4x-5x shopping

Septbutterflies

Original Poster
Hi all!

Going to WDW Dec 17th. My husband is a rather large guy (almost 7 ft, 400 lbs). Does anyone know any stores at the parks or Disney Springs that sell 4x-5x men's Disney apperal?
TIA!

-Amanda

disney4life2008

I am a 5x 6x. Unfortunately, it is severely limited. Sometimes if you ask they may have the sizes in the back. But rarely. I have had some success at world of Disney. I am at magic kingdom now and will look before I leave and report back

Goofyernmost

Hi all!

Going to WDW Dec 17th. My husband is a rather large guy (almost 7 ft, 400 lbs). Does anyone know any stores at the parks or Disney Springs that sell 4x-5x men's Disney apperal?
TIA!

-Amanda
I am a 5x 6x. Unfortunately, it is severely limited. Sometimes if you ask they may have the sizes in the back. But rarely. I have had some success at world of Disney. I am at magic kingdom now and will look before I leave and report back
Even 2X and 3X is very limited on site. Once in awhile you will find one but, not often. Your best bet if you can get offsite is to go to Walmart or Target. They have a much bigger selection and a wider range of sizes. I know that Disney will hate to hear this, but, it has been my experience that the quality offsite is also better at half the price or even less. P.S. They are official Disney branded/sanctioned apparel. If you can't get to them try the Disney online store. They usually have access to everything in the Disney line.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Even 2X and 3X is very limited on site. Once in awhile you will find one but, not often. Your best bet if you can get offsite is to go to Walmart or Target. They have a much bigger selection and a wider range of sizes. I know that Disney will hate to hear this, but, it has been my experience that the quality offsite is also better at half the price of even less. P.S. They are official Disney branded/sanctioned apparel. If you can't get to them try the Disney online store. They usually have access to everything in the Disney line.

Agree 100%. Walmart around Disney has Disney items. Though, i understand as a big man myself I want to buy t-shirts on property. Sometimes price doesn't matter.

Goofyernmost

Agree 100%. Walmart around Disney has Disney items. Though, i understand as a big man myself I want to buy t-shirts on property. Sometimes price doesn't matter.
Oh, I know that some want to, however, Disney doesn't go very big in supporting the bigger person, so they are very hard to find. They have to charge more for bigger sizes because they have to pay more and they already charge an arm and a leg beyond the real value. They just don't carry a big inventory of larger sizes. It is mentioned here many times just how fat and lazy the current Disney guest is, so if that is true, they are missing out on a huge (tee hee) market.

disney4life2008

Oh, I know that some want to, however, Disney doesn't go very big in supporting the bigger person, so they are very hard to find. They have to charge more for bigger sizes because they have to pay more and they already charge an arm and a leg beyond the real value. They just don't carry a big inventory of larger sizes. It is mentioned here many times just how fat and lazy the current Disney guest is, so if that is true, they are missing out on a huge (tee hee) market.

Fat and lazy?

We have found 4x and 5x mostly at the World of Disney Store, generally in the dated t-shirts that have the current generic design. There have also been some at Mouse Gear and once at the Mercantile at Wilderness Lodge we found some 5x t-shirts. Outside of T-shirts there isn't much at all for larger guests. Also check out the t-shirt place at Disney Springs where you design your own shirt. It has the larger sizes in some styles and colors and while it costs more than off the rack shirts, it is uniquely yours.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have found 4x and 5x mostly at the World of Disney Store, generally in the dated t-shirts that have the current generic design. There have also been some at Mouse Gear and once at the Mercantile at Wilderness Lodge we found some 5x t-shirts. Outside of T-shirts there isn't much at all for larger guests. Also check out the t-shirt place at Disney Springs where you design your own shirt. It has the larger sizes in some styles and colors and while it costs more than off the rack shirts, it is uniquely yours.

Was at WoD a coupke weeks ago and can confirm. In the general merchandise i rarely found 2x or 3x. In the generic yearly themed merchandise there were larger sizes.

I also think their sizes run on the small side.

Septbutterflies

Original Poster
A
Even 2X and 3X is very limited on site. Once in awhile you will find one but, not often. Your best bet if you can get offsite is to go to Walmart or Target. They have a much bigger selection and a wider range of sizes. I know that Disney will hate to hear this, but, it has been my experience that the quality offsite is also better at half the price of even less. P.S. They are official Disney branded/sanctioned apparel. If you can't get to them try the Disney online store. They usually have access to everything in the Disney line.
Thank u!! :)

Septbutterflies

Original Poster
Thank u!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom