411 on Mission:Space

barnebd5

Original Poster
The trip countdown is down to 8 days and I'm so hyped to go on Mission:Space and sometimes a little weird mysterious feeling like I dont know what I'm getting into, I mean I love flight simylation type rides like Star Tours but I get the feeling this could be very intense with all the things I have read from people and such. Just give me your opinion, I'd rather be going and not being so weirded out by the whole mystique of this ride, even though it should be part of the fun this thing just puzzles me too much.

Thanks,

-D.Barnes

AEfx

Look about three posts above this one (well, below now that I have replied). Several pages of exactly what you are looking for. :)

AEfx

Chape19714

Disney 411!

ok here's the "Disney 411!!"

Hi i'm Chape19714 and here's the latest from Disney! Here at EPCOT a new thrill ride called Mission:space has opened, and people love it. It's a blast! You start off in lift off with some serious g forces, and go on your way to mars, experencing wieghtlessness, g forces, and some tough landing manouvers. Each of the 4 people in the capsole have a job, and the sucess of your mission depends on how each of the people preform as a team, and on thier own level. This ride was created with NASA, and is really out of this world! so check out Mission:Space at EPCOT. That's all for now, I'm Chape19714, with all things Disney, it "Disney 411!"

how's that? :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :king:

In my opinon, you must go and just try it once, just heed all the warnings that are announced 50,000 times. Have a great Visit! And enjoy Mission:Space

btw: the 4 main warnings are

You should not ride if you are afraid of...
Dark, inclosed spaces
Spinning (though you don't really feel this)
Motion Simulators
loud noises

Also that whole thing that is posted in frount of coasters
"you must be free of heart, back, and neck problems...expectant mothers should not ride."

MissM

Spinning (though you don't really feel this)
You might not consciously feel it but...if you have inner ear problems it might make you sick or dizzy. I felt a smidge queasy during the ride and was a little dizzy afterwards and I have inner ear problems.
-m

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I only noticed the spinning twice, both times when I had nothing on-screen to focus on. It passed quickly, but it still can be noticeable.

Goin2dizney

For me, it was ok. I won't be running to get back in line. I think
for most people, you know how you react to things and if any of the
warnings apply to you and you still want to go then go. Just be forwarned.
I had a woozie stomach for about 1 1/2 hours after I got off it. I didn't
think that it would affect me, but it did. I drank a Sprite after I got off and it actually made my stomach feel better.

Do make sure that you do what they say. DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE SCREEN ~ EVEN WHEN IT GOES BLACK! They have barf bags for a reason. Either way, you will have fun.
Enjoy,
Wendi

Miss Bell

Also, don't close your eyes. I love this ride, but it made my husband really sick last year. However, he both turned his head and closed his eyes. According to a CM I talked to in June, they have toned it down since the initial test rides, which is when I rode it first. I didn't notice much difference this year, but spinning doesn't really bother me. I personally think this is an awesome ride, and definitely worth giving a spin (no pun intended.)

brisem

Miss Bell said:
Also, don't close your eyes. I love this ride, but it made my husband really sick last year. However, he both turned his head and closed his eyes.

Just keep you eyes open and look straight ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom