5/20-5/30/06 Great vacation

Hi all

We went as a group of 7:
DH, DD (6y) and myself
my sister and her husband
sister's friend and her daughter (8y)

We stayed in POP Century Resort, room #4139 in the 60's building.

Arrived late on 5/20.
5/21- Started the day at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. This was a surprise for my DD (6y). She got pretty excited when she was given a cell phone (beeper) and a brochure with her name on it. She enjoyed every part of her beauty makeover. She chose the Diva look, and also wanted a tiara, so they told me to buy it, which I did and they put the tiara also. Then we went to Disney Quest for the rest of the day. Dinner was on Chef Mickey in Contemporary.

5/22- Magic Kingdom. Park was VERY crowded. Although we were able to ride our favorite rides, we couldn't go into any rides of Fantasyland. Lines were very long for us (over 60 minutes). Lunch was at Cinderella Royal Table, and let me comment about this. They have a new method, in which you pay beforehand, and they include a portrait package. We were a group of 7, consisting of three different families. When we got to the photo line, the CM told me that as a group only 2 portraits were included in the dining. I immediately told her about us being 3 different families, and that we needed separates pictures because we didn't live together, the CM told me that was the way it was, then I calmly told her that the reservation was made by my sister and that this was not told to her, and that if we knew about it, we would've made separate reservations, she understood and gave us the 3 portraits. Saw wishes for the first time and it was OK. I am not a big fireworks fan.

5/23- Animal Kingdom- Started the day with breakfast in Breakfastosaurus, which was pretty good. Food looked and tasted excellent. But the characters were in kind of a hurry, they tried to pose for pictures with all of the group instead of each of us. I don't pretend for characters to pose with each of us (7), but with each child and my sister, just 3 pictures. We had to grab Donald and Mickey, because after one of the pictures they would just try to walk away. Then Expedition Everest, it was awesome, we had Fast Pass before making the 30 minutes line, so we got to ride it again. Everyone enjoyed it. A bird got in the way in Kilimanjaro, and wouldn't move, it was funny to see the bird just standing there.
5/24- Universal Studios- Let me tell you that the commercials made by them, instead of bringing people to their parks, are sending the people to Disney. Universal was a lot less crowded that Disney Parks, we almost didn't make any lines. So after being mad with their commercials, I am glad they are making people go to Disney, :p :p. I don't enjoy going to Universal, so that's it.
5/25- Went shopping
5/26- Typhoon Lagoon- Started in Crush N Gusher, rode it twice and it was awesome, just a bit too short for the wait. Still is a good ride. Went through the park. My DD got with us into Shark Reef, which I thought she wasn't going to do. She enjoyed it and didn't want to get out of the water. Now I have to take her snorkeling here.
5/27- MGM This park was crowded :brick:. Star Wars weekends really attract people. Got fast passes for Rock N roller so we rode it twice. When we got to ask for the signature fast passes, they were all given out for the day. Still got to see Anakin, and Warwick, but no signature from them.:cry: In the evening we went to Magic Kingdom to pick up our VMK quest rewards.
5/28- EPCOT Which was also very crowded. While we were waiting for Crush, my DH went to Soarin for fast passes,thanks to him we could ride it. Wait was more than 2 hours. We had lunch in Garden Grill, which was good, our server was excellent, he played with the girls and was very kind with us. We had two rounds of the characters, which was pretty cool. Ended the day with a 60 minute wait in Test Track.
5/29- Magic Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Animal Kingdom- Went to Fantasyland, which we couldn't go on 5/22, we could ride everything. Lines were not long. Lunch in Pinocchio. Left for Blizzard. And went to Animal Kingdom for EMH.
5/30- Sad day, return home

POP Century- We liked this hotel better than the All Stars. The room was a little bit larger. But I have to mention the negatives, I don't know what was happening to the maid assigned to our room. :( First of all, she didn't leave any soap, I had to call and ask for it, obviously they bring it to our room, but I think is rude for us to return to our room very late at night and just have to wait until housekeeping brings us soap so we can have a bath. :brick: Also, I think she never changed the bedding, she only straightened the cover and that's it. When we pulled our cover, the pillows were as we left them and the sheets were all wrinkled as we left them when we woke up. She didn't even straighten the sheets, that was very unacceptable. I didn't say anything because I was leaving my laptop computer and other valuable stuff in the room, and was afraid that if I say something the maid would do something to our stuff. I also asked my sister and her friend who were in 2 separate rooms in other floor, and this didn't happened to them.:eek: I guess we had a maid in bad mood:mad: , or just didn't enjoy what she does for living.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?&mode=fromsite&collid=34136377310.58447377310.1149169056845&conn_speed=1

http://www.kodakgallery.com/MyGallery.jsp?&UAUTOLOGIN_ID=34136377310

maggiegrace1

Sounds like you had a good time...the mousekeeping only changes sheets every 4 days unless asked to do more..We saw that on the paper when we went to POP in april...

mayrag

Original Poster
Magelet7 said:
I just got back from my trip and I stayed in #4129 at pop.

My trip 27-31st. :wave: Howdy neighbor!

Hey, cool. We were just a few rooms away...
DId you noticed that people doesn't sleep in POP, when we got to the hotel at around 11-12mn, people were in the pool like it was 4pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom