5 days at Disney, which park do you choose for that extra day?

DfromATX

We have a 5-day trip coming up next June - Yippee!! The question is where to spend the extra day - at MK or AK? My family of 6 voted and it was tied. Our kids range from 15 to 21 (so no little ones).

We are all very excited to see Pandora, but still not sure it's now a 2-day park, or am I wrong? Did Pandora change things for AK? Personally, MK is my favorite so I could easily spend 2 days there. What would you do? I didn't include Epcot or HS because we are for sure only going there for one day each. I wish we could decide after we go the first time, but you know, with fast passes and dining, that's not possible.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Here's an idea....lol. Why not split the day up and do both? I would use the Fastpasses in AK due to Pandora though.

We don't do park hoppers. Otherwise, we probably would. But, I have since asked my family and they are all ok with MK twice, so all is well.

Upvote 0

youngdeb

We are going for 5 days in Feb/March. We are doing 2 MK days and one day at each of the other parks. We have a 5 and will be 3 year old so MK has more to offer IMO for my 3 year old, although I'm sure she's going to be in awe of all the animals at AK.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Original Poster
We are going for 5 days in Feb/March. We are doing 2 MK days and one day at each of the other parks. We have a 5 and will be 3 year old so MK has more to offer IMO for my 3 year old, although I'm sure she's going to be in awe of all the animals at AK.

MK and AK are our favorite two parks. There is no doubt that MK could easily be two days for us. I feel like with 2 days we will be able to take it all in and not rush. Before Pandora was built, we considered AK a half-day park, although my kids still love it. They can ride EE over and over. I guess now it'll be a full-day park for us. Actually, there are things we love at all the parks.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Do you have park hoppers? If so, split the 2 parks, starting at the park that has EMH (if one of the 2) and then ending at the other park/ending at the park with the latest closing time.

If you are going sans park hopper, I'd consider splitting up and letting those who want to do MK go there and those who want AK go there. But if you aren't wanting to split, I'd say "majority rules" and go to the park that has the most votes (hopefully that would be the MK since that park takes longer to do things in). Good luck!

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Original Poster
Do you have park hoppers? If so, split the 2 parks, starting at the park that has EMH (if one of the 2) and then ending at the other park/ending at the park with the latest closing time.

If you are going sans park hopper, I'd consider splitting up and letting those who want to do MK go there and those who want AK go there. But if you aren't wanting to split, I'd say "majority rules" and go to the park that has the most votes (hopefully that would be the MK since that park takes longer to do things in). Good luck!

I did another vote. During the first vote it was 3 for MK and 3 for AK. For the second vote, 2 of the AK votes came around to MK and I got one "I don't care." So... Magic Kingdom it is! :D

Upvote 0

rob0519

For us it would be MK or a combination of Typhoon Lagoon in the morning/afternoon and the rest of the day in MK. If we didn't have park hoppers it would be just MK.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Mk for sure. I was underwhelmed with AK and Pandora (gasp!!! I know!!) We just did 5 days with a no plan day in the middle. With AK I felt like we were searching for ways to fill our time like we could easily do in mk.

Upvote 0

Po'Rich

It seems like you really want to go to MK, so that's where you probably should go. For others who might be looking at this forum, I'd say it depends on your views of AK. If you viewed AK as a "half-day park" before Pandora, then a day will be enough. For me, AK is my favorite park. I would easily choose AK for my second day (but I may look to pick up a tour, like Caring for Giants or Backstage Tales, on the second day)

Upvote 0

RHCP Mickey

I know you don't have park-hoppers, but as a general helpful hint, after a morning at AK, it's great to leave the park, drive 5 minutes down to 192, and hit up Chuy's, Chick-Fil-A, or Miller's for a quality, and air-conditioned lunch. In my experience, the restaurants down there always have plenty of tables available. Excellent way to eat your fill, grab a cold one, and recharge for the afternoon/evening without killing your wallet.

Upvote 0

DfromATX

Original Poster
I know you don't have park-hoppers, but as a general helpful hint, after a morning at AK, it's great to leave the park, drive 5 minutes down to 192, and hit up Chuy's, Chick-Fil-A, or Miller's for a quality, and air-conditioned lunch. In my experience, the restaurants down there always have plenty of tables available. Excellent way to eat your fill, grab a cold one, and recharge for the afternoon/evening without killing your wallet.

We don't drive and we already have plans to try the Satuli Canteen anyway. We actually like eating at Disney - it's part of the fun for us. But, I am surprised Florida has a Chuy's. I did not know that.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom