4 Month Rehab for GMR

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
I read on Themeparks.com that The Great Movie Ride is getting a long rehab from now until June 29th.

I have heard that they are changing the end movie clips with some updated films. This should not take four months.

Anyone know what else is going on inside?

guwag

Surely they have to pay the 3rd shift more because they work at night compared to those who work during the day? We all know that Disney loves watching the pennies lately so why do they do this?

jcrb

Originally posted by guwag
Surely they have to pay the 3rd shift more because they work at night compared to those who work during the day? We all know that Disney loves watching the pennies lately so why do they do this?

that's a good question-

they must be working in the day-

pheneix

This is really more of a "creative closure" than anything else. You close down a major ride for a "renovation" and then make it take forever and a day to complete. In the meantime, the Great Movie Ride is down during the "slow" time of the year and you get both a desperately needed rehab *and* a cost cut during the "slow" season in one hit.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by pheneix
This is really more of a "creative closure" than anything else. You close down a major ride for a "renovation" and then make it take forever and a day to complete. In the meantime, the Great Movie Ride is down during the "slow" time of the year and you get both a desperately needed rehab *and* a cost cut during the "slow" season in one hit.
Indeed. This is so sad that Disney would resort to something like this to cut costs. In 4 months I would expect scenes to be added, animatronics to be updated, and some new surprises added to the dull ride. But what do we get?? A new film montage!!! :rolleyes:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by happy snapper
Ah how I value such expert opinion
UMMMMMM... Can you please stop being so rude! I don't ask you to value my opinion! However, I DO ask that you stop making it your life's dream to mock me! Hopefully your account will be cancelled soon. You might not like my posts but I don't condemn other members for their opinions.

CTXRover

Originally posted by pheneix

Well, full-ride rehabs don't just happen overnight. Whether or not anything changes to the "naked eye", they are most likely taking this time to completely re-paint and freshen EVERYTHING up. Unless you are even part of the rehab, new animatronics may be added to replace older ones, but we wouldn't even know because there wouldn't be any noticeable change "to the general audience" (then again, maybe not).

Of course, they close it down during a "slow time". Closing an attraction for this kind of a rehab during "busy times" wouldn't make much sense.

PHENEIX, do you know for a fact that they did this closure for what you call a "creative closure" or is this just your opinion? I have trouble believing this is cost-cutting measure.

Not to point any fingers, but it seems some have a belief Disney is always cost-cutting and try to find examples to support their theory rather than examining what is going on and coming to that conclusion on their own (yes, of course some things are being cut). In other words, it seems that an apparent bias influences your interpretation. I don't mean any offense to anyone, just stating my observation. :)

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by AndyMagic
UMMMMMM... Can you please stop being so rude! I don't ask you to value my opinion! However, I DO ask that you stop making it your life's dream to mock me! Hopefully your account will be cancelled soon. You might not like my posts but I don't condemn other members for their opinions.

Andy, you seem to think you are the one everyone feels sympathetic toward on these boards. Allow me to enlighten you. As with others on this board who share your exceedingly negative (annoyingly so) view of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the rest of us find your posts annoying; even the website's administrator has commented on his annoyance at this type of post. It gets old. While your account will not be terminated, you will find that everyone will eventually ignore your posts altogether. It is a waste of bandwidth. You hate everything Disney does. Good. We don't need to hear about it with every one of your posts.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by brian19862002
The reason it is now taking 4 months is because they are only working on it at night. This is due to cutbacks.

I doubt that... When I was there a few weeks ago.. they had guys on scaffolding patching the concrete facade on the building and painting as well... during the day. :)

AndyMagic

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Andy, you seem to think you are the one everyone feels sympathetic toward on these boards. Allow me to enlighten you. As with others on this board who share your exceedingly negative (annoyingly so) view of the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, the rest of us find your posts annoying; even the website's administrator has commented on his annoyance at this type of post. It gets old. While your account will not be terminated, you will find that everyone will eventually ignore your posts altogether. It is a waste of bandwidth. You hate everything Disney does. Good. We don't need to hear about it with every one of your posts.
Allow me to explain myself as it seems as if everyone hates me for no reason. I point out certain things I dislike about Disney more so than I point out the things I love. I do this because there are a lot more things I love about Disney than there are things I dislike. So I simply choose not to respond to a post unless I can offer a differing opinion. I STILL don't see how this means I hate everything Disney?? I go 3 times a year and stay on site. I spend 5 days at Disney and one at Universal! Why would I do this if I don't love Disney. It is really sad that everyone is ganging up on me. I guess from now on I will only post "HAPPY THOUGHTS" as it seems I get condemned for saying anything else.

CTXRover

For AndyMagic

Allow me to explain myself as it seems as if everyone hates me for no reason. I point out certain things I dislike about Disney more so than I point out the things I love. I do this because there are a lot more things I love about Disney than there are things I dislike. So I simply choose not to respond to a post unless I can offer a differing opinion. I STILL don't see how this means I hate everything Disney?? I go 3 times a year and stay on site. I spend 5 days at Disney and one at Universal! Why would I do this if I don't love Disney. It is really sad that everyone is ganging up on me. I guess from now on I will only post "HAPPY THOUGHTS" as it seems I get condemned for saying anything else.

----THREAD DRIFT---
I don't want to take sides in what appears to be a dispute, but AndyMagic, I for one know you have been pro-Disney before (see FM thread).

You have every right to have the avatar you have (it looks great by the way), but I think some got the impression you were anti-Disney/pro-Universal from it. Just an observation, take from it what you may like. :)

AndyMagic

Re: For AndyMagic

Originally posted by CTXRover
----THREAD DRIFT---
I don't want to take sides in what appears to be a dispute, but AndyMagic, I for one know you have been pro-Disney before (see FM thread).

You have every right to have the avatar you have (it looks great by the way), but I think some got the impression you were anti-Disney/pro-Universal from it. Just an observation, take from it what you may like. :)
Thanks for the nice words CTX. I completely understand that some people think I am a little too pro-Universal. I also understand that people only know of a person what they read in his/her posts, so I guess I will just try to dub down on the complaining. :) ... Sorry about the thread drift... moving on...

TURKEY

No where did he condemn your post. There are other negative people that have posted in this thread. Maybe that's who it was directed at here.

Hopefully you're account will be cancelled soon. There are too many Mr. Negatives here.

DisneyWonders07

WOAH k just gettin' a little bit hot in here...

I've never really noticed many negative posts about Disney on these boards, so someone would have to direct me to these accused people's posts before I make any judgments...just a thought don't go spastic on me anyone, I'm not taking sides!:p

Although of course, I get absolutely outraged when someone disses Disney...You mess with Disney, you mess with ME!!! MUA HAHAHA:fork:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
No where did he condemn your post. There are other negative people that have posted in this thread. Maybe that's who it was directed at here.

Hopefully you're account will be cancelled soon. There are too many Mr. Negatives here.
it was mostly in a different thread that he condemned my posts. His most recent post in this one just made me loose my cool.

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by DMC-12
I doubt that... When I was there a few weeks ago.. they had guys on scaffolding patching the concrete facade on the building and painting as well... during the day. :)

I confirm this... I was there March 14-17, and I saw people out working during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom