuckTales World Showcase Adventure, Remember Me: A Coco Adventure, and Merida's Brave Journey.

However - those additions only scratch the surface of the Epcot Century III Expansion - which we've dubbed as the name for the restoration project ending in the Year 2024. This project was hinted at in the D23 conference, as they showed this concept art rendering of a potential new Future World - one with, surprisingly - no Innoventions.

At first we thought this was an odd choice, perhaps just because we are accustom to Innoventions being in Epcot and removing attractions seems like it would have the opposite effect intended to bring the park into the next generation. However, upon doing more research into it -- this is, in our view, a brilliant move because it completely flips the table on what Epcot and Future World in particular can be - and bridges off into more possibilities than a simple Innoventions refurbishment.

Future World Map - Century III Expansion

Epcot%2B2023.jpg

@MANEATINGWREATH I think I'm ready for your park map now
Above we have the concept map for the new Future World. The biggest thing that pops out is most likely the removal of Innoventions to go along with the concept art presented in the D23 convention in 2017. Around the new green open space are smaller pavilions, waterways, and hundreds of trees to make the area very green in appearance. Going towards the entrance as well, we see that the 'tombstones' aka - the Leave a Legacy monuments - are removed and more green space brings guests in from the entrance. Finally, you might notice a new resort in the top left -- we will get to that in a future installment!

Gardens of Wonder
Innoventions Replacement
InnovPlaza.jpg

Sometimes the recency effect can lead to thinking that Epcot has always been a certain way. To me, the center of Epcot (today) is a big waste of space -- and with only one fountain and a few bushes, is also lacking in green space. The original E.P.C.O.T. city -- was always intended to have plenty of greenery - as to me, not only is green energy the way of the future, but a more pleasant aesthetic to have futuristic plants and shrubbery, than staring at more of a chromatic concrete jungle.
the-original-epcot-F-4x3-750.jpg

Just taking from a small piece of the E.P.C.O.T. model - we can see the green belt, filled with parks and greenery that Walt Disney had always intended to be a part of his vision of the future. And going back to the mid-80s in Epcot -- the park followed through with plenty of green space compared to the current layout -- for example the front entrance -- which will be the part of the inspiration for the new entrance to Epcot (elaborated on in another post that will cover the new entrance to the park as well as the entrance resort)
20120610-125335.jpg

A Park Within A Park
trailfinders-australian-garden.jpeg

The purpose of Innoventions was to be a showcase of new technology and inventions - however the issue with it is that the technology showcased in the attractions, can be accessed in many other aspects of our lives. The last time I was in Innoventions - there were video games that one could just play at home. I felt that is just wasting space when we could get creative with it.

In addition - the teaser picture I posted a few replies ago (just scroll up a bit to see it) is a picture of just an empty hallway in Innoventions - with 25-30 foot tall vaulted ceilings...of nothing. With Sum of All Thrills closed (and the KUKA arm technology available in other places anyway) why continue to 'plus' these exhibits when instead we could simply remove it, and use the space as a wide open green belt of smaller pavilions and locations that serve a greater purpose to the theme of Future World. And, as an added bonus, the center spine of Epcot would feel much more like a park within a park! With at least 10x more benches and shady areas than the current configuration of the center spine, as well as small quick service venues throughout that allow guests to either eat indoors or underneath the canopies.
A futuristic organic restaurant called - The Green Belt - will be located within a pavilion in the Gardens of Wonder, serving a more unconventional theme park quick service food option - with organic salads sandwiches, and more
Hotel-Rrestaurant-Design-in-Futuristic-Nhow-Hotel-Interior-Design-by-Karim-Rashid.jpg

Another quick service venue 'ThinkDifferently' located near the Google sponsored New Horizons Pavilion at the tip of the Garden, takes inspiration from the new Google campus, with a tented archway over the quick-service venue that doubles as a new Food and Wine Pavilion tent that offers year-round tastes of the world. With soda machines powered by Google ingenuity and inspired by the 'Club Cool' area in the old Innoventions, you can simply type in a country of origin from over 100 options, and try a drink from that nation.
Google-Mountain-View-HQ-revised-plan-03-889x520.jpg

A quaint Starbucks coffee shop is built with greenery and timber into one of the small man-made hills adjacent to the 'ThinkDifferently' quick service venue, keeping the tradition of a Starbucks in each of the four Walt Disney World theme parks.
Starbucks-1-740x462.jpg

House of Tomorrow Pavilion
For instance, one of the better Innoventions exhibits was a short lived one in 2012, where you could walk through an energy efficient house of the future - why not have one of the pavilions in the new Gardens of the World Green Belt -- be a house of the future.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2012/03/vision-house.jpg
Not only would this be a innovative walk-through attraction, for a company like GE or Samsung to sponsor - but it could also be a permanent callback to the House of Tomorrow in Disneyland!
latest

New Horizons Pavilion
The New Horizons Pavilion will be at the tip of the Gardens of Wonder transitioning into World Showcase.
13012898_1337567869592042_96892136765258286_n.jpg

A domed yet eclectic building design - as guests walk inside they will be able to be immersed in an interactive augmented reality experience sponsored by Google. Inside, guests will be able to walk through a city-scape of tomorrow, inspired by the creative prowess of Walt Disney and his E.P.C.O.T. You'll be able to board a monorail to the center hub, walk out and interact with your environment using VR glasses, that take you out of the present and into the future - using new technology of the age.

Fountains, Statues, and Lighting
Furthermore, Future World used to have more innovative fountains and water elements, in particular by the Imagination Pavilion, as seen from this image of a nighttime fountain from 1985.
Epcot-Journey-Into-Imagination-Fountain-Night-2-3-24-1985-Chad-Erickson.jpg

Several water fountains with unique, whimsical designs will be included in the Gardens of the World, as well as an expanded waterway in Future World West that connects the three pavilions and wrapping around to Spaceship Earth. Also permeating the gardens will be statues to math, physics, biology and other influential scientific concepts that have shaped our world. An example of a statue would be something akin to the 'Thinking Man' shown below on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
jaume-plensa-mit-sculpture-john-parrillo_0.jpg

The lighting will also be something of note, as when the sun goes down - the Gardens of Wonder will transform into a neon spectacle that will be some serious competition for the nighttime effects of Pandora: The World of Avatar. Dark lights and other neon stimuli will light up around Future World, creating a colorful array of designs they truly bring it to life. Even the monorail track that goes around Future World will be affected by these lights, and glow similar to this image at the Disneyland Hotel pool.
faae11dc0395003d97c6f710fa5024fc.jpg

Overall --- this will completely redefine Future World for the next generation. While keeping many of the same elements of what Communicore and Innoventions meant to Epcot - the Gardens of the World flips those concepts around and puts them in a park setting that would be unlike anything ever seen in a Disney theme park before!

Thank you again for reading - let us know what you think - and check back tonight for another installment!:)

This is my favorite thing from this entire project so far! And that’s even with Epcot being something I only know through internet research. You’ve clearly put a lot of thought into Future World’s mission and aesthetic. A green future is something I too think is forward-thinking and fresh (image search “solarpunk”). Have these assorted WDW proposals been fermenting in your brain for a long time, or is this all semi-improvised work?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
This is my favorite thing from this entire project so far! And that’s even with Epcot being something I only know through internet research. You’ve clearly put a lot of thought into Future World’s mission and aesthetic. A green future is something I too think is forward-thinking and fresh (image search “solarpunk”). Have these assorted WDW proposals been fermenting in your brain for a long time, or is this all semi-improvised work?
I'm glad you liked it! Solarpunk is pretty cool - actually this might even be a better 'House of Tomorrow' Pavilion design!
SolarPunk-House-e1445698216771.jpg

For this project -- it's been a bit of both.

The original outline has always been based on the current news and rumors of upcoming projects, and was set in an order from the beginning. So we had a list of what we wanted to cover and the timeline to do it all in. For instance I know some people have been wondering when the Brazil Pavilion is coming -- trust me, it's coming!:p).

In addition to that, some concepts we've had for a while (the Contemporary Redo, Yacht/Beach DVCs, etc) and some inspired by past projects (Big Hero 6 show, Muppets Courtyard).

However, a majority of these individual proposals have been improv imagineering during the last 3 weeks and fit into the set timeline ourselves. This Future World one was unique though because it builds on itself...with the confirmed 'Space' restaurant coming in 2019, Guardians in 2021, but then we added in a Spaceship Earth redo and a Land redo as well..so by the time we get to Gardens of Wonder, we've got a more complete picture of the revamp!

It's definitely worked out better than either one of us thought in the beginning...it's been a lot of fun to create!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Can I also add to the restaurant for Brava that it would slowly spin while people eat (same mechanics as The Garden Grill)? Like maybe give the individual the feeling of being on a space station...just my thought on that.

Other than that, excellent work :)
That's a good idea! And actually based on the concept art it looks like a similar design to Garden Grill (having a curvature) so you may very well be right! :D

And thank you!
This is such a great project! Keep up the good work!
Thanks, DF!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Tomorrowland 2022 Part 4

Spring 2022
tomorrowland%2Bfinal.jpg

We talked about the Stitch's Great Escape replacement of Robinson Industries (a successor of sorts to Innoventions), the Big Hero 6 Operation Expo show replacing Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (an attraction with one of the most unfortunate acronyms), the Portal in Time tunnel addition to the Walt Disney World Railroad, The Grid Speedway, as well as the Tron Lightcycle Power Run roller coaster.

There are two more elements that are still left to be described, and one of those in particular has been fast tracked for a Spring 2022 opening date, the other shelved for a phase 2 expansion (more on that later). The main focus of the final leg of the Tomorrowland 2022 restoration project will be....
Carousel-of-Progress_Full_28471.jpg

The Carousel of Progress Update

*This has been a project I've had for some time since early 2016 , and it even was included in the Must Re-Do Disney competition earlier this fall. -- and I've always thought that this would make sense as an update.

It keeps the general premise of Carousel of Progress in tact, keeps an original scene so that the attraction always maintains a level of historical significance, yet also modernizes the finale to a more proper look into the future (not a future with car phones). Hope you enjoy!

Attraction Changes
The most elaborate part of the refurbishment will be to install 3 new show scenes to replace the 1920s, 1940s, and the finale scenes.

The first scene (1900s) will be kept just as is in honor of Walt Disney and the original incarnation. The 1920s scene will be changed to the 1950s, and the timeline will now jump 50 years instead of 20, in order to keep up with the times. The 1940s scene will be replaced with a scene at the start of the 21st century, the early 2000s, showing off the internet and other digital gadgets for a new age. The final scene will take place in the 2050s, looking ahead to the next century and beyond in a Horizons inspired finale. Additionally, the Valentine's Day, July, Halloween, and Christmas/Holiday scenes will also be kept, traveling throughout the calendar year through the scenes as well.

Furthermore, with the new scene progression being 1900s, 1950s, 2000s, 2050s and beyond...there will be additions throughout the attraction scenes in order to enhance the re-rideability.

Foremost, each scene will be equipped with alternate dialogue, with randomized order, so you will never experience the same attraction twice.

For example, in the first scene (1900s), the Father (John) explains that you can travel from New York to California in less than 7 days. In alternate versions, he may give a different fact, such as traveling from Boston to Miami, or Los Angeles to Chicago, etc. This pattern would follow suite with several of the other 'facts' that are told of the time periods throughout the ride, so every time you ride you learn something new about the time period.

Another note is the new facade to the building. With the addition of Tron to Tomorrowland and the turn away from a mechanical 'future that never was' vibe that the 90s Tomorrowland emanated, the Progressland pavilion from the World's Fair, with its domed chromatic architecture, would now fit in seamlessly with the new style of Tomorrowland, placed adjacent to Space Mountain and across from Tron's futuristic neon overhang.

Without further adieu, may the centuries begin!

Note that as described above, the 'facts' within the scenes will be randomized for any given guest. The script below is an example of one ride-through experience a guest might have.

ACT 1 - 1900s
timeline_1900s.png

(Birds chirping.)

FATHER (Spoken)
Yeah, it looks like the robins are getting ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day today. What year is it? Oh, right around the turn of the century. And believe me, things couldn’t be any better than they are today. Yes sir, buildings are towering now as high as twenty stories. And moving pictures flicker up on a big screen. We have almost 8,000 automobiles in this country, and we can travel by train from New York to California in less than seven days! And I even hear tell about two brothers from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work. Closer to home, we’ve now got gas lamps, a telephone, and the latest design in cast-iron stoves. And that reservoir keeps five gallons of water hot all day on just three buckets of coal. Oh boy, it sure beats chopping wood. And isn’t our new icebox a beauty? Look at that! Holds 50 pounds of ice. Milk doesn’t sour as quick as it used to. And our dog Rover here keeps the water in the drip pan from overflowing. It wasn’t too long ago we had to carry water from a well. And thanks to progress, we’ve got a pump right here in the kitchen. Of course, we keep a bucket of water handy to prime it with. Yes sir, we’ve got everything we need to make life easier.

(SARAH and YOUNGER DAUGHTER appear behind left scrim.)

FATHER
Say, mother?

SARAH
Mmm?

FATHER
I was reading about a fellow named Tom Edison who’s working on an idea for snap-on electric lights.

SARAH
Electric lights? No more kerosine! No more gas!

FATHER
(Chuckles.) Sarah sure gets to the core of the apple.

SARAH
But we do have this new washday marvel. Now, it takes me only five hours to do the wash. Imagine, it used to take two days.

FATHER
Oh, that’s right folks. Now Sarah has time for other things, like—

SARAH
Like canning and cleaning the oven?

FATHER
Yes dear.

SARAH
Well ovens just don’t clean themselves, you know, dear.

FATHER
I know dear. (Chuckles.) And they probably never will!

SARAH
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get the laundry off the line before it starts raining cats and dogs.

(ROVER barks. Blackout on left diorama.)

FATHER
Ah, don’t worry Rover. She didn’t mean real dogs. Besides, it’s not going to rain today. My lumbago isn’t acting up.

(Lightning and thunder outside as rain begins to fall.)

SARAH (Offstage)
I hate to say I told you so.

FATHER
Oh, look at it come down! All you have to do is put your wash on the line, right? Oh well, the cistern was low anyway.

(JIMMY appears behind right scrim, looking at stereoscope.)

JIMMY
Wowee! Look at that!

FATHER
Now James, I thought I told you to ask my permission before using my new stereoscope. That’s not a toy you know!

JIMMY
Ooh-la-la! So that’s Little Egypt doing the hoochie-koochie, eh Dad?

FATHER
Isn’t she a knockout? She’s the star of the new World’s Fair in St. Louis, and—(clears throat) now you put that away before your mother finds it.

JIMMY
Aw, Dad…

FATHER
You heard me!

(Blackout on diorama.)

FATHER
Well, we have one of those new talking machines. Now that is something. It plays music right here in our home.

(Lights up on left diorama, when GRANDMA sits listening to phonograph with her PARROT.)

RADIO (Singing)
There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day.

PARROT
(Squawk) She keeps that thing going all day long. (Squawk) Progress! (Squawk. Whistle).

(Lights out on left diorama as they come up on right diorama, where PATRICIA is sitting, half dressed.)

PATRICIA
Oh, papa!

FATHER
Yes Patricia?

PATRICIA
Papa! All these people! I’m… I’m indecent!

FATHER
(Chuckles.) Don’t worry, Patricia. They’re friends. (To Audience.) That’s our teenage daughter. She’s getting ready to go to a Valentine’s dance across town, on one of those new horseless trolleys.

PATRICIA
I think it’s very romantic you’re taking mother out for Valentine’s dinner this evening.

FATHER
Well, you know what kind of sport I am.

PATRICIA
I only hope I have an evening as romantic as yours and mother’s.

FATHER (Sternly)
Now you be home by nine o’clock, daughter. You hear me?

PATRICIA (Dejectedly)
Yes papa.

FATHER
Well, with all this talking, I’ve worked up quite a thirst. I think I’ll take one of those new-fangled trolleys down to the drugstore soda fountain and meet the boys for a cold sarsaparilla. Oh, haha, I’m sorry, I forgot—we’re drinking root beer now! Same kind of thing, different name. Well, that’s progress for you. And, uh, speaking of progress…

(Theater begins to rotate to Act II.)

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of every day
And tomorrow is just a dream away.

Man has a dream and that's the start
He follows his dream, with mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true, for you and me

So there's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

ACT II - 1950s
712d4f7f3311ef0aa13eb6b9dab9d754.jpg
FATHER
Well, what a summer we have here. We're past the half century mark and boy life couldn't be any easier. Thanks to progress, we have a lot more luxury in our home and our daily lives. Luxuries such as some channels in, color TV, in fact we watched the first ever broadcast of color TV broadcasting the Tournament of Roses Parade. TV has become such a fad now a days, they've even invented something called a TV diner. Fast, ready to go meals that we put into this new device called, a microwave oven. Television does play a large part in our home nowadays, imagine if they made 3D television! Haha, it'll never happen. We've got fast automobile transportation, a rat race, so it's called. We drive all the way into the city for work, and then drive all the way back when we're done, and I'm on the road with fellow rats doing the same thing. And I even hear tell that we may even be going into...outer space? Hah, that'll never happen, I'm fine here on the solid ground where progress has made life easy. Say Jimmy?

(JIMMY appears behind left scrim, watching television broadcast of the New York Yankees.)

JIMMY
Yeah Pop? What is it? Dang, the Yanks are taking it to the Cardinals. Mickey Mantle is just unstoppable.

FATHER
Son, have you helped your mother with the picnic basket?

MOTHER
No he hasn't

(MOTHER appears behind the right scrim, packing the bags)

JIMMY
But mom, the game's almost over...

MOTHER
Well, I may just forget to pack those Jell-O packs you like so much, or I may replace your soda with a diet No-Cal soda.

JIMMY
Ugh, I'm coming! Gosh why can't Paddy help?

FATHER
Jim, now don't bother your sister, she's preparing for her date to the drive-in theater, I guess she's too good for us now....

ROVER
Ruff Ruff

(PATRICIA appears behind the left scrim, talking on the phone)

PATRICIA
Oh Dan, he's such a show-off

(on the phone voice)
Well leave it to the hot-rodders, eh? Are you going to the movies with him tonight?

PATRICIA
Yeah aint that a bite

FATHER
Ah, Patricia looks like she's having boyfriend troubles in the fabulous 50s. With all these hot rod cars these kids drive around these days, it's easy to be impressed, but it's hard to find the right one. Something wrong Patricia?

PATRICIA
No, it's just he thinks he's Elvis Prestley and he doesn't want to chip in the 50 cents for the movies

FATHER
Haha, well Patricia the best advice I can give you is, look for the quiet and humble ones, that's what your mother looked for.

(MOTHER appears in the left brim)

MOTHER
Now John, you weren't so quiet yourself...you always had to be right

ROVER
Ruff Ruff

FATHER
Heh, easy Rover, I guess I don't remember that

JIMMY
Hey Mom, Dad, look at this!

(on the TV)

WALT DISNEY
To all who come to this happy place, welcome, Disneyland is your land"

FATHER
Woah, Disneyland is opening in California would you look at that. That fella Walt has some good pictures out as of late in the theaters, he's pushing the limits of progress, and heading into tomorrow. If we ever visit there, heh, I bet you the Land of Tomorrow will be my home. Because....

(Theater begins to rotate to Act III.)

Just a dream away

ACT III - 2000s
AE1EEA31-D0CD-BA81-BD9D2A7A20E94CD4.jpg
FATHER
Well, we're in the new century folks and boy has this world changed over the years. Heck, just in the last few decades, progress has reshaped basically every part of our life. Everything is automated these days. Even....

(toilet flush)

UNCLE ORVILLE
No privacy at all around this place!

FATHER
Sorry Orville, haha. Needless to say, a lot of things are taken for granted nowadays.The Red Sox finally broke the Curse of the Bambino and beat my old Cardinals in the World Series. Now if only the Cubs can win...heh, that'll never happen. We have these new movie screens called, IMAX. The screen is so big and real that it almost feels like you're in the movie! And with the 3D glasses, it makes it even more amazing! And that's not even touching all the ways that our home has seen progress since this century began. The World Wide Web has brought so much innovation into our home. Heck there's even this search engine called Google, where you can look up anything in the world, and in just seconds you get information on it...haha I doubt if they can sustain it.

Yeah we're living on easy street these days. And the world is growing in population each and every day. We may even hit 7 Billion people on this planet, and now, we can communicate from anywhere in the world, just watch this. Oh dear...

MOTHER
Yes, John?

FATHER
How's Patricia doing in college?

MOTHER
She's doing just fine, in fact we were just going to talk with her

(PATRICIA appears on computer screen in left scrim from college)

PATRICIA (annoyed)
Ugh Dad, why can't you just text me? Why do you have to call all the time!

FATHER
Patricia, haha I'm just showing these folks the power of the interwebs.

PATRICIA
Dad, it's called the internet. Ugh. I thought you were up to date on progress?

FATHER
I am Patricia, but this progress is moving faster than ever before and it's hard to keep up!

PATRICIA (laughing)
Like lol, dad like literally I'm going to have to show you how to sign-up for an e-mail for the 3rd time when I get back.

MOTHER
Oh your father and his e-mail.

FATHER
Hey now, who's the one who set up the automatic voice mail huh?

MOTHER
Um, John, that voice comes with the answering machine, remember I asked you to record your voice? You certainly like to talk a lot...

FATHER
I see I'm not getting any help from you...Jimmy, how are you doing with your video games?

(JIMMY appears in the right brim sitting in his bedroom staring at his TV screen)

JIMMY
Dad, I'm crushing it. These games are so much better than your old pong games.

FATHER
Hey now, pong is better than this junk you kids play these days. You sit inside all day, what's so great about that?

JIMMY
Yeah well, now we have better graphics and everything! And in color too! Dad I get outside, remember that drone a showed you?

FATHER
Heh, yeah, we have these personal flying vehicles nowadays. They are amazing!

JIMMY
Yeah my YouTube channel gets so many views every time I post a drone video!

FATHER
Well YourTube is great and all, but just how many websites can there be?

JIMMY
YouTube, Dad...

MOTHER
I love that Facebook, that's how I found that night job remember John? An ad on Facebook?

FATHER
Yes I remember dear. Heh that was great, but why does nobody like my posts?

(GRANDMOTHER voice is heard from the right scrim)

GRANDMOTHER
Because you post about progress by the time everyone already knows, son! What really sells are these funny cats videos that I post.

MOTHER
Grandma has more Twitter followers than some top celebrities!

ROVER
Ruff Ruff!

FATHER
Gesh, I guess I need to keep up with the times. Well as we head on into the 21st century, in this technological age, progress is moving faster than ever. We're going to have a lot of visionaries in the 21st century, that's for sure, and everything and anything we could imagine, is just a dream away. Come on, you know the words let's sing further into the 21st century...

(Theater begins to rotate to Act IV.)

Just a dream away

ACT IV - 2050s and Future
Horizons+-+Phase+6.png
(ENTER a futuristic house with the Progress City silhouette in the background through the window. )

FATHER
If you can dream it, you can do it. That's the motto of progress that's lead us here and into the next decades of innovation and discovery. Just celebrating the holiday season in anticipation of the new year, and all the creations that are just around the corner.

JIMMY
Like Grandma creating a way to give me back my virtual reality video games

MOTHER
Now kids don't fight

JIMMY
But Mom, she's had for hours

FATHER
Jimmy, let your Grandma have fun with it

JIMMY
Where are you even going Grandma?

MOTHER
Well here, hook it up wirelessly to the TV so we can all see.

(TV goes on - Grandma in outer space)

JIMMY
Woah Grandma you're really good at this game

GRANDMA
Sure am!

GRANDPA
Heh, you kids got it easy these days...not only with everything wireless, but transportation, that peoplemover system is something else, heh, John remember all those days driving into work in the rat race

FATHER
I can't forget it. Progress has really made the commute much better. With innovations in transportation, it's really simple to take the peoplemover or the monorail into the city. No stress and energy efficient

PATRICIA
Speaking of energy efficient, Dad, did you see the new lights I gave you for the holidays

FATHER
Yes I did Patricia, thank you, now I can control all the lights in the house with just one switch, and they last longer too! I can only thank Thomas Edison for starting all of this.

MOTHER
Like you say John, it only takes one idea

FATHER
It sure does Sarah, one idea that can manifest into dreams coming true.

JIMMY
Dad did you see on the news that the Mars colony is almost complete.

FATHER
I did Jimmy, and it looks amazing. You never know what's on the horizon. And it goes to show you that progress only happens when we dream big, inspire others, and dedicate ourselves to our goals. The future is bright and it's just a dream away

ROVER
Ruff Ruff

FATHER
Haha that's right Rover. To the 22nd century and beyond...

(Theater begins to rotate to the conclusion.)

Just a dream away

List of Hidden Mickeys and Easter Eggs
Act II
- Above the TV there is a Mickey Mouse shaped flower arrangement
- The salt and pepper arrangements in the kitchen are shaped like Mickey

Act III
- Jimmy's video game console has a mickey symbol on it
- Patricia's college is called Progress City University

Act IV
- There's a Fantasia poster (like the previous incarnation)
- There's Mickey Mouse gift wrap paper under the tree
- A mickey mouse stuffed animal is hiding under the tree
- There's a mickey ornament hanging on the tree
- There's a mickey symbol in the clouds above Progress City in the window.

-----------

With this, we come to the end of our 49th entry for the 50 for the 50th. The 50th entry to this project will be something that many have been waiting for, followed by a recap video taking a look back at all of the progress we have made in Walt Disney World to this point.

Since @MonorailRed and myself have really enjoyed this experimental imagineering project -- we're going to extend the project after Christmas for some 'bonus' content and future years! Culminating in a 10 Year Master Plan all the way to 2028. So while this next project is the end, it's really just the start of a new beginning, as even in these last 49 projects we have left hints and teasers unanswered for future years.

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoy the upcoming 50th finale entry to the project tonight!:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Brazil Pavilion - Finale

Summer 2022
brazil.png

Rumored to be arriving in Epcot around 2022, the Brazil Pavilion (or as aptly rhymed - the Brazilian Pavilion) will be the 12th addition to the World Showcase, joining the ranks of Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, America, Japan, Morocco, France, UK, and Canada. It is a project that we had been working on for some time, since April I think, and will finally be coming to fruition at the end of our 50 for the 50th thread!

The concept art below is inspired by an illustration found from an insider, Lee, on this site, and is of a rumored Brazil Pavilion with a bit of a personal touch. It will be what guests see when entering the pavilion from the World Showcase promenade.
4037263557615411509%253Faccount_id%253D9

Brazil Pavilion Layout
33803886475_34e151659d_b.jpg

From the map illustration above, the location of the pavilion is in-between China and Germany (on the left and right respectfully). While rumors have it stationed between Germany and Italy (in the space to the right of the Germany Pavilion) with the finale here, we wanted to ensure that the pavilion had an attraction worth-while.

Unfortunately, rumors of the Brazil Pavilion as it currently stands might have it open without an attraction. Nevertheless, for such an eclectic nation and the first new nation in World Showcase since the 80s, we wanted to give it a proper introduction.

As you walk into the pavilion you are immersed in a small-town village of Brazil and can see the Christ the Redeemer statue in the distance, as you round the corner, the pathway winds even more towards the shops and the main restaurant of the pavilion - Boa Comida.
meats1.jpg

With Le Cellier on the opposite side of the World Showcase Lagoon, a second restaurant specializing in authentic Brazilian steak will open the Brazil Pavilion called Boa Comida. Specializing Tri-tip sirloin steak, the restaurant also has other menu items of seafood, pastas, and more all unique to Brazilian cuisine.

Journey Through the Amazon

The main character of the adventure is José Carioca, the Brazilian cigar-smoking parrot from the Three Caballeros. With the replacement of the Three Caballeros in the Mexico Pavilion with the insertion of Coco, the characters have found their way to the Brazil Pavilion and into this attraction. With a decent portion of the film taking place in South America - and this being the only South American Pavilion in World Showcase, the connection is seamless and will be a natural transition from pavilion to pavilion.

The Entrance Mural
brazilian-forest-nelson-caramico.jpg

(thanks to @S.P.E.W and @Brer Oswald for some prior inspiration for this attraction)

As you queue for Journey Through the Amazon and wait to board your boat to venture out into the Jungle, there is a large painted mural on the loading side, reminiscent of another former attraction close by to Brazil. Maelstrom, the former attraction where Frozen Ever After sits today, once has a decadently sprawling mural over the load area of Norway. In this attraction. the canvas will also spread over the queue area, further immersing you as you go out on your journey. The attraction as mentioned before will feature José Carioca in several scenes as you follow him around scenic points of Brazil, where he may even run into some colorful characters along the way. On the adventure, your boat will take you on a magical and mythical journey through the Amazon, from the folklore of Brazil to the majesty of its natural wonders, and finally to the modern communities of Brazil, before heading back into the Amazon to unload. The Boa Comida table service restaurant sits adjacent to the initial scenes of the attraction - similar to Pirates of the Caribbean in Disneyland and Coco in the Mexico Pavilion. The load area takes place on the 2nd floor of the pavilion, along with the restaurant, and one drop during the attraction, with the guests ascending up a motorized incline back to the loading station (again similar to Pirates in Disneyland)

Attraction Layout
33740228392_dff8573ed7_b.jpg

Ride-Through
Curupira.png

Rounding the corner in the forest you see a curupira in the distance. The curupira is a creature of the forest visualized as short like a boy with his feet reversed, and with the toes pointing to the back. He is the protector of animals and trees, and according to the legend, will lead hunters and other invaders of his domain astray. In the state of São Paulo, the curupira is the official symbolic protector of the forests and all the animals that live in them. This mythological animatronics waves at you and guides you down a small waterfall. From the restaurant you can see the beginning of the drop, but then the boats dive down to the bottom floor and the ride is now hidden.
saludos-amigos-movie-poster-1942-1020266947.jpg

After the waterfall, the scene transitions to the colorful characters from Saludos Amigos, and you encounter the Three Caballeros as their theme song begins to play through the rainforest. Through visual cues in a set design (similar to the video screens in the Mexico attraction) you sing and dance along with Jose, Donald, and Panchito, through the wonders of the Amazon. As you round the corner, you look up at a massive waterfall, showing the guests where they just were. You had actually begun the journey on top of Iguazu Falls
Argentina-Iguazu-Falls-Walking-Tour-1600x900.jpg

As Donald and Panchito lead you back to the village - you see the Christ the Redeemer statue in the distance, and the glowing nighttime lights of Rio de Janerio. With the song, Saludos Amigos, now playing in the background the attraction concludes with a panoramic view of the harbor and an ascent back to the loading dock.
HH_christredeemer01_10_1270x560_FitToBoxSmallDimension_RightCenter.jpg

----------

Overall, the Brazil Pavilion - rumored to be coming to Epcot around 2022 for the 40th Anniversary - will be a welcome addition to the World Showcase and hopefully a sign of more pavilions to come.

----------------
And thus is the 50th entry on our 50 for the 50th journey! A recap of the project will be coming soon (as well as a little entertainment surprise from @MonorailRed ) --

We sincerely hope you've enjoyed reading along with us as much as we have enjoyed imagineering this content here. This is something new that we were trying for the first time and learned and adapted to new techniques along the way that we will hopefully use in the future! I tried to even inject a bit of my terrible sense of dry humor into some of these posts to liven it up a bit:p

If there were aspects for the future that you liked, didn't like, think we can improve - please feel free to comment below! It has been a pleasure and as mentioned before - while this is the end of one journey -- it is just the beginning! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom