5 Things you would add/remove from WDW

micdisney

Original Poster
What are 5 things you would want to add or remove from WDW. My 5 are

1. Bring back 20,00 Leagues
2. Bring back the Skyway
3. Add more attractions to Hollywood Studios
4. Build a Tower of Terror Hotel that you can actually stay at
5. Keep Maelstrom which I know won't happen but you can dream.

G00fyDad

My 5 are:

1. FIX EPCOT (Put it back to the design/feel it had in the 80's)
2. Bring back the Skyway in Magic Kingdom
3. Add a third country in Animal Kingdom
4. Get rid of Frozen in Norway
5. Add more value options for the resorts that do not cost the same as a moderate. (I'm looking at YOU Art of Animation!) :D

micdisney

Original Poster
My 5 are:

1. FIX EPCOT (Put it back to the design/feel it had in the 80's)
2. Bring back the Skyway in Magic Kingdom
3. Add a third country in Animal Kingdom
4. Get rid of Frozen in Norway
5. Add more value options for the resorts that do not cost the same as a moderate. (I'm looking at YOU Art of Animation!) :D
Would you ever want to build EPCOT as Walt envisioned it? As an actual city.

G00fyDad

Would you ever want to build EPCOT as Walt envisioned it? As an actual city.

Absolutely not. It would have been a logistical nightmare and would have always looked like an experiment. I would like to have the EPCOT we have today with the layout, signage, and theme the same as the 80's.

danyoung56

As much as I enjoy Epcot the park, I'd really love to have seen what Walt would have done with E.P.C.O.T. the city. Once he died, I think the company did the right thing by changing the concept. Without Walt's drive and innovation, the project as designed was doomed to fail.

steviej

As much as I enjoy Epcot the park, I'd really love to have seen what Walt would have done with E.P.C.O.T. the city. Once he died, I think the company did the right thing by changing the concept. Without Walt's drive and innovation, the project as designed was doomed to fail.

see: Celebration, FL

G00fyDad

No, definitely not. But I've always thought the WDC was trying to execute his vision of what he had in mind for EPCOT

I see your point, but if we look at it like that you could say that the entirety of WDW is an example of his vision for EPCOT. Fully functioning city operations and people living there that work in the complex. Just doesn't have that H.G Wells feel to it all. :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

It would only have been possible if it were home to a giant call center. The logistics could only handle a cubical based work environment for density of jobs and peak transportation times. I would have found it to be a living hell of existence with the zoning and lifestyle that it would impose in its inhabitants. Habitrail for people.

micdisney

Original Poster
It would only have been possible if it were home to a giant call center. The logistics could only handle a cubical based work environment for density of jobs and peak transportation times. I would have found it to be a living hell of existence with the zoning and lifestyle that it would impose in its inhabitants. Habitrail for people.
Would you change the EPCOT we have now or keep it as is?

Rinx

1) Remove South American tour groups and Pop Warner, etc.
2) Remove Frozen from everything and everywhere except Fairytale Hall
3) Return Studios to actual backlots and production sets whilst adding a few more attractions
4) Turn Innoventions into an exposition featuring the latest technology from around the world and constantly updating it (ie short contracts)
5) Bring back the Fort Wilderness Rail Road

micdisney

Original Poster
1) Remove South American tour groups and Pop Warner, etc.
2) Remove Frozen from everything and everywhere except Fairytale Hall
3) Return Studios to actual backlots and production sets whilst adding a few more attractions
4) Turn Innoventions into an exposition featuring the latest technology from around the world and constantly updating it (ie short contracts)
5) Bring back the Fort Wilderness Rail Road
Nice List. I agree with all of those things as well.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Would you change the EPCOT we have now or keep it as is?

Its current theme indeed is a bit muddled, but the overarching theme of regional variations in culture in the World Showcase is still pretty well received. Dedicating that wide middle swath to technology has always been problematic CommuniCore/Innovations suffered/ers from rapid change in technology that's also driving societal change as displayed in the Carousel of Progress.

I'd keep it

Weather_Lady

My Top 5 would be:
1) Bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2) Build a new E-ticket bobsled attraction themed around "Frozen," either in MK or HS, and leave Epcot's Norway as it was
3) Fix the Yeti
4) Bulldoze Dinoland (retaining the Dinosaur attraction) and build Beastly Kingdom instead of Avatarland
5) Discontinue Stitch's Great Escape as an attraction -- instead, use it as an enforcement tool. Anyone caught cutting lines, using a stroller as a battering ram, or engaging in other Disney sins will have their MagicBand deactivated, be strapped into their chair in the Stitch auditorium and made to experience Stitch's Great Escape, over and over, for a couple of hours or more (with the length of their sentence depending on the severity of their infraction). Once their sentence has been served, their MagicBand will be reactivated and they may continue on their way, having paid their debt to society, with a complimentary chili dog as a parting gift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom