4-year-old hurt at Universal Studios

napnet

Original Poster
A 4-year-old girl was injured Monday as she was getting off a roller coaster at Universal Studios.

The girl, who was not identified, was taken to Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital after the 6 p.m. incident for treatment of cuts on her foot, park spokesman Tom Schroder said.

The girl and her family were getting off Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, in the Woody Woodpecker's KidZone section of the park, after the ride had stopped. Her foot became lodged in a 21/2- to 3-inch gap between the coaster and the platform, Schroder said.

The Orlando Fire Department was called to the scene, but her foot was freed before firefighters arrived, Schroder said. She had cuts on her foot and was taken to the hospital as a precaution, he said.

Schroder said the roller coaster was closed for the remainder of Monday while Universal staff examined the ride. He said the coaster had been operating normally and that employees had been following proper procedure.

The ride was to reopen today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...cfbriefs20_406jun20,0,4444113.story?track=rss

daguru

Wonder why this is a "minor story" instead of a headline...?

oh duh, it's not Disney....stupid me...:hammer:

nerdboyrockstar

daguru said:

Cuts on a little girl's foot is not the same as a man being dragged by a Peter Pan ride vehicle or dying on Mission: Space.

JT3000

daguru said:

How is a girl's foot getting stuck in a crack NOT a minor story? Disney has nothing to do with it. If Universal kills or seriously injures someone, they'll make headlines, just like all the times Disney has. It isn't rocket science.

And you know what? Most minor occurences like this one that happen at Disney don't get reported at all, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

CAPTAIN HOOK

JT3000 said:
How is a girl's foot getting stuck in a crack NOT a minor story? Disney has nothing to do with it. If Universal kills or seriously injures someone, they'll make headlines, just like all the times Disney has. It isn't rocket science.

And you know what? Most minor occurences like this one that happen at Disney don't get reported at all, so I don't know what you're complaining about.
Ooooh touchy :rolleyes:

Tim G

They should have a mild version of this ride...

They need one that doesn't move....

They have to close that ride... :( :( :(

If they don't... Sue them for neglect...

kcnole

This can't even be compared to the stories of two deaths or a man being rushed into critical care after being crushed and dragged by the peterpan ride.

Had she cut off her foot, then we'd have a story.

Tim G

kcnole said:
This can't even be compared to the stories of two deaths or a man being rushed into critical care after being crushed and dragged by the peterpan ride.

Had she cut off her foot, then we'd have a story.
As your answer is very serious as always, I'll try to comment seriously...

The outcome could have been the same for the dark minded....

An accident is an accident...

BTW...
I've seen people die of cuts in their toe...

PS.
And about the Peter Pan Ride... you mean the CM (a while ago) or a guest...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom