Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

CircusPeanuts

What system is in place to prevent park hoppers from entering? Has it ever been implemented? Are cast trained in this system?

I know the answers, do you?
Interesting tactic! You are trying to get me to say “yes” and say I know what you are talking about to somehow prove to casual observers that you are an insider that knows this information.

Here’s the thing - is there a “system” to stop park hopping when the park reaches capacity? Of course. Do I think you know what you are attempting to describe based on what you are saying here? Absolutely not.

legwand77

Well attendance should pick up a bit, the EU/UK travel ban is lifting, just need a negative C19 test or proof of recovery to come to Disney from the UK and EU, Ireland etc.

of course that might change in a few days ;)

Last edited:

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

Well attendance should pick up a bit, the EU/UK travel ban has been lifted, just need a negative C19 test or proof of recovery to come to Disney from the UK and EU, Ireland etc.

Requiring the COVID test for entering the country will be a good step in the right direction, but lifting a travel ban enacted because of the spread of COVID while those countries are seeing a surge in COVID feels like they're jumping the gun a bit. Additionally, we've already seen people entering the country for vaccinations; wouldn't this make it easier for people to do so, thereby limiting the number of vaccines available to our residents?

legwand77

Requiring the COVID test for entering the country will be a good step in the right direction, but lifting a travel ban enacted because of the spread of COVID while those countries are seeing a surge in COVID feels like they're jumping the gun a bit. Additionally, we've already seen people entering the country for vaccinations; wouldn't this make it easier for people to do so, thereby limiting the number of vaccines available to our residents?
UK is distributing vaccinations better than US, the rest of the EU about the same as US, so I doubt that would be an issue

DCBaker

Premium Member
Well attendance should pick up a bit, the EU/UK travel ban is lifting, just need a negative C19 test or proof of recovery to come to Disney from the UK and EU, Ireland etc.

From the incoming Press Secretary -

For those with smaller children, you can easily hit multiple rides in Fantasyland within 30 minutes before full park open. That is pretty huge since by early afternoon, we’d want to head back to the resort for nap/pool time. We’d be able to knock out a lot of those attractions with minimal lines before the meltdown hits.
Small kids still go to Disney? From the pictures it looks like it’s an adults playground where a few have decided to sneak their kids in.

Miss Bella

Even if the park was absolutely empty I don't see how you could ride more than two or maybe three rides in that time period. You have to walk through the queue, actually ride the ride, and then walk to wherever the next ride is, unless you just try to ride the same ride more than once. Or I suppose the coasters which are very short.

I imagine most people will only get in one ride during this period.
We were in DHS at 830. We rode MMRR, SM and Aerosmith all before 915. You can get at least a couple of headliners in before the crowd arrives.

We always avoided the EMH parks because that’s where everyone headed making them the most crowded of the four parks. It also required getting up at some ungodly hour to rope drop for there to be any advantage. If you showed up 30 minutes after EMH started the lines were already long.

I like the idea of opening every park early to resort guests. It allows for more flexibility and not everyone’s heading to the same park. I do think an hour would be better than 30 minutes.

UNCgolf

We were in DHS at 830. We rode MMRR, SM and Aerosmith all before 915. You can get at least a couple of headliners in before the crowd arrives.

We always avoided the EMH parks because that’s where everyone headed making them the most crowded of the four parks. It also required getting up at some ungodly hour to rope drop for there to be any advantage. If you showed up 30 minutes after EMH started the lines were already long.

I like the idea of opening every park early to resort guests. It allows for more flexibility and not everyone’s heading to the same park. I do think an hour would be better than 30 minutes.

Ideally (to the bolded part) but I think in practice the vast majority of those guests will be headed to the Magic Kingdom. A few will go to Animal Kingdom for FoP, but I think almost no one will head to EPCOT and I think the people that show up at DHS will be the people who were able to secure a boarding pass for RotR.

Miss Bella

Ideally (to the bolded part) but I think in practice the vast majority of those guests will be headed to the Magic Kingdom. A few will go to Animal Kingdom for FoP, but I think almost no one will head to EPCOT and I think the people that show up at DHS will be the people who were able to secure a boarding pass for RotR.
I don't see why. If your taking a week long vacation at WDW your not going to spend everyday at Magic Kingdom. We spend 2 days at MK and DHS and the rest of days are divided between the other parks.

Our longest wait times were at AK, HS, and Epcot. There so many rides at MK the wait times were shorter.

UNCgolf

I don't see why. If your taking a week long vacation at WDW your not going to spend everyday at Magic Kingdom. We spend 2 days at MK and DHS and the rest of days are divided between the other parks.

Our longest wait times were at AK, HS, and Epcot. There so many rides at MK the wait times were shorter.

Because Magic Kingdom has the most rides and by far the most that kids are interested in. Most people will go there more than once on a trip, and there are also new people arriving daily. There's a reason the MK has the highest attendance and is usually more crowded than the other parks.

There will certainly be people going to the other parks as well, but there's no chance it will be spread out evenly among the four every day. Saying vast majority in my earlier post was probably hyperbolic, but the Magic Kingdom is basically guaranteed to have more people showing up early on a daily basis than the other parks.

Miss Bella

Because Magic Kingdom has the most rides and by far the most that kids are interested in. Most people will go there more than once on a trip, and there are also new people arriving daily. There's a reason the MK has the highest attendance and is usually more crowded than the other parks.

There will certainly be people going to the other parks as well, but there's no chance it will be spread out evenly among the four every day. Saying vast majority in my earlier post was probably hyperbolic, but the Magic Kingdom is basically guaranteed to have more people showing up early on a daily basis than the other parks.
That could be true, but DHS seems to currently be the big draw. That could change when Tron opens.

I feel like by the 50th we may not be at 100% again, but I do think It could get depending I would say between 50%-75% later this year, plus with plexiglass being added to even more queue lines and ride vehicles and knowing how strict Disney is with their guidelines, I dare say it could get even higher later this year.

UNCgolf

That could be true, but DHS seems to currently be the big draw. That could change when Tron opens.
When I was telling a friend about the different parks he pretty much only wanted to go to DHS. He wanted to see Star Wars and his kids wanted to see Frozen and Toy Story.

I think DHS will be held back by boarding groups. People are going to wait to go to DHS whenever they can get a boarding group for Rise. The potential for afternoon groups will help, and I do think it will be the second busiest behind the Magic Kingdom, but I think a lot of people will attempt to put it off until they're able to grab a morning boarding group.

Of course that's only true as long as boarding groups still exist. If boarding groups disappear and Rise has a regular standby line, then it may even overtake Magic Kingdom with people trying to be first in line for Rise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom