4 Month Rehab for GMR

ToTBellHop

Of course they aren't working around the clock because they don't need to. Judging from the lines for this attraction last season, its popularity is dropping, mainly because the ride was falling apart. You cannot expect them to work on this project around the clock when they are busy building the VASTLY more important Mission: SPACE, in addition to PhilharMagic, Saratoga Springs, Everest, Pop Century (construction has obviously slowed here). Personally, I'm more worried about Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Did it ever reopen?

Luke1984

That stinks!! We're going to Disney World in May and I've never been on it. :( I was really looking forward to seeing it. I've never been to Disney Studios though so I'm really looking forward to alot of other things in the park. Star Tours, Muppet Vision, ToT, RnR Coaster, and Fanstamiac. I guess I can live without seeing the Great Movie Ride. I've wished better attractions due to rehabs.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Originally posted by DogsRule!
Personally, I'm more worried about Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Did it ever reopen?

It was open last Sunday, March 30th. I have no idea if they've fixed its recurring problems, though.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by brian19862002
The reason it is now taking 4 months is because they are only working on it at night. This is due to cutbacks.
Mmmmmm but if they work on it day and night they will still spend just as much on labour charges AND complete it in half the time :hammer: :hammer:

EvilMortimer

Account Suspended
Is anyone really sure that this is only a rehab? I mean 100% sure. I'm just asking because all the signs for the ride are gone now.

imagineersrock

yeah, its just a rehab... well 99.9% sure that is...:animwink: lol

*sidenote, some of you guys need to seriously grow up. throughout this thread i witnessed some incredibly childish behavior; bashing people for their opinions... calling them 'disney-haters' i'm sorry but thats sick grow up. its obvious everyone here is a disney fan (why else would we be here.) some of these people even bashing others for being negative in a rather negative way themselves:veryconfu

just get over your grudges and dont ruin a post for everyone else involved, thanks.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by imagineersrock

just get over your grudges and dont ruin a post for everyone else involved, thanks.

Perhaps you should heed your own advice then this thread would wither and die:animwink:

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Bimmy56
Are they really replacing Fantasia? With what?

This will be the scene where your vehicle will accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds before slowing down during the Wizard of Oz scene, running over the Wicked Witch of the West, and the ride will continue as always after this point. Cast Members will have the new phrase, "Eat that, witch!"

freaklarm

Originally posted by DogsRule!
This will be the scene where your vehicle will accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds before slowing down during the Wizard of Oz scene, running over the Wicked Witch of the West, and the ride will continue as always after this point. Cast Members will have the new phrase, "Eat that, witch!"

:lol: :lol: :sohappy: :p That was great!!!

Chernabog

I talked to a cast member friend of mine who works GMR and she said the June 29th date is pretty accurate to what they've been told. She also said they're rehabbing to do a new spiel and new audio and fixing up the vehicles, painting inside and outside...that sorta stuff...that and they're making the finale film digital so they can trade out stuff...but for right now no new finale. I hope this is the sort of info everyone is looking for. Here's hoping things change for the better!:D

Stitch FL

The reason it is now taking 4 months is because they are only working on it at night. This is due to cutbacks.

This is so far off base I had to stop laughing to type....

The rehab has been completed over two weeks ago.
Complete painting, car upgrades and costuming as well as new speakers and sound and projection systems.

You may see the attraction return for Easter break, tho unlikely, as they have no operations budget at this time

wizard12

You'd think to still make people happy, try to do it as quick as possible. 4 months is a long time for fixing up a ride. They must be doing a lot to it. It sucks, I'm going on May 13th for a week. I'll miss it for a while. So will a lot of other people though. That's the hard part about renovations, you need to do them but have no time off really to do it. Sucks.

bamboo7

odd, i was there today and there were workers all over the exterior of the building doing work.

bamboo7

Originally posted by Stitch FL
This is so far off base I had to stop laughing to type....

The rehab has been completed over two weeks ago.
Complete painting, car upgrades and costuming as well as new speakers and sound and projection systems.

You may see the attraction return for Easter break, tho unlikely, as they have no operations budget at this time

if the rehab had been done for 2 weeks, the exterior of the biuilding wouldn't be covered in scaffolding, and i wouldn't have seen workers all over it.

wizard12

I'm going to miss it then. Darn. It does need it though. It hasn't updated in a while or at all I think. If they replace a couple movies and add on 1 or 2, it will be better. I like the ride and the movie at the end. I think that was the last thing they did to it (add the movie bit). I'm guessing it will be much better than after this. That is good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom