365 Days round. Wait whats that, Flamingos? A toddlers first trip. (Report)

Hello, and welcome to my trip report. I created a PTR back in January, but didn't keep up with it, so lets try again. Our trip was May 14th - May 19th, and we stayed at a Studio Villa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House.

The title of our trip is a story in itself. Last year on May 20th, out to see the latest pirates flick, my wife and I decided that it was time to get something planned to take our daughter. It just so happens exactly 365 days later, we would be arriving back home from our trip to WDW.

Before I go any further, lets introduce the members of our trip.

23uahyh.jpg

Me: Paul, 30 yrs old, 5 Time visitor (84’, 96’, 97’, 99’, 00’) to WDW. My last time in the park was for my youngest sisters make a wish trip, and we actually only visited MK and HS.

2nlwnjt.jpg

Wife: Christina, 29 yrs old, recently graduated from nursing school. Visited WDW when she was a child, and doesn’t remember much.

25gugc5.jpg

Daughter: Lorelai, 4 yrs old, going on 5. A humongous fan of flamingos. Most of her pet fish, gerbil, and a past box turtle had the name flamingo in it. She loves animals, and her favorite pet is Pascal the house cat. Rapunzel (Lorelai), Flynn (me), and Pascal have wonderful adventures around the house.

We packed up the car on the 11th, and slept in on the 12th in preparation for the long drive ahead. Lorelai had a T-ball game that afternoon, then we were off. On saturday morning, my wifes cousin, who works for a non-for-profit animal shelter texted my wife about a puppy that arrived that morning. We had been talking about getting a new dog after we got home, because our other dog seemed to be very lonely. We had to put our lab down in march, because he had bone cancer, and the little dog seemed to be depressed after he was gone. Plus we just wanted a new dog in the house because we are animal lovers. Anyway, she sent us photos and we instantly fell in love. Lorelai and Christina named him Lucky, which was a great fit I thought. Indianapolis just got Andrew Luck in the draft, so now Lucky can have his own jersey. :D

So around 6:30, we headed out on our trip. First stop, an hour away to meet our new puppy. He was going to stay with my wife's cousin while we were gone, but we wanted to meet the little guy before we left. After that we grabbed a quick bite to eat, and started the long journey south. Around Seymour Indiana, it started to rain. That rain lasted all night, into the morning, when we stopped for breakfast in Valdosta Georgia. Other than the rain, and the drunk guy at the gas station who almost vomited on me in the bathroom the drive down was uneventful.

I didnt take any photos on the way down, so sorry for the lack of photos in this first post. I promise with the posts to come there will be plenty of photos to look at. Until then, take care, and have a magical day!

Cassie S.

Just stumbled across your trip report and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it! Your daughter is too sweet and I couldn't believe the photo she received at the end! We will be taking our first family trip to the world next May. Glad you enjoyed your May trip.

tehSAC

Original Poster
Just stumbled across your trip report and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it! Your daughter is too sweet and I couldn't believe the photo she received at the end! We will be taking our first family trip to the world next May. Glad you enjoyed your May trip.

Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed it! May is a great time to go! You will all have a blast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom