4 weeks pregnant...can i do rollercoasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulation!!! As for advice, I think that the wise decision should be found after discussing this issue with your doctor. We here don't know your situation and it would be inappropriate for you to take these comments as anything other than a light hearted discussion. We don't know your OB history, general state of health or tolerance for thrill rides. I trust that your doctor will help you come to the right decision.

However I will offer some para-medical advice. This is the time when you should be particularly careful of dehydration and heat stroke. Your body is going through some pretty serious hormonal changes that could alter your tolerance for heat (and food and noise and odours and other people....but I digress). Also depending on how close to second trimester you will be at the time you travel, you may want to have some pants with the elastic/panel in the front ready as waistlines have been known to "fill in" overnight, not a comfortable situation.:lol:

Enjoy, and this is a great time to be thinking of some Disney names for your new addition.

Tink

PintoColvig

As an OB/GYN who's been practicing for nearly 16 years now, I'm amazed and surprised at how ignorant people are when it comes to prenatal healthcare. A four week old fetus (though fragil) is at its safest point of the pregnancy at least if you are considering physical harm from external forces. Most terminations of pregnancies are due to harmonal issues or come from the fetus not being viable from conception. To say that a ride on a Disney coaster will threaten the life of the child is just absurd. What's even more absurd is that someone would seek obstetric advice from you loons. And the MOST absurd thing is that some of you have actually responded to her with medical advice.

Finally, let me get one more thing off my chest. I'm not an OB/GYN but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol

Kadee

PintoColvig said:
As an OB/GYN who's been practicing for nearly 16 years now, I'm amazed and surprised at how ignorant people are when it comes to prenatal healthcare. A four week old fetus (though fragil) is at its safest point of the pregnancy at least if you are considering physical harm from external forces. Most terminations of pregnancies are due to harmonal issues or come from the fetus not being viable from conception. To say that a ride on a Disney coaster will threaten the life of the child is just absurd. What's even more absurd is that someone would seek obstetric advice from you loons. And the MOST absurd thing is that some of you have actually responded to her with medical advice.

Finally, let me get one more thing off my chest. I'm not an OB/GYN but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol

The last part is obvious; a doctor would know how to spell hormonal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom