4th of July and Fantasy in the Sky fireworks

ith4lo

Original Poster
Any possibility of fireworks returning to the perimeters for the 4th of July or Fantasy in the Sky shows? After they removed most of the fireworks around the Magic Kingdom, which provided the incredible 360° view, the show became less appealing.

1716584402699.png

Fireworks from 2005 to 2019.

1716584423443.png

After the change.

gerarar

Premium Member
Any possibility of fireworks returning to the perimeters for the 4th of July or Fantasy in the Sky shows? After they removed most of the fireworks around the Magic Kingdom, which provided the incredible 360° view, the show became less appealing.

View attachment 787429
Fireworks from 2005 to 2019.

View attachment 787430
After the change.
One of the sites was directly next to Tron. This was decommissioned after the work done in the area. The launch site that mirrored this is near BTMR and was also decommissioned and not refurbished back in 2021.

They did add two new launch sites directly next to the main center launch behind the MK as part of Project Nugget and Disney Enchantment. This is regular used in the nightly HEA fireworks and also special event fireworks

But for the other launch sites, they were not refurbished, so it's probably not coming back anytime soon.

Here's a map with a partial view of all the perimeters and what was cut/decommissioned.
1000011042.png

Out of the 11 original launch sites, 6 remain in use today.

DisneyFanatic12

One of the sites was directly next to Tron. This was decommissioned after the work done in the area. The launch site that mirrored this is near BTMR and was also decommissioned and not refurbished back in 2021.

They did add two new launch sites directly next to the main center launch behind the MK as part of Project Nugget and Disney Enchantment. This is regular used in the nightly HEA fireworks and also special event fireworks

But for the other launch sites, they were not refurbished, so it's probably not coming back anytime soon.

Here's a map with a partial view of all the perimeters and what was cut/decommissioned.
View attachment 787904
Out of the 11 original launch sites, 6 remain in use today.
Is there a reason that they had to cut the launch sites instead of "moving" them? I'm assuming a certain perimeter is needed around the launch site(s), but I was curious if anyone knew for sure.

TrainsOfDisney

Is there a reason that they had to cut the launch sites instead of "moving" them? I'm assuming a certain perimeter is needed around the launch site(s), but I was curious if anyone knew for sure.
One of the cut launch sites was very close to space mountain so it seems like they could be pretty close to attractions.

The full perimeters were pretty amazing from within the park - still great to see but not like it once was - kinda how I feel about the parks in general.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom