35mm f/1.8 came finally!

dtstangl

Original Poster
Well, after nearly two months of waiting, my 35mm finally got here, and I can now say it was worth the wait! What a sharp and fast lens! Here is a quick shot from a couple of days ago, although I can't take credit for it because the wife took it!

5685757378_c4769bee03_b.jpg

There are some more shots on my flickr page under the set "Makin a cake." Cheers!

NowInc

That lens is on my D7000 pretty much 90% of the time. Its a great (and inexpensive) piece of glass!

Theosus

I've been thinking about one of these...
Everyone swears by the nifty fifty, but I'm on a crop sensor body, and I think the 35 mm might be a little more like the old 50mm on a full frame.
28mm might work even better, I just can't decide. And since I have to have a tree in my yard removed, it looks like I have some more time to decide.

Monorail Lime

Everyone swears by the nifty fifty, but I'm on a crop sensor body, and I think the 35 mm might be a little more like the old 50mm on a full frame.
28mm might work even better, I just can't decide. And since I have to have a tree in my yard removed, it looks like I have some more time to decide.
I swapped the Nifty Fifty for a Sigma 30mm 1.4 because the former felt much too long on a crop body. I guess 50 would be a decent focal length for portraiture (not something I'm in to) but not as a general walk-around lens.

CP_alum08

I felt the same. I use the 35mm on a crop and I love it. I think it comes out to around 52mm equivalent, perfect for dark rides :sohappy:

ddbowdoin

I swapped the Nifty Fifty for a Sigma 30mm 1.4 because the former felt much too long on a crop body. I guess 50 would be a decent focal length for portraiture (not something I'm in to) but not as a general walk-around lens.

I am going long for my portraits... 100mm Tokina Macro f2.8 (so 150mm on my cropped D7000)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom