Lack of anything Enchanted in WDW???

Figment632

Original Poster
Unless I am completely blind I don't belive that there is anything Enchanted related in WDW. I really don't understand why, I thought it was a great movie it seemed to be popular and Enchanted merchandise was probally the biggest seller last year in my TDS.

I'm not asking for much maybe meet Gisell and pip at the least'

Am I overestimating this films popularity cause I don't understand why there is nothing in WDW?

foslizedtresap

Wasn't Gisell in one of the parades? I've seen a few pictures of her in the park, I believe it was in a parade, but that's all I've ever heard of her in the parks.
I think I saw a doll of her at World of Disney, but I could be mistaken.

drew81

Wasn't Gisell in one of the parades? I've seen a few pictures of her in the park, I believe it was in a parade, but that's all I've ever heard of her in the parks.
I think I saw a doll of her at World of Disney, but I could be mistaken.

She was in a couple of pre-parades.

Duckberg

Enchanted @ WDW

Think that WDW mang. would
intro new characters in park @
marketing tool. Gisell shouldn;t
be that hard :confused: NOT just parade!

Duckberg :xmas:

EpcotServo

Maybe it's because the film was so awful?
:shrug: :lol:

(SORRY, sorry. That was wrong, I just can't help myself. Continue!)

DizneyPryncess

A Giselle meet & greet would be awesome! There's a lot of characters that I never see in the parks that I would love to see, and I have always been confused about why they aren't out. I asked a friend of mine who used to be a CM what the deal was with that.

He said that there's only so many people on staff each day that can play characters. They have to make sure all the major characters - mickey, minnie, etc - are available because they will get tons of complaints if they aren't. They get less complaints about rare/new characters not being out. I don't know if that's true - current CM's can verify.

I guess it makes sense - but it's a bummer for us Disney nerds who have met the regulars a million times. :animwink:

Jorden

I believe I read or heard somewhere that the reason she isn't considered a Disney Princess is becasue for every doll sold or at any point her likeness is used Amy Adams would get a Royalty fee. Now why there is no meet and greet I dunno.

AREM

I seriously have always wondered that.......When we went back in April, I looked high and low, and never saw ONE HINT of anything Enchanted.

And I, for the record, ADORED Enchanted. It is the first good movie Disney has made in quite awhile, and shows me that Disney still has some relevance in the entertainment world. I really enjoyed the movie AND the music. (Oh Alan, why don't you write more Disney movies????)

CLandrum

All of my daughter's Enchanted stuff came from the Disney store. But it is now closed in our city. She is one of my daughters favorite princesses but when we were at WDW we could not find anything either. I would also like to know the reason for this.

Cmdr_Crimson

There's a very simple reason for all of this...Giselle is not an Official Disney Princess...Since the animation sequences were done by James Baxter Animation studios and not by Walt Disney Animation studios..This is the info in regards to her "Princess Status" from wiki...

Although Giselle is shown in both animated and live-action forms, she is not being marketed as one of the Disney Princesses, as was thought when a 2007 Toy Fair showed a Giselle doll featured with packaging declaring her Disney Princess status. Disney has since decided not to include Giselle in the Princess line, as they would have to pay for life-long rights to Adams' image. While Amy Adams' likeness is used in promotions of the film, her animated likeness is used on all Princess Giselle merchandise.

The latest controversy regarding Giselle's Disney Princess status arose when Disney announced that the appearances of the animated version of Giselle and Amy Adams were different enough such that Disney did not need to pay royalties to Adams for her image, spurning negotiations between the actress and Disney

But not to worry since Rapunzle and the Princess & the frog will be coming soon and hopefully join the popular princess group....Unless they somehow stumble into the lesser known like Princess Elonwy and Princess Kida...

Dragonrider1227

She was in this year's Christmas parade. I thought that was pretty cool. I thought I heard they stopped the Enchanted merchandise because the actress that played Gizzelle wanted more money for the use of her likeness.

ttalovebug

Nothing enchanted in WDW! Of course not! There's nothing magical in WDW either! You know why? WAL-MARTING!!! WDW1974, help me out here!!!!

Ohhhhhh, you meant the movie.

:lookaroun :lol: :ROFLOL:

toystoryma

Ya I would like to see more Enchanted merchandise sold. I LOVED the movie, however princess status would be wrong.. Giselle ended up with Robert..

Prince Edward was shown marrying Nancy.. so if anyone it'd be princess Nancy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom