3 Nights at Disney and a 3 night Disney cruise OR 6 nights at Disney. What would you choose?

belledream

Have you been on a Disney Cruise before? Is the opportunity to go Disney Cruising relatively easy/accessible to you? If not, I'd say try the 3 and 3 because DCL is another realm of the Disney experience that I'd recommend to anyone who loves Disney!

Otherwise, it is a short period of time at both, and if cruising is something that you've done or can do fairly easily, then I'd stick with the longer trip at Disney. :)

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

I agree will belledream ^. If you haven't experienced a Disney cruise then I'd give it a shot. Even though we aren't really cruise-type patrons, we had to try it (twice, actually). Both times were absolutely great but another cruise isn't planned any time soon. We just love the parks so much more.

Upvote 0

rob0519

If you have not been on a cruise and do not plan to take a cruise longer than 3 days in the near future, I would go with the cruise and the 3 days at WDW. Otherwise, I would take the 6 nights at WDW because 3 and 3 is too short to truly enjoy both. We could only afford a 4 day cruise and while I'm glad we went, I felt like it was over in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We did both one year and found ourselves to be purely park people. People will be surprised, I'm sure, but I couldn't find something I wanted to do on the cruise. I didn't pay that much money to do trivia games or see a movie just because I'm on a ship. The pools were small and crowded. The buffet breakfasts were crowded - at least b'fast is spread around the resorts and parks at WDW. I turned to my husband at one point when we were sitting in our room and told him to get me on the Peoplemover stat. Luckily we didn't check in our luggage since we left most of it at the CR before the trip. We were off the ship as soon as it docked when people were still sleeping. A Mears van took us and two other families back to WDW. We were in the parks by 8:30am. I know many, many people who are cruise people. We're not. Since I'm from Long Island, I grew up on a boat so that wasn't the problem. I just found it crowded with little to do. I would rather spend my days at WDW.
Go with your gut. Try it like we did, or as others here have said, if you can cruise another time, do the parks for 6 days.

Upvote 0

21stamps

We are doing a 7 (DCL)/ 5 (WDW) split this year. Will be our first time on DCL..I'm looking forward to the Christmas decorations/events and just an overall more relaxing Disney experience!

My vote is to try the cruise! Especially if your September dates are during the Halloween sailings!

Upvote 0

laben594

Original Poster
Have you been on a Disney Cruise before? Is the opportunity to go Disney Cruising relatively easy/accessible to you? If not, I'd say try the 3 and 3 because DCL is another realm of the Disney experience that I'd recommend to anyone who loves Disney!

Otherwise, it is a short period of time at both, and if cruising is something that you've done or can do fairly easily, then I'd stick with the longer trip at Disney. :)

We have been on a Disney cruise before and loved it!! However, it was 4 days not 3. I think we might do the 6 nights at Disney, I can't stay away from those parks :)

Upvote 0

laben594

Original Poster
I agree will belledream ^. If you haven't experienced a Disney cruise then I'd give it a shot. Even though we aren't really cruise-type patrons, we had to try it (twice, actually). Both times were absolutely great but another cruise isn't planned any time soon. We just love the parks so much more.

We love the parks too, even though we are annual passholders giving up half a WDW vacation (for a Disney cruise) is a hard decision!

Upvote 0

laben594

Original Poster
If you have not been on a cruise and do not plan to take a cruise longer than 3 days in the near future, I would go with the cruise and the 3 days at WDW. Otherwise, I would take the 6 nights at WDW because 3 and 3 is too short to truly enjoy both. We could only afford a 4 day cruise and while I'm glad we went, I felt like it was over in a heartbeat.

We did the 4 day cruise a few years ago and LOVED IT! You're right though, it did go by fast so I'm sure a 3 day cruise would literally fly by!!

Upvote 0

laben594

Original Poster
We did both one year and found ourselves to be purely park people. People will be surprised, I'm sure, but I couldn't find something I wanted to do on the cruise. I didn't pay that much money to do trivia games or see a movie just because I'm on a ship. The pools were small and crowded. The buffet breakfasts were crowded - at least b'fast is spread around the resorts and parks at WDW. I turned to my husband at one point when we were sitting in our room and told him to get me on the Peoplemover stat. Luckily we didn't check in our luggage since we left most of it at the CR before the trip. We were off the ship as soon as it docked when people were still sleeping. A Mears van took us and two other families back to WDW. We were in the parks by 8:30am. I know many, many people who are cruise people. We're not. Since I'm from Long Island, I grew up on a boat so that wasn't the problem. I just found it crowded with little to do. I would rather spend my days at WDW.
Go with your gut. Try it like we did, or as others here have said, if you can cruise another time, do the parks for 6 days.

Thank you for your feedback!! I agree we are park people too. We go to the parks all the time, so I thought maybe it would be fun to do something different, but it's so hard missing out on park time haha!

Upvote 0

laben594

Original Poster
We are doing a 7 (DCL)/ 5 (WDW) split this year. Will be our first time on DCL..I'm looking forward to the Christmas decorations/events and just an overall more relaxing Disney experience!

My vote is to try the cruise! Especially if your September dates are during the Halloween sailings!

We went on the Halloween cruise a few years ago! Loved it so much that's why we were conflicted on what to do this year!

Enjoy DCL during Christmas time! That would be my dream!

Upvote 0

21stamps

We went on the Halloween cruise a few years ago! Loved it so much that's why we were conflicted on what to do this year!

Enjoy DCL during Christmas time! That would be my dream!
We are booked on the Wonder out of San Diego in October 2017 I'm excited for the Halloween festivities! I am worried about the ship though, hopefully the refurbishment is great!

Upvote 0

belledream

We have been on a Disney cruise before and loved it!! However, it was 4 days not 3. I think we might do the 6 nights at Disney, I can't stay away from those parks :)
I know the feeling. ;) And knowing that you've been on a Disney Cruise before definitely makes the 3 and 3 seem less desirable than 6 days in the World. Have fun!

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Looking for some opinions/advice! Both are obviously amazing but I can't decide for September
Count me in the minority then as I'd take the 3+3 in a second. We've done several 7+ day WDW trips and three 3-day cruses either bookend with WDW parks or a few days before the cruise, we have a fourth trip planned for October too with a a 3-day cruise bookend with park visits.. Maybe I'm burned out on WDW a bit as I don't know that I want 6+ days of the parks as they currently are and find the short cruise a fun break while still experiencing some magic even though its on The Dream.

Upvote 0

CheshireCat12

Definitely the 3+3 option- if you've never done DCL it is fabulous! The service is second to none and the food/shows are good. Go to WDW first and then relax on the cruise!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom