50 (Creative) Things We Love About WDW!

Pongo

Original Poster
So, in honor of the 50th, let's start a new, NOT survival-type thread on here.

This one is pretty straight forward. Let's make a list of the 50 things we LOVE about Walt Disney World. Or more than 50, since I know it will get that high.

The catch: Nothing cliché. Nothing along the lines of "I like such and such ride." Because Disneyland has reached it's 50th birthday, we should some imaginaton! Come up with something really good. And only one post/one thing per person, period, until we get to fifty. After we hit fifty, anyone can fire away until his or her heart is content.

I will start:

1. When I wake up on a misty, fragrant morning at Fort Wilderness in my tent and realize there is a doe grazing in the bushes outside my campsite. And a few bunnies too.

CaliSurfer182

2.) The way you wake up on property all refreshed, but your heart stops because you think your vacation is over. Then you realize you have one more magical day left, and the whole world just seems to sing to you, and WDW just looks all that much more magical.

SteveUK

3.) How about that unusual feeling that there genuinely is nowhere on Earth you would rather be. I can honestly say that being in WDW is the only time when I really can't think of anywhere better to be.

CaliSurfer182

4.) Not telling your kids (or maybe even your spouse) where you are going, and then watching their faces light-up after you pass through those WDW front gates.

CAPTAIN HOOK

5) How about that feeling you get, when you just can't contain that lump in your throat and your eyes start to fill, yet you have no idea why.................after all, its only a castle :)

stitch82

7) Walking into the Magic Kingdom, and hearing the familiar sounds and smelling the unique scent of Main Street.

And then being asked if you want your picture taken...;)

CaliSurfer182

8.) Going inside the parks to see the rides you grew up with and loved, taking your kids on these rides, and then seeing them fall in love with the magic of these rides.

lady_vor

Magical World

Watching the tall beautiful fountains in Epcot, looking up at Spaceship Earth, and looking far down the concrete paths (making you feel like a little speck in a huge magical world).

Slipknot

10) The looks you get from other visitors while walking around one of the parks with a huge turkey leg in your hand. :slurp:

S_Grise

SteveUK said:
3.) How about that unusual feeling that there genuinely is nowhere on Earth you would rather be. I can honestly say that being in WDW is the only time when I really can't think of anywhere better to be.
That IS a good one!
12. Walking into MK at opening and seeing Mickey standing there, waiting to greet you before you walk under the train trestle.

TiggerBW

13. Watching Fantasmic, seeing Mickey defeat Maleficent and triumphantly and miraculously appear at the top of the mountain then magically move to the bottom in a second - tearing up because you are just so proud of your hero!

S_Grise

17. How about the first morning when you wake up on site... a little confused at first, and then you remember... I'M AT DISNEY WORLD!!!!

MommytoMJM

Ppl often ask me if the magic wears thin with being able to go so often, but I an honestly say that it gets better each and every time.

18. For us the neatest thing is walking into the parks and being greeted like family by CM's we know....

19. Seeing MJ hug a CM and brighten their day!

surfsupdon

20) Watching a wedding ceremony at the Yacht Club Gazebo and seeing the look of joy on everyone's face and being happy for them even though you ahve never seen either family in your entire life.

And it's an added bonus when a horse drawn carriage drives in the bride.

Magical, even for strangers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom