4th of July trip!!

Disneykidder

Original Poster
OK friends, we are planning on going to Disney over the 4th of July week in 2014. My oldest son will be playing at WWoS for a baseball tournament. So, my question is 2 part: we will book at 11 months out at our home resort, BLT, but really want to stay at BC or BW that week. What are our chances of getting a room there for that busy week 7 months out? What special events/firework shows/shows or that sort does Disney do that week to celebrate the 4th?

Thanks everyone!!

disneyfan56

It probably will be difficult, but not impossible. Agree with above; get a reservation somewhere and wait list where you want to be.

Good luck!

SkipperButler

What special events/firework shows/shows or that sort does Disney do that week to celebrate the 4th?

Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios all have special fireworks on the 4th of July. Epcot also has special Voices of Liberty concerts in the American Gardens theatre throughout the day. Magic Kingdom's fireworks are launched both the 3rd and 4th, Epcot and Studios the 4th only. Epcot's show is the regular illuminations with a pretty cool Tag at the end. Hollywood Studios is a live rock concert with fireworks in front of the Sorcerer's Hat.

My suggestion is to watch the Magic Kingdom Fireworks on the 3rd from the beach of the Polynesian. Disney will copy the big fireworks that launch from behind the park, in the middle of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Get there around an hour early so you can have a spot.

As for the 4th you have the option of Epcot or Hollywood Studios:

Epcot's Tag focuses on the American Adventure, with fireworks going off over the building. Make sure you can see the American Pavilion from where you're standing. Last year we had a great view from Canada. That spot we had to claim around an hour and a half before the show.

Hollywood Studios for the 4th is a lot of fun with great fireworks synched with the live music from the park's resident rock band. The space in front of the Hat can be tight. If you want to have a good view of the band, get there early, however you might not have a clear view of the fireworks because of the stage. If you want to hear the band and see the fireworks, then anywhere along Hollywood Blvd. should be fine. (Note: Because of interesting rumors circulating on this board and other, Hollywood Blvd. might be seeing some construction in 2014, so the celebration may not be the same as in past years.)

goodanu

We are SSR owners and are staying at beach club from 6-29 to 7-7 this year. We are staying in a 1 bedroom and could have booked at BWV too at 7 months. So my answer would be YES as long as your on the phone at the 7 month window. Good luck!

toolsnspools

I'll be there for the 4th this year. We too own at BLT and booked there at 11 mo. At 7 mo, I would have been able to get a 2br at BWV, AKL, SSR (Including Treehouse), and OKW. I've been hoping to stay at BWV for a long time, but I was letting our son choose so we ended up in OKW.

Disneykidder

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, all. As I stated above, I will definitely be booking at BLT at 11 months, but I know I will want to switch when it comes to 7 months. It is nice to know that I will probably be able to. ALL tips are greatly appreciated!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom