5 in a VWL 1 BR

Phonedave

Original Poster
There will be 5 of us (two adults, three kids 6, 10, 13) going in June.

I know Jambo has 1BR units that sleep 5, but I have heard that it is OK to put 5 into the VWL units as well. By OK I mean permitted, not as in you can sneak one in.

I realize that they will not have the sleeper chair, so I will have to bring an air mattress if this is the case.

Are 5 people indeed allowed in VWL?

I would much rather perfer VWL over Jambo house.

Thanks

tjkraz

DVC currently permits 5 occupants of any age in all One Bedroom villas EXCEPT AKV Value.

Like you said, no bed for the 5th person but they will let you list him/her on the reservation. You'll get a room key, DDP, DME, etc. for all 5 people.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
DVC currently permits 5 occupants of any age in all One Bedroom villas EXCEPT AKV Value.

I called my cousin on that one. His wife, three girls (12,14,18), and himself are all booked at Jambo Value in December in a one bedroom. Maybe because the season they allowed that?

Phonedave

Original Poster
I called my cousin on that one. His wife, three girls (12,14,18), and himself are all booked at Jambo Value in December in a one bedroom. Maybe because the season they allowed that?

I believe that it is Kidani Village Values specificaly.

I could be wrong but I thought all 1B in Jambo have 5 beds and all 1B except value in Kidani have 5 beds.

-dave

tjkraz

That goes against Disney's supposed policy...but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Occupancy limits on Value rooms are supposed to be much more rigidly enforced due to the smaller size of those rooms. The Value rooms are about 5' shorter (distance from front entry to balcony) than other rooms. Doesn't sound like much but the loss of space adds-up. No sleeper chair and the furniture is packed in pretty snugly.

It's certainly fine to try booking 5 in a Value room, but I'm not sure it will be consistently allowed.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I believe that it is Kidani Village Values specificaly.

-dave

It is in Jambo.

That goes against Disney's supposed policy...but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Occupancy limits on Value rooms are supposed to be much more rigidly enforced due to the smaller size of those rooms. The Value rooms are about 5' shorter (distance from front entry to balcony) than other rooms. Doesn't sound like much but the loss of space adds-up. No sleeper chair and the furniture is packed in pretty snugly.

It's certainly fine to try booking 5 in a Value room, but I'm not sure it will be consistently allowed.

It just jumped out at me since you said that. I did not know the exact difference so thanks!

dizzney

we've done 5 in a one bedroom at BWV and BLT numerous times, we have an electric blow up mattress in our owners locker together with twin sheets.

Our DD12 sleeps on that while her twin DS12 and big bro DS20 get the pull out.

Never had an issue, theres plenty of room for it too

Lodge Lover

Although they will allow 5 on the reservation, its my understanding that the 5th person will not receive pillows, blankets, towels. Just be sure to bring those extra items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom