4th of July week????

<3caseyscorner

Original Poster
Ok so my DH and I are going for the first time to WDW 4th of July week. Well I have been looking at the waiting times all this week (week before) and they actually havent been too bad at all!! So my question is, is it going to jump like crazy and be insane? or are we looking at alittle bit of a break in the 4th week?

DisDadEddie

Our first trip was during July 4th week and all I can say is I'd never go that time again. The parks are packed, the lines are long and the heat is intense. I just want to give you an honest first hand opinion. Avoid Magic Kingdom on July 4th, you couldn't even get through the crowds at times. From now on our summer trips are in mid to late August. You'll still enjoy yourself, but use your time wisely. It is also a peak time for very large tour groups just to let you know.Also bring ponchos with you, they will come in handy.

real mad hatter

Been twice during independance day,love,love,love it.A party atmosphere from early morning till the special fireworks display.Is it busy?of course,it's always busy at WDW. But like I've said here before,why go to a party if there's no one there.Enjoy yourself.:)

Blueskyze

The wait times this week were probably affected by the tropical storm. One of my best friends & her DH went down last Saturday, and until Tuesday, it was pretty much a torrential downpour. They put on rain gear and kept going, and on Sunday night, they even got to ride ToT by themselves! The picture was awesome! They were at MK yesterday, and it was extremely crowded - at one point she texted to tell me there was a 45 minute wait for It's a Small World. I would guess that the crowds will be back in full force with the weather having cleared up. I hope you have a great trip!

gccgrad1996

We have been there three times during the 4th of July week and truthfully don't remember the crowds being any worse that week then any other time we have been during the summer, and we only go in the summer since I am a teacher. Actually I would go back 4th of July week over the middle of July. When we went in 2010 we thought maybe later in July would be a little less crowded, boy were we wrong. The amount of tour groups from our neighboring continent was horrible. I have never in my 8 years of going in the summer have never seen that many tour groups in my life. Yes, there are always there but not to that amount. Also, we found the weather to be the same no matter when we went in the summer. We have been there in early June, late June, early July, mid July, early Aug and late Aug. This year we will be there Aug 3 through the 11th, next year June 15th through the 24th. We like to change it up each year.
Have an awesome time, use fastpass, and take advantage of afternoon breaks and the pool. And never ever forget especially when you are hot and standing in line, "I am in Disney and not at work :)"

<3caseyscorner

Original Poster
Wow!! Awesome!! Thanks guys!! really appreciate the input! Def will take advantage of fastpass and pool time! And your right about the storm, didnt even think about that! Thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom