4th Gate General (Rumors/News/Speculation)

ArchieAndrews

Original Poster
I know it's early, but why not? Will help kill time while we wait.

Figured I'd make a general for us to speculate about 4th Gate (ideas for what the theme could be, date of opening, things we'd like to see most, general discussion, etc). We can all pretty much assume it'll be located on that second plot of land Universal now owns, considering they don't have much left on the main plot. I'll keep the OP updated with any major developments/links.

Also before it starts a debate, Universal is considering Volcano Bay 3rd Gate and I'm going by what their next Theme Park will officially be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Potential Elevated Transport System for second plot: http://www.wftv.com/news/local/new-...rk-addresses-transporation-concerns/318586973

Last edited:

ArchieAndrews

Original Poster
I have a roumer! There are several of these on wdwmagic oh wait....ITS TRUE!!!
4th Gate threads? There's a thread about "3rd Gate's Castle" which was referring to their next theme park, but I dug pretty far back into the history of the UO's threads. If it's truly that far back there's no use in using such a dead thread. This thread is mostly meant for random (but on topic) discussion and conversation following up to the inevitable actual announcement.

Last edited:

ArchieAndrews

Original Poster
It's still years away.
That's why I made it a general. The threads I've seen are always based on one subject of their next park, having a general means you can throw all those small little discussions into one and keep it in one place. Also, even though it's years away from an actual announcement, Universal is extraordinarily active as of recent and with the land purchase earlier this year, I don't think there's a better time to start a general.

Maybe I'm just not used to the tone of this forum, but this is pretty common practice on most of the ones I personally have and and continue to use. If it's that much of an issue, I'll just delete the thread.

Bacon

4th Gate threads? There's a thread about "3rd Gate's Castle" which was referring to their next theme park, but I dug pretty far back into the history of the UO's threads. If it's truly that far back there's no use in using such a dead thread. This thread is mostly meant for random (but on topic) discussion and conversation following up to the inevitable actual announcement.
I dont consider volcano bay a "Third gate"

Disneyhead'71

Is the land straight across from the Orl. Convention Center?
Yep. The OCCC is the big white complex in the lower left corner.
uor-expansion.jpg

Tom Morrow

It's safe to assume that unless something really falls through, at least one theme park and probably some hotels will go on the new plot of land. Which really has me wonder how they are going to tie that in to the existing resort. Universal - North Complex and South Complex? Something like that?

Some people have a hard enough time understanding the concept of WDW - that everything in between the parks and resorts is "Disney World" and not just the parks themselves. How do you make a "resort" work if its split with a mile or two of public land between it?

trr1

It's safe to assume that unless something really falls through, at least one theme park and probably some hotels will go on the new plot of land. Which really has me wonder how they are going to tie that in to the existing resort. Universal - North Complex and South Complex? Something like that?

Some people have a hard enough time understanding the concept of WDW - that everything in between the parks and resorts is "Disney World" and not just the parks themselves. How do you make a "resort" work if its split with a mile or two of public land between it?
they need to buy the land in between to connect the two properties

BubbaQuest

they need to buy the land in between to connect the two properties

When Universal Blvd. was built, it was designed to incorporate an elevated transportation system down the median.

I don't have time to look it up right now, but one of the land use plans submitted to Orlando for the new property had something that appeared to be a transportation system between the new hotel area (the 20 acre plots on Uni Blvd) and the new park area (340 acre). I believe it appeared to link to a transportation system for the Convention Center. I doubt Florida will build that elevated transportation system any time soon, but clearly Universal is thinking about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom