Trip Report 30th Birthday Celebration! March 22-25

Hey everyone! It's been a few days since my husband and I returned from our short trip to WDW to celebrate my 30th and I'm excited to share our trip! We returned to WDW this past September after a 4 year hiatus to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday, so it only seemed fair to celebrate mine in the same way as well :) We initially planned to do a roadtrip in CA and visit Disneyland, but that obviously didn't pan out. We had such a great trip, and I'm already ready to go back!

Ebropez

Original Poster
We really miss the Animation Academy they used to have at Hollywood Studios. It was fabulous with desk tops to draw on. My kids used to go through multiple times trying to get the character they wanted to draw! We still have all of those drawings they would bring home.
Me too! This reminded me of that a little bit, I definitely felt nostalgic for it!

Ebropez

Original Poster
Finally finishing this TR!

Weds 3/24 (cont.)

After park hopping from a fun-filled morning in AK, we arrived at MK around 2:30. We took in the sights and headed straight to a few of our favorites!

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg
Main street was pretty empty! I could stay here all day!

We started off with Big Thunder, posted at 20 mins, but it was a walk on! This was probably one of our first rides with every row filled and no plexiglass, so it felt a little weird at first, but a great sign towards some normalcy again! After that, we headed towards Space mountain (probably our favorite ride in MK)- the line seemed to go on for forever outside, but it was about a 20 min wait. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was only posted at about a 30 minute wait, so we hopped on line- this line also seemed to go on forever but moved mostly the entire time. At this point we were feeling ready for a snack so we mobile ordered a dole whip (of course) and found a nice secluded spot behind Liberty Tree Tavern. Such a quiet and peaceful spot with lots of tables and practically no one around, I wish I had taken a picture! We then hit up Haunted Mansion which was a walk on and then headed towards Pirates, posted at about a 40 minute wait. It was probably around 6ish at this point, and while we had wanted to stay till park close (9), it was looking more and more unlikely as we were getting pretty tired! We hopped on Pirates and decided to head out after. We stopped in the Emporium on the way out and said our goodbyes! Overall, we had a fantastic day and successfully did all 4 parks in 2 days!!

IMG_3277.jpg

After heading out of MK, our plan was to initially catch a bus to Coronado to try out Three Bridges for dinner (Coronado was the first Disney property we stayed at, and I just have a soft spot for it!), but we didn't want to potentially run into issues catching a rideshare back to Pop. We decided to get on the bus to Riviera and mobile order dinner at Primo Piatto. We got on line for the bus at Riviera and again, it took 40 minutes! Such craziness. Once the bus arrived we mobile ordered for the next available pick up window, and it was ready maybe 10 minutes after we arrived. I just love this resort! We enjoyed our dinner outside on the patio and it was absolutely delicious! Again, I wish I took a picture. I hate to say it, but the difference in quality of food between the quick service restaurants at each resort is insane! I guess you truly get what you pay for; one day, we'll stay at the Riviera! After a relaxing night. we hopped on the skyliner and made it back to pop. The skyliner really is such a game changer and is so so convenient.

Thurs 3/25 Check out day :/

For our last day, we had breakfast reservations at Topolino's! On our trip in Sept we had dinner at Topolino's and it was hands down the best meal we've had on Disney property, so I was excited to try out their breakfast! As we got on line for the Skyliner (at around 8), we realized we were going to need to take the Epcot line towards the Riviera and were nervous we'd run into an issue transferring at CBR, but it was easy peasy! We just had to show them our dining reservation on our phone and off we went! It was nice to be able to walk right onto the skyliner when it is usually such chaos at CBR. After arriving at Riviera and enjoying some time outside on the swings, we headed upstairs and were seated maybe within maybe 10 mins of our reservation. I knew ahead of time to try to order a second entree as a "side" as it is a price fixe menu, and was happy to see that the server happily allowed us to do so! I got the quiche and mickey waffle, and my husband got the sausage hash and mickey waffle. It was all so so delicious! I believe it was $43 per person, but for the character experience (although of course currently lacking due to restrictions), and the amount of food you can get by ordering a "side," I'd say it was well worth it! I will say, we had pretty great seats to see the characters, and they did come out quite frequently, but there are definitely some tables with limited views, so I could see how that would be disappointing especially for families and their kiddos.

IMG_3286.jpg

IMG_3281.jpg
IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3288.jpg
One last pic!

After our delicious meal, we were feeling full and ready to head back on the skyliner for our sad departure back home to Charleston. We had such a great trip!! We truly did jam pack it with lots to do, so I'm hoping that whenever our next trip might be, we will take it at a more leisurely pace (if that's even possible for us). Until then, I will continue to enjoy reading all of your trip reports and will be wishing I was there! Until next time!!

-Erica

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom