32 Days...Can't Wait

EddieK76

I literally can't wait to be back in 32 days with my family of 6! 3 kids (15,14,11) wife and mother in law!

Here is our agenda

Monday--Arrive MCO at 6PM and head to Arts of Animation (probably chill by the pool and bar)
Tuesday--Hollywood Studios--Rock'n Roller Coaster 10:05FP, Alien Swirling Saucers 12:15FP and then we were gonna go to Woody's Lunch Box for a quick service meal and try slinky dog dash. We then have a FP for Fantasmic. Is there anywhere else we should eat for dinner for a QS? We only have the quick service meal plan
Wednesday--MK day 1..Breakfast at the Plaza 8:10AM and we should be able to get in before rope drop(self pay), Dinner at Tony's Town Square. We have no fast passes for this day because we only have 3 days of tickets bought due to a person in our party only wanting 3 days. Once we get there we will buy the 4th day and can get FP but likely nothing will be available
Thursday--MK Day 2 Breakfast at Be Our Guest at 9:25AM (QS), Big Thunder FP at 11:20AM, Seven Dwarfs at 1:00PM, Space Mountain at 6:45. We likely would go to Pecos Bills for QS but any other suggestions for a late lunch/early dinnerQS?

Friday--AK day--FoP FP for 12:50PM, Everest at 3:25 and Kali RR at 5:20. Will eat at the BBQ place that was so good last year and filling and hope to get there early so we can get on Everest a few more times before the FP.

Saturday (go home) :(.

The wife and I probably will try to sneak out for a night at Disney Springs but that would either be Tuesday after HS or Friday after AK.

Any thoughts or additions you all would make?

Thanks!

belledream

HS QS: Backlot Express or ABC Commisary
MK QS: Columbia Harbor House, but Pecos Bill is great too!

Looks like you don't have a FP for Slinky Dog... and I would think the line around lunchtime (and for the rest of the day) will be pretty long. I'd try getting to HS at rope drop and riding it first thing in the morning. Also, I personally don't choose nighttime spectaculars for FPs because then I can't get any additional FPs all day.

But it sounds like a nice family trip! I hope you have a wonderful time! :)

Upvote 0

EddieK76

Original Poster
Yeah sadly we couldn't get a FP for Slinky Dog. My wife had read about getting a FP for Fantasmic because it gets you better seating....

Upvote 0

belledream

FP seating isn't much different from standby seating (if I remember correctly). Both are an opposite ends of the theater. FP also forces you to enter the theater up to an hour before showtime, which you can (and should) do if you want to get a good seat anyways. But it can be done without a FP. The center section of seats is dedicated to the Fantasmic Dining Package people. I know you're on the QS plan, but that is an option as well.

Also throwing it out there - I've also gotten it as an additional FP later in the day as well. But if there's nothing else that interests your party FP-wise, just keep it. Wouldn't hurt if that's the case. :)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

If you are anything like me, wait til you get to the last 7 days. Youll have 7 sleepless nights anticipating the last countdown days.
Any reason you are cutting out EP?
If you are looking for a great snack go to Gastons Tavern and get the Cinnamon bun. Makes a very filling snack.
Finding Nemo Musical is a great do not miss show in AK.
I've found Tonys to be kind of blaah, I much prefer Liberty Tree Tavern. For a family its got a great selection of food served family style, and you get servings as much as you desire.

Upvote 0

EddieK76

Original Poster
Yeah we aren't super fans of Tony's either, however, it's my MIL's favorite place since our kids were little so it's not worth my wife or my time to try and argue about it :). Haha!

Upvote 0

JohnD

I literally can't wait to be back in 32 days with my family of 6! 3 kids (15,14,11) wife and mother in law!

bcc106c8dfaa88542b5d36cf9ac96347.jpg

Upvote 0

EddieK76

Original Poster
Mine for the most part stays in the room. She's paying for our trip this time and last time she went she stayed in the room for 4 out of the 6 days. Spent a half day at MK and 6 hours at Epcot. Toughest thing is all being in the same room and or her understanding that our children are now 15,14 and 11 and they have certain liberties we let them have like going on rides by themselves.

Upvote 0

MichiganDisneyDad4

What makes it tough is when they (parents) pay for the trip...you feel that sense of having to do things that they like, more than what you and the family likes. We've been there, done that, and all in all it turned out ok. Like I said before, you're in Disney, so it lightens the blow a bit with having the MIL there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom