4/22 Photo Update with "breaking" news from Epcot

peter11435

Original Poster
I'll start this update with a couple shots from Magic Kingdom. Nothing major to report there. However I did go to MK last night (watched Wishes and both performances of SpectroMagic) and noticed that they are once again lighting up the yellow structure on the roof of SGE. It had not been lit for some time now. It looked great last night. Unfortunate I did not have my camera with me.

Just click any image to see a larger version.

Now to Epcot. The Flower and Garden Festival is now in full swing. Everything is looking great. I saw most of the displays and exhibits today so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

The Cinderella and Prince Charming topiary behind SSE now spins giving the illusion that the couple is dancing. I thought it looked great. Also the large display at the park entrance is now lit at night, and also has a few fountains mixed in. It really looks great in person.

On SSE I noticed that two of the three “cauldron” type things in the Rome scene were once again lit and spouting smoke. These have not worked in a very long time, and it was great to see them working even if it was only two out of three. Also the steam has returned to the burning Rome scene and looks awesome.

As part pf the F&G Festival the Epcot entrance loop has been temporarily changed. In honor of the festivals theme “Romance Blooms” the new loop features instrumental love songs from Disney films such as “Can you feel the Love Tonight.”

Water garden in the Epcot Rose Garden

The American Gardens Theater ready for the Flower Power Concert Series

And two shots of the display at the park entrance lit up tonight after Illuminations.

Now for the “breaking” news. As you all should know one of the main Innoventions signs on the West side of SSE has been out for a very long time. For at least 7 months the sign has lit up “entions” every night. Well you will be happy to know that the sign has finally been fixed. I do not have a photo but I can assure you that the sign once again says “Innoventions.”

And that concludes this update. I hope you all enjoy.

Steamboat_Kevin

Great report, Thanks Peter! :sohappy:

Being the Epcot music fanboy I am, Not sure how I feel about the Epcot Entrance loop changing to romantic songs :(

peter11435 said:
Well you will happy to know that the sign has finally been fixed. I do not have a photo but I can assure you that the sign once again says “Illuminations.”
I'm assuming you mean "Innoventions"? :animwink:

peter11435

Original Poster
Steamboat_Kevin said:
Being the Epcot music fanboy I am, Not sure how I feel about the Epcot Entrance loop changing to romantic songs :(

It bothered me a bit too. But it's only temporary so it shouldn't be that bad.

Thank you both for catching my little mistake.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disney actually listens to our kvetching - how scary is that?

Just be happy it's jsut the entrance loop. The Christmas music is nightmarishly all through Future World and World Showcase. One time, way back when i worked for the mouse, the sound system failed for that main audio loop and a high pitched tone was blasted for over an hour prior to park opening. *shivers* Then when they got it fixed i had to listen to "Carol of the Bells" AHH!

diddy_mouse

Being a music geek as well, I've got a question....have they changed the entrance loop before for the festival or is this something new? I was there last year for F&G and didn't recall a music change.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Oh boy, my wife is going to have a field day taking pictures this year! Great update and pictures, thanks!

I should go get some sleep in preparation, our plane takes off in 8 hours. :)

Austin1

I don't like them chaning the entrance loop. I only get to go once a year MAX and I would like to hear the normal music...Owell. Are they plaing it all day and night? I hope this event doesn't change the feel of Future World too much, I like it the normal way.

imagineerfan

Thanks for the pics. Just one question, where is that house that is in your second photo? I havent' been to MK in a while so I'm guessing its part of the Pooh playground.

Dan

oh my lord you had me thinking with your breaking news that something else happend on ms i thought for sure that thiswould be the last straw and they would close it down. lol wow do i feel stupid now lol:hammer:

notnothin

Great pics, thank you as always. Kinda makes me sad about the music loop, though. I was just there in December, and heard Christmas music non-stop. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Christmas music, but I was looking forward to the Epcot loops. Now it looks like it'll be a while before I get to hear them again. :zipit:

peter11435

Original Poster
Epcot82Guy said:
Does it carry through past SSE or is the Innov. loop and fountain music still playing?
It goes just past SSE. Then the normal Innoventions Plaza loop plays. The new loop then plays again at the bridge between Future World and World Showcase. The rest of the park loops have remained the same.

I don't know if the new loop plays all day as I was only there at night. However I would be willing to bet it does.

And personally I kind of like the Christmas loop. But by the end of December I too am really looking forward to the return of the normal loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom