34 year old adult ...Is Disney worth it??

NowInc

Asking that question on a Disney board is like asking someone at the hershey factory if they think you should buy chocolate..

of course all yer gunna get is the obvious feedback ;)

tinkerbell2

Well, I've never been to WDW as a child or with a child. I really think that Disney is for adults. So he's definitely going to enjoy it!:sohappy:

Since1976

Really depends on how cynical you are. There's a lot of crass commercialization at WDW to get annoyed by, and it can be be off-putting to some.

I happen to believe that it was easier to surrender yourself to the magic as an adult 10 years ago. WDW has gone down a bit in quality since then, though as a vacation destination it is still several cuts above any other.

stingrock23

I'm 25 and would go every month if I could. Age definitely does not matter.

If you like thrills, I'd recommend going to Universal also.

TIGGER-FAN

It does not matter how old you are, as soon as you pass under the train station on main street you are instantly transformed into a child again. You will feel yourself being filled with the magic and find yourself rushing from one end of the park to the other to go on certain attractions. Go and have fun!

Pixie Duster

Animal Kingdom is GREAT for adults...

If you like animals or the environment or if you (or him) enjoy an atmosphere different from your typical theme park then Animal Kingdom is great for you. Animal Kingdom has a great atmosphere and it is really different because it is more laid back than the other parks, but remember this is the home of adventure ;)

Also Africa has the dawa bar which is one of the few places in our parks that has a full bar:slurp:
A lot of people are in too much of a hurry to catch the animals :rolleyes: . So take your time in DAK, it is NOT a half day park, get a map and look for the paw prints on the map so you know where to find the animals.

mrtoad

Absolutly not. I am 35 and I stil love it. Don't ever think I won't love it at some point either. That being said, I think it has to be for you. I know people who think WDW is no big deal, they would rather go to the beach. I don't get that, because I love it so much - always have.

jutz53

My husband and I went to WDW seven years ago to surprise our grandson (I was 50, DH was 53). The surprise was we were hooked. We have been back every May for the past seven years and cannot wait until this May. We have gone with our grandchildren and had a blast and have gone with two other couples our age and had even more fun. We go to every park, every ride plus party PI at night. WDW knows no age, I agree it may not be for everyone, however, those of us with our child still in our heart breaks loose whenever you go under the arch of WDW. Let your brother experience it and you just watch.
Have a great time. :)

radioandy

If you haven't gotten enough feedback yet :lol:...
I'm 34 and heading to WDW right after Christmas, and I can't wait!
I was blown away by the "magic" of the resort when I was about 7, but every trip back I find a new reason to love it more.

I've never been much for thrill rides, yet every Disney attraction is on such a grand scale that it's a "thrill" just sitting on your butt watching a show. Personally, I could spend about 3 days at Epcot, and I'd make this a priority for anyone not looking for roller coasters.

It's the attention to detail throughout the resort and personal touches from cast members that make it a great experience. For example, talk to the people from around the world working at Animal Kingdom or World Showcase. I suggest someone tall and blonde from Norway! :animwink:

Since you're here, you have probably seen the great resources on the web that preview all the things to do at WDW. There's so much, I'd definitely do a little homework before you go so you're not overwhelmed when you arrive.

Hope y'all have a great time.

Momi2468

:sohappy: I am 64 now and I really love all the Disney Parks, EPCOT most. Since 1994 our whole family returns to Florida (from Germany) and guess what we like most: going to Disney
So I really can understand somebody who "already" is 34, that she likes Disney

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by KevinPage
Don't be forced into a mindset that you can't like something due to age. Make your own deicsions in life what you enjoy/don't enjoy.

Amen to that! age is a highly over-rated concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom